Discussions on AYP Deep Meditation and Samyama
 Change in seasons effecting meditation
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Clear White Light

USA
229 Posts

Posted - May 05 2010 :  7:56:37 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Has anyone ever noticed that a change in the seasons will have an effect on their meditation practice?

For example, here in Michigan we are finally beginning to have temperatures in the 80s, with high degrees of humidity. This is after our customary 7-8 months of cold. Now that the warm weather is here, I feel continuously drained of energy. My meditations are uncharacteristically drowsy. I know some of you from warmer climates are probably laughing, but where I'm from warm weather is not the standard.

Scott

USA
969 Posts

Posted - May 05 2010 :  8:28:41 PM  Show Profile  Visit Scott's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Oh cool you're in Michigan! I go to school in the UP.

Do you notice this drowsiness each year? You'd think spring would bring more energy...maybe catching up on rest, if you overexerted in the winter.
Go to Top of Page

Scott

USA
969 Posts

Posted - May 05 2010 :  8:37:56 PM  Show Profile  Visit Scott's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
By the way...something that might help is having watermelon. Good to rejuvenate the kidneys.
Go to Top of Page

Clear White Light

USA
229 Posts

Posted - May 05 2010 :  9:21:57 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hey Scott,

It's hard to say. April 1st marked my first complete year of daily meditation practice. I have noticed that the onset of warmer weather is generally draining for me. Hopefully this is just more of the same. So what school are you going to? I'm about to begin my third semester of community college.
Go to Top of Page

brother neil

USA
752 Posts

Posted - May 05 2010 :  9:39:28 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
maybe changing to lighter foods might help? just a shot in the dark
Brother Neil
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000