Kundalini - AYP Practice-Related
 Partner shaking and twitching when asleep by me
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

BellaMente

USA
147 Posts

Posted - Nov 15 2009 :  9:11:04 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hey everyone!

I've noticed that when I am sleeping next to my partner he starts twtiching and shaking and jolting and making all kinds of odd movements, especially when I have extra high energy levels or when I am very close to him. He doesn't do this when he is awake though... So I don't know if it is related to my new extra high energy or what...And if it is related to it, if it is, say his energy responding to mine, why doesn't it happen when he is awake??

Not a big deal but he has never done this before so I was just curious...

vijikr

United Arab Emirates
413 Posts

Posted - Nov 20 2009 :  08:51:05 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Bella,

I too noticed something similar but in my case he always tells me his energy is waking him up. I think when he is asleep its easy for the core being to interact with our energy esply if its our partner since we already have sexual connection with them.

Love and Light
Viji
Go to Top of Page

Tibetan_Ice

Canada
758 Posts

Posted - Nov 20 2009 :  3:55:26 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by BellaMente

Hey everyone!

I've noticed that when I am sleeping next to my partner he starts twtiching and shaking and jolting and making all kinds of odd movements, especially when I have extra high energy levels or when I am very close to him. He doesn't do this when he is awake though... So I don't know if it is related to my new extra high energy or what...And if it is related to it, if it is, say his energy responding to mine, why doesn't it happen when he is awake??

Not a big deal but he has never done this before so I was just curious...

Hi BellaMente and vijikr :)
Without presenting any background info, here is my take on it.

The body is like a bar magnet, so says Paramahans Yogananda. I believe it.

Practices and kundalini help to magnetize the body. It is the same principle as rubbing an iron rod with a magnet. Constant repetitive motion 'aligns' the particles in the iron rod producing magnetism. That same constant repetitive motion can be the motion of air as in pranayama, or electrical current such as bio-synaptic reflex action.

Some practices are more efficient at 'magnetizing' the body than others such as Kunlun, shaking, and bhastrika (rapid breathing). I would even venture to say that mantra repetition has the same effect.

When a person is asleep, they go into a state in which they do not consciously control the body. But it is very easy to influence the sleeping person because they are more open at that time (in a somewhat suggestive and hypnotic state).

Here is a post that Yoda posted on the TaoBums:
quote:

There's a variety of things that happen to seith folk when they're seething. Well now, there's a term that might require some explanation: seething. Seething is a thing that happens to us. It is like the point where you drop off to sleep. The eyes roll upwards, the body releases, there is a coolness or heat, and a hot chill up the spine knocking the joints apart. It is a flow of power out of the depths of Hvergelmir. It is the only luck we have, and it happens to us. It comes unbidden. It is a falling and flying at the same time like when der Glückspilz washes over us. It is like the icy waters which forever boil up out of the original Well, and, at the same time, the warm summer rains which wash back down to the Land of the Ancestors.
Seething comes from outside, a wind blowing into us.
Seething washes our soul out through a hole in the back of our neck.
Seething shakes out our spine like a dusty rug.
Seething jerks the arms from the sockets..."

from http://www.sunnyway.com/runes/seidr.html

So my explanation is this. When a person ups their energetic/magnetic levels and finds themselves next to a sleeping person, the extra energy/magnetism charges the sleeping person and this results in spontaneous movements, more so than normal.

Here is a link on shaking that you might find interesting..

http://www.thetaobums.com/Shaking-P...i-t5341.html

BellaMente, the reason why so many seekers just remain in the presence of the Guru is because prolonged exposure to higher forms of energy is contagious. It sets up sympathetic resonation. If you simply put an iron rod (your partner) next to a magnet (you) and keep them there for a long time, eventually the rod will become charged too.

:)
TI

Go to Top of Page

BellaMente

USA
147 Posts

Posted - Nov 21 2009 :  2:58:47 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I wonder if that has something to do with my phone and computer sometimes acting strangely?
Go to Top of Page

Tibetan_Ice

Canada
758 Posts

Posted - Nov 21 2009 :  4:16:22 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by BellaMente

I wonder if that has something to do with my phone and computer sometimes acting strangely?

Hi BellaMente :)
Well, yes, this is a well known phenomenon. Ask Carson about his car and electronic equipment.. Others have mentioned similar events on this forum..

:)
TI
Go to Top of Page

mikkiji

USA
219 Posts

Posted - Nov 23 2009 :  09:12:31 AM  Show Profile  Visit mikkiji's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Twitching and shaking, either during meditation or during sleep, can be the release of stresses or Samskaras--the residue of sense-impressions, from the physical nervous system due to the relaxed nature of the mind and body during deep states of rest.
Michael
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000