New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

amoux

United Kingdom
266 Posts

Posted - May 08 2010 :  05:52:42 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Just some feedback on the solar enhancement - a week or so ago the 'solar centre' became activated during a visualisation/meditation that I was doing (entirely separately from AYP practices). In fact, this was such a strong sensation that it occurred to me it might not be a good idea to be doing this vis/med in addition to AYP, so I discontinued it, pro tem.

Anyway, it occurred to me this week to drop the ayam mantra into the solar plexus area (i hadn't read the solar enhancement lesson at that time) - and there was a very strong reaction. The best way I can describe it is that there is a powerful suck/surge sensation - as if energy is flowing through from the back into the solar centre (the surge) - and then a sucking outward of that energy through the centre. It is so marked that on the first occasion using solar enhancement the knees lifted in and up with the sucking, the whole chest is pulled forward - and at one point the hips were lifting forward and up. It was so strong that it actually crossed my mind that I was going to lift up out of the chair! (And I don't really believe that's possible!) The sensations happen each time I use the solar enhancement.

I have (belatedly) read the full solar enhancement lesson now, and this thread, and thought I'd just post my experience for information. Thus far, all is stable - with no adverse effects, and a definite deepening of silence amidst the body maelstrom, so to speak And I should mention that the suck/surge subsides within a few breaths as I go on to Samayama.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000