AYPsite.org Forum
 Tantra - A Holistic View of Spiritual Development
 tantra and fertility
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

glow

11 Posts

Posted - Aug 03 2008 :  2:20:16 PM  Show Profile  Visit glow's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
does anyone know if tantra practices can be used in conjuction with reproductive sex. my husband and i want to conceive- but would like it to be a natural process where sex is used to cultivate spirituality and that being the focus rather than merely chasing after the outcome of conception (which is what we've been doing for 6 months). we are beginning to try tantra but how does that work with reproductive sex?

mikkiji

USA
219 Posts

Posted - Aug 04 2008 :  09:32:54 AM  Show Profile  Visit mikkiji's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Sex for spiritual growth does not preclude reproductive sex in any way. They can embrace in a joyous dance of devotion, because what is more spiritual than the joining of spirit in the creation of a child? You are not joining only your DNA during reproductive sex, ya know! You join your karmas and your souls--it is a very deep level of commitment between husband and wife, MUCH deeper than before children. Do not do this lightly--this is a huge spiritual step, involving growth and maturity, devotion and sacrifice. In my experience and opinion, reproductive sex can and should (MUST) be the most blissful and passionate love you will ever make. May you have much happiness in your dance...
Go to Top of Page

yogani

USA
5201 Posts

Posted - Aug 04 2008 :  11:00:57 AM  Show Profile  Visit yogani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Glow:

I don't have any special knowledge on fertility, but do concur with Mikkiji.

Doing tantric sexual methods should not interfere with conception as long as your husband ejaculates at the end. That could be after a long time in lovemaking once he develops some skill with holdback, etc. The suggestion is to enjoy the intimacy you have, and nature will take her course. The deep relaxation gained in tantric sex can be an aid, since everything will flow more naturally. Like samyama, just pick it up and let it go. Nature will take care of the rest.

If fertilization is not happening, there are things that can be done to help it along. Our oldest son and his wife were having a similar issue for over a year, and as soon as they began to think seriously about taking additional measures with a doctor's help, they got pregnant (before any measures were taken). Now we have a cute little grand-daughter. It happens like that sometimes, when you might least expect it. Give it some time...

All the best!

The guru is in you.
Go to Top of Page

glow

11 Posts

Posted - Aug 07 2008 :  07:58:56 AM  Show Profile  Visit glow's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks so much Mikkiji and Yogani!
Go to Top of Page

lover

Philippines
35 Posts

Posted - Oct 17 2009 :  05:23:50 AM  Show Profile  Visit lover's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
hello everyone;,

Is it true that prolonged sex abstinence reduces the chances of conception?

For years,we've been trying to conceive but has not yet succeeded.
I had my semen analysis and it was normal,the sperm count,motility,etc. were perfectly normal.How this is so.

Please advise me.

I asked the question above coz i read that prolong sex abstinence leads to poor sperm quality..

One thing really sure for us is that we usually try it after more than 3 months non-ejaculatory sex..

hope to read from you guys..

Go to Top of Page

lover

Philippines
35 Posts

Posted - Nov 24 2009 :  9:27:18 PM  Show Profile  Visit lover's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
hello everyone;,

Is it true that prolonged sex abstinence reduces the chances of conception?

For years,we've been trying to conceive but has not yet succeeded.
I had my semen analysis and it was normal,the sperm count,motility,etc. were perfectly normal.How this is so.

Please advise me.

I asked the question above coz i read that prolong sex abstinence leads to poor sperm quality..

One thing really sure for us is that we usually try it after more than 3 months non-ejaculatory sex..

hope to read from you guys..
Go to Top of Page

Anthem

1608 Posts

Posted - Nov 24 2009 :  9:34:40 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Lover,

No idea, but maybe try having a much more "traditional" sex with ejaculation to increase your chances of conceiving? Once every 3 months doesn't sound like you are giving enough chance for the miracle of conception to take place. Just guessing though...

Best of luck!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000