New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

Victor

USA
910 Posts

Posted - Nov 12 2009 :  3:33:11 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
The new lesson on bringing the awareness to the solar plexus during mantra was really a help in that it immediately relieved tension in the head that I didn't even realize that I had. With kechari and all the emphasis on the third eye I had been focusing on that area and to bring the focus down to the solar plexus was really soothing and centering from the first attempt.
Thanks!

emc

2072 Posts

Posted - Nov 12 2009 :  5:20:52 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
That lesson reminded me of the first meditation I ever did - a meditation on that exact spot, as suggested by Deepak Chopra. It's said to be the "gate to the soul". I remember it was very effective!
Go to Top of Page

Ananda

3115 Posts

Posted - Nov 12 2009 :  6:21:01 PM  Show Profile  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
the same happened here pretty much as Victor

again thks Yogani.

namaste
Go to Top of Page

yogani

USA
5201 Posts

Posted - Nov 12 2009 :  6:54:32 PM  Show Profile  Visit yogani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Victor and All:

Glad to hear it. More feedback is welcome as we move along.

"Progress with stability" is our motto for the month, or perhaps for the century.

The lesson (#369) that went up today is for that also.

All the best!

The guru is in you.

Go to Top of Page

Parallax

USA
348 Posts

Posted - Nov 12 2009 :  9:30:58 PM  Show Profile  Visit Parallax's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Coincidentally, I started the 1st mantra enhancement (old) about 4 days ago (before all the latest lessons on mantra modifications)...1st enhancement has been pretty powerful but so far so good.

I tend to have the mantra locate in the upper head (above the head?) region, and energy sensations primarily in the top 1/2 of my body. Think the solar enhancement would be helpful in centering all of this...I think I know the answer, but is it too soon to add the solar enhancement...so soon after undertaking the 1st mantra enhancement?

Thanks
Go to Top of Page

Akasha

421 Posts

Posted - Nov 13 2009 :  12:09:39 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Fantastic lesson! Inspired & Exciting.

'Soothing and centreing' yes, Victor.

A very useful mantra enhancement for the tool box.

The lesson alone( not the practice) does obfuscate the tendency to favour locating the mantra in the head(or indeed anywhere!!). It may require some trial period by the individual practitioner to guage if it's appropriate to take on and/or give feedback but i think it's fantastic.I do have obstructions in that region, the solar plexus, so it could be quite beneficial and balancing for me but if & when the time is appropriate,only time will tell.Still self-pacing a stable platform so no immediate pull here to take it on right now.

I was a little unsure ,at first, , how one would do that practice,as intoning the mantra to me sounded like it orginated by default in the heaad but now i realize it's tuning into, or feeling ,the vibrational resonance in that area--Perhaps an indication of my own obstructions.It does tend to resonate up the spinal cord but it's further away from the head and Third Eye which is what i probably tend to favour.And it sounds like it might balance out the stimulation practised at opposite ends of the spinal cord with mulabandha and sambhavi in SbP.Perhaps some of the logic and rationale behind this enhancement may have something to do with some of these issues- as a global purifier.

Great Thankyou Yogani.The last 4 lessons are inspired, as always.

Go to Top of Page

SeekingShiva

USA
46 Posts

Posted - Nov 13 2009 :  12:41:41 AM  Show Profile  Visit SeekingShiva's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Many thanks for the solar enhancement.

In last few days/months some times during meditation I would feel the mantra sound resonating inside my body during meditation something like I would say Shri Shri IAM IAM and I feel it touching in the body and also can feel that my outer self is different(skin+other stuff), I know I am not able to explain properly, but after doing the solar enhancement I am feeling so different I love it and I am not so advanced(anyway who is judging here)

My only problem is now my mental chanting of my eternal deity mantra is not stopping or I feel like saying the mantra and feel the resonate there.

Hope it is okay.

Yogani, you are really opening up the hidden doors and sharing this wonderful wealth, words of thanks would just be too small of appreciation.

From core of my heart I say you thanks, I hope everybody in the world who want to follow gets your lessons. They are absolutely wonderful and given out without any expectations.

Go to Top of Page

Holy

796 Posts

Posted - Nov 13 2009 :  09:01:07 AM  Show Profile  Visit Holy's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Had two sessions so far with the solar centering (IAM as the mantra). I'm not sure how to make it correctly.

There are two ways I chant mental stuff inside. The one way is with micro tounge movements and the mental sound, where both are somewhat very near. The other way is to stop all physical movements and do it solely on a mental level in a chosen space which requires more "effort" somehow. So how to do it?

1) solely on a mental level within the head + feeling-concentration in the solar plexus area

2) solely on a mental level as if the sound is exactly within the solar plexus area and "me" listening from above there in the head being in silence - brain silence, solar sound

3) "coming down" from the head and being mentally like in the solar plexus ( creates imagination that needs to be hold up ) and then being in the rigt place chanting it like being in the head

4) like those from 1-3 but with tounge micromovements and also 2 places where the sound is produced

Tried out nr. 2 as the main. But it mostly was a combination between 1 and 2 and 4. 3 was too "not meditation", so after some repetitions I stopped it. Generally there was much more space-awareness and -movement than with mantra only where space was often transcended. So all in all it was much more an effort than the original one.

But after the first session which was yesterday night, the effect was instantly there. The first time I ever understood what Yogani means with radiance. It was most probably my first intense nondual experience that came from an AYP session. I can't describe it, but why radiance itself is nonduality within "spacecy-energy-awareness".... Man, it's hard... Okay, to list some effects, perhaps this makes it easier.

-Much much less mental activity in the head afterwards. Something that was never the case with DM.
-Then much more space awareness. Physical existence itself was "filled with IAM radiance" making it somewhat translucent, visible from within. At the same time exactly this radiance dissolved the borders making it "one-nondual-radiance-physical/energy-existence". Something like that. A very very strange feeling was constantly in the solar pleus area, something that the thinking machine could do nothing with. It was physically nondual like never before after an AYP session. Before there was always physical seperation within awareness.

Ok, after the second session which was today, the meditation part itself was much more controlled and stable. Moments of thoughtlesness between mantra are MUCH more there. This immense awareness grow in the solar area absorbs the thought-stuff strongly in that place. Silence grow is much higher, and even afterwards it is like yesterday. The nondual part is not as intense, but still the same "direction" in perception.

It is still very strange, something completely new, absolutely not graspable.
Go to Top of Page

yogani

USA
5201 Posts

Posted - Nov 13 2009 :  10:14:30 AM  Show Profile  Visit yogani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi All:

Thanks for the continuing feedback. Sounds like we are off to a good start with the solar centering enhancement. Make sure that you have your mantra well "baked in" (automatic) before attempting this enhancement.

Parallax: Yes, one enhancement at a time. It seems you have three choices at this juncture, since you have barely begun the original first mantra enhancement. You can continue what you have just started, and down the road decide on a next enhancement -- solar centering or mantra.

If there have been stability issues, you can let go of the enhancement you just started and go to the alternate first mantra enhancement for a smoother ride (Lesson 369), or begin the solar centering enhancement instead (Lesson 368). Your choice, according to your experience and preference.

But one thing at a time, and let it bake in for a good long while between enhancements -- months or years, not days or weeks. Very important.

All the best!

The guru is in you.

Go to Top of Page

SeekingShiva

USA
46 Posts

Posted - Nov 13 2009 :  1:32:59 PM  Show Profile  Visit SeekingShiva's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
After reading and doing the solar enhancement I thought to read the article again and looks like I am not sure where to center...

Is it "Solar Plexus" http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Celiac_plexus

or This is the area just below the sternum (breastbone) and about three fingers width inside.

I just want to do it right, so that is why I am re investigating it.

Is it feasible for you to post some kind of diagram. Or are we focusing on "Manipura"

Sorry for asking for asking it again, I think it will be really helpful for everybody.

Go to Top of Page

yogani

USA
5201 Posts

Posted - Nov 13 2009 :  2:44:21 PM  Show Profile  Visit yogani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi SeekingShiva:

The location does not have to be that precise, and neither does the mantra. We don't want to be solidifying them in the mind so much. Both will float and fade, and that is normal. We just easily favor both at whatever level of clarity or fuzziness we happen to be in the moment. That is good practice.

When ecstatic conductivity comes up, we will know the location by feel, and that is not a pinpoint location either. The suggestion is to just be easy with it. If you are favoring the general area mentioned, you will be doing fine.

All the best!

The guru is in you.

Go to Top of Page

cosmic

USA
821 Posts

Posted - Nov 13 2009 :  11:49:17 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hello Victor and all,

I've only been doing the solar enhancement since yesterday, but I also felt immediate relief from head pressure. My crown has been opening in recent months, and there has been constant pressure in the head for the past 2 weeks. Nothing severe or uncomfortable, but it's been building up. I clearly felt the pressure going down within minutes of DM with the enhancement, the first time I tried it.

Yogani, can the solar enhancement be carried over into our samyama practice? The thought occurred to me, but I decided against trying it until hearing from you about it.

Thank you to Yogani for the lesson, and to Victor for bringing it to our attention

Love
cosmic
Go to Top of Page

Ananda

3115 Posts

Posted - Nov 14 2009 :  12:54:31 AM  Show Profile  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
hi Yogani, the mantra is automatic and the concentration on the solar plexus is getting better as it seems for now and as is with every new practice i know that there is going to be a clunky stage but i don't know if this okay but i am tending to visualize a ball of white light at that place and this seems to bring more ecstasy and purification; so is it smthg okay to do or not?

namaste
Go to Top of Page

Parallax

USA
348 Posts

Posted - Nov 14 2009 :  08:34:50 AM  Show Profile  Visit Parallax's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by yogani

Parallax: Yes, one enhancement at a time. It seems you have three choices at this juncture, since you have barely begun the original first mantra enhancement. You can continue what you have just started, and down the road decide on a next enhancement -- solar centering or mantra.

If there have been stability issues, you can let go of the enhancement you just started and go to the alternate first mantra enhancement for a smoother ride (Lesson 369), or begin the solar centering enhancement instead (Lesson 368). Your choice, according to your experience and preference.

But one thing at a time, and let it bake in for a good long while between enhancements -- months or years, not days or weeks. Very important.

Yogani, eternally grateful for your help guidance and counsel.

Since I've felt a bit "top heavy" already, I've backed off the first mantra enhancement (old) and moved to the solar centering enhancement. After 2 sessions, I'm already feeling the energy being pulled down the sushumna to the solar plexus region and more activity below that as well, seems to be having the desired effect!

I'll continue to bake this in over at least the next 6-12 months and then evaluate whether to add back the 1st enhancement.

Much love to you

Edited by - Parallax on Nov 14 2009 09:09:45 AM
Go to Top of Page

yogani

USA
5201 Posts

Posted - Nov 14 2009 :  09:56:47 AM  Show Profile  Visit yogani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by cosmic

Yogani, can the solar enhancement be carried over into our samyama practice? The thought occurred to me, but I decided against trying it until hearing from you about it.

Hi Cosmic:

Yes, as we develop the habit of our meditation procedure, solar centering may naturally find its way into core samyama practice, and it can have stabilizing effects there too. At this time, this is not a formal AYP instruction, but not discouraged either, if it comes naturally.

Obviously, this does not apply to cosmic samyama, which has its own set of locations.

The guru is in you.

Go to Top of Page

yogani

USA
5201 Posts

Posted - Nov 14 2009 :  10:12:34 AM  Show Profile  Visit yogani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Ananda

hi Yogani, the mantra is automatic and the concentration on the solar plexus is getting better as it seems for now and as is with every new practice i know that there is going to be a clunky stage but i don't know if this okay but i am tending to visualize a ball of white light at that place and this seems to bring more ecstasy and purification; so is it smthg okay to do or not?

Hi Ananda:

It will be good to let go of the idea of "concentration" on the solar center. It is just an easy favoring, like we do with the mantra. In time, the location will become part of the mantra, and it will be one thing we are favoring.

If visions come, like a "ball of white light," etc., we regard that like any other thought, and ease back to the mantra at the solar location. The experience will be what it will be, changing from session to session. We do not recreate imagery for our own reasons. That is a distortion of the procedure, and will weigh it down. Visions are fine. Hanging on to them and deliberately incorporating them into our meditation procedure is not. Simplicity is the key.

We pick up the mantra so we will lose it again and again. Likewise, we pick up the mantra at a location so we will lose that again and again. Then we will be cultivating abiding inner silence most effectively. The less mental baggage we carry with us, the better it will work.

The guru is in you.

Go to Top of Page

Ananda

3115 Posts

Posted - Nov 14 2009 :  10:57:48 AM  Show Profile  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
thank you for the feedback.

in gratitude(f)
Go to Top of Page

Anthem

1608 Posts

Posted - Nov 14 2009 :  4:17:14 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Yogani,

I am finding that the solar enhancement is very stabilizing, rock steady as they say am really enjoying the impact on daily living.

An even deeper calm and unexpectedly a floating lightness at times. Am tempted to start trying to lengthen the sitting times again.

Thanks for putting it out there.
Go to Top of Page

cosmic

USA
821 Posts

Posted - Nov 14 2009 :  6:34:42 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by yogani

Yes, as we develop the habit of our meditation procedure, solar centering may naturally find its way into core samyama practice, and it can have stabilizing effects there too. At this time, this is not a formal AYP instruction, but not discouraged either, if it comes naturally.

Thanks for your reply, Yogani. After 20 minutes of DM with the solar enhancement, it actually felt unnatural to stop the enhancement for core samyama. Next session, I will go with it and see what happens

Thanks again!

Peace
cosmic
Go to Top of Page

Victor

USA
910 Posts

Posted - Nov 14 2009 :  7:31:50 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I noticed an interesting change in practice today that relates to the solar enhancement.
After practicing AYP for a couple of years in siddhasana I found that I was more comfortable in my familiar practice of padmasana (the lotus pose) so had resumed practice of pranayama and meditation in lotus posture about a year and a half ago and this has felt very good for my body and nerves. When I added the solar enhancement I noticed that there was a softening in general in my body and relief of tension in the head area but also felt a tightness in the legs that was not going away. Upon experimenting with leg position I came to an interesting discovery.
There appear to be two basic lotus postures and they feel appropriate for different practice. the posture that I had been sitting in is a fairly tight lotus with the feet brought deeply in and back as I had learned from BKS Iyengars book "Light On Pranayama". This variation feels appropriate for pranayama practice while using jalandhara bandha or in the chin pup jalandhara but not for mantra practice. What feels appropriate for my body during mantra meditation practice (and was brought to my awareness by the solar enhancement)is a looser lotus where the knees are more spread and the feet closer to each other and sole of the feet turned upward as often seen in buddhist paintings and statues. I had wondered for some time why so much of the buddhist art was showing a lotus that was by my education not quite correct or advanced and I think that this realization integrates that question. Buddhist practice is primarily about meditation with the head upright and a soft quiet allowing in the body and for this sort of practice I have found that the wider knee lotus to be the right way to sit. Pranayama is a more active practice and the muscles of the pelvis are engaged more and so the legs fit differently. Anyway, just wanted to share this observation.
Go to Top of Page

Victor

USA
910 Posts

Posted - Nov 15 2009 :  3:39:12 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hmm, ok, even a loose lotus feels too binding for meditation practice so now have changed to full lotus Iyengar style for pranayama but a very loose siddhasana for meditation. keeping the feet in line with the midline doesn't work for me, creates too much tension so just letting the feet fall where they will with the knees wide feels good like letting go of grips throughout the body, getting pleasurable wiggles and some sexual feelings which are a bit tricky as I have been bramacharya for almost 5 months now and want to continue. Definitely feels very different dropping the awareness to the solar plexus. Focusing on third eye brings a sort of energy or tension straight up while bringing it to the solar plexus makes me feel like all the knots inside want to soften and let go but has to happen gradually and gently
Go to Top of Page

Ananda

3115 Posts

Posted - Nov 16 2009 :  01:50:46 AM  Show Profile  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
all i can say about this enhancement is that it's very smooth...

concerning the energy, it's coming up to the head as usual but this time instead of just vibrating there and in the crown; it's going down from the head toward the plexus as a waterfall of silence (and from there i can understand Victor's statement about the knots wanting to soften and let go gently) and from down there every 10 scds or so a wave of beautiful blissful ecstasy would rise up to the heart and head again.

oh and another observance is that it feels like we are working on the microcosmic orbit here.

light and love,

Ananda
Go to Top of Page

Yonatan

Israel
849 Posts

Posted - Nov 16 2009 :  10:56:53 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Since I started using this enhancement I started being more "grounded"(?) or more "centered" like I'm very steady.. Tons of openings occur but nothing is overwhelming or takes me out of the center. It's really good. I'm happy.

*thumbs-up*!!!!!

Thanks
Go to Top of Page

yogani

USA
5201 Posts

Posted - Nov 16 2009 :  11:05:14 AM  Show Profile  Visit yogani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi All:

Bravo!

Onward with self-directed practice.

The guru is in you.

Go to Top of Page

Victor

USA
910 Posts

Posted - Nov 18 2009 :  10:35:58 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
OK, oddly enough after some deep releases and body movements the lotus pose now feels comfortable again. Interesting how this works. Seems like a process of following form, then needing to let go of form for the inner changes to happen and then one can return to form but somehow changed. Very interesting....
Go to Top of Page

Jim and His Karma

2111 Posts

Posted - Nov 19 2009 :  12:20:34 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Victor

I had been focusing on that area and to bring the focus down to the solar plexus was really soothing and centering from the first attempt.

Victor, I'm glad to hear you report this. As you may recall, we've discussed on several occasions your focus on ajna during meditation over the years. It's great that this is helping.

My natural tendency is to focus there, as well, but while I'd prefer not to locate my attention (i.e. mantra) at all, when I do notice an increasing pattern of creating a self-reference point in my head area, I've been gently pulling it downward toward my navel.

But the past couple days, I've been experimenting with solar and found it very helpful - especially for grounding (in fact, I need to edit my long grounding posting to recommend it). I'm not sure how long term I'll be using it - again, I'd prefer not to locate a reference point at all - for now it's nicely helping to mop up the last vestiges of the grounding issue I've been working on for so long....
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000