Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Forum FAQ | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 AYPsite.org Forum
 Discussions on AYP Deep Meditation and Samyama
 what's up whit my pranayama-meditation routine?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

bobbe

Italy
3 Posts

Posted - May 10 2010 :  3:38:06 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hi guys, frist of all I beg your pardon because of my english. It is not very good since it's not my mother tongue (I'm from South Italy). Regadless to my poor language skills I want to post a question which is very important for my pratice:

today I added pranayama for the first time to my routine. The first session was ok, but the second was very strange and I was costricted to stop meditation. I've done 5 minutes pranayama an then, after a short rest (less than a minute) I started meditation. Five minutes later I was forced by my own body to MOVE, I felt a blind force located in my lower spine that was longing for some bodily expression. My body has been literally SHAKEN by this force and it seemed like I was returned to my MDMA-days, i was absolutely restless. Have you some advices?

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - May 10 2010 :  4:03:37 PM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Welcome to the AYP forums Bobbe.

It sounds like you are experiencing some major purification. I would suggest doing dome grounding stuff, like exercise, eat heavier etc. Look here for more suggestions: http://www.aypsite.org/forum/topic....OPIC_ID=2165

You may be too sensitive to spinal breathing. Till this uneasy/restless feeling you are having subsides, don't do spinal breathing, once this subsides, you can add back spinal breathing, but just do it for a min at first or maybe just 4 - 5 rounds of it. When you feel stable in this, you can increase it by a bit more. So increase it very very slowly as your body feels comfortable. If adding t back makes you uneasy again, just back off spinal breathing and get back to it at some later date.

Hope this helps.

PS: Your English is fine. Thank you for writing. Hope to hear more from you.
Go to Top of Page

bobbe

Italy
3 Posts

Posted - May 10 2010 :  4:11:46 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Dear shanti, thank you for your reply.
I forgot to say that today I attempted to medidate a third time without doing spinal breathing and the "automatic shake" was still here. I made this third attempt only because I wasn't able to do my regular 20 mins the previous time, but I'm not new to similar forms of overdoing! am I paying the price for too much pratice in the early days of my deep meditation experience?
Go to Top of Page

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - May 10 2010 :  4:38:11 PM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Well, give the inner energies some time to settle down. Don't meditate any more today. I think it is night time in Italy, so don't think there is much you can do to ground right now.

You need to ground the excess energy released. So maybe a good idea not to push meditation till you have had a chance to ground. Tonights sleep may do the trick. Then try a short meditation tomorrow morning, if it is smooth, you are fine. Then if you want to add spinal breathing in the evening, just add very few rounds, or skip it for now, if intuition tells you that is the best way to go.

Why suddenly there is such a burst of energy? It could be any number of reasons, yes, maybe all the excess practice you did earlier, or the addition of spinal breathing or you were just ready to open up to the energies.

The discomfort is due the the fact we tend to take the experience from now and fit it into some experience in the past. It will resolve in a bit. As we continue with our practices, the nervous system purifies and the flow of energy becomes smoother... then the energy does not feel so jittery and restless.

For now, it will help to ground the excess energy that is released by cutting back on practice and increasing activity.
Go to Top of Page

JDH

USA
331 Posts

Posted - May 10 2010 :  4:49:52 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Bobbe, that's a great experience you're having. It's the awakening awareness of the "vast storehouse of energy" at the base of the spine. It's normal to have intense energy experiences at this time - I did. It eventually calms down.

You should "self pace" as necessary. How much is necessary is entirely up to you. It might mean that you lower the times for meditation and spinal breathing. You could even set spinal breathing aside for a little while and come back to it whenever you're ready to test the waters again.

Yogani often mentions that our daily living experiences are a gauge for when we've taken on too much in practices. So take one step back, let the energy settle down a bit, make sure you're feeling OK in daily life, and then try again in a little bit. That could mean a day, a week, or a month... up to you. And enjoy!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000