AYPsite.org Forum
 Discussions on AYP Deep Meditation and Samyama
 Eyes staying up for duration of sitting
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Akasha

421 Posts

Posted - Nov 11 2009 :  4:10:26 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Namaste everyone ,

If your eyes want to stay or remain up for the duration of sitting, do you just leave them there after SbP, & riding into DM, doing their thing ?

It does'nt feel so much like an automatic pull, just comfortable.

How might folks feel about that.

I mean during Deep meditation practice( rather than Samayama although feel free to comment on that too, like the whole duration). I think folk ,just for e.g , may have said they're doing kechari during DM.

Edited by - Akasha on Nov 11 2009 4:34:12 PM

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Nov 11 2009 :  4:44:33 PM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I would say that is absolutely fine. If you can stay in sambhavi naturally for the duration of your practice then that is fine.
Yogani covers it in this lesson:
Lesson 190 - Q&A – Sambhavi during meditation?
Go to Top of Page

Akasha

421 Posts

Posted - Nov 11 2009 :  5:22:55 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
That particular lesson was spot on,Shanti.

That clears up any speck of a lack of clarity on my part.

Thank you very much.Very helpful.I think i sometimes forget some of these details like this one especially,& especially if i have'nt practiced for a few days which has been happenning more often here recently due aperceived need to keep an ever-vigilant eye on self-pacing.... that's to say back right off and ground more. I think my strategy is wise enough. I would'nt want to upset the boat.

I know just adding on one more practice can rock the boat, though thankfully not in a back-pedalling way so far here.Regular practice of a stable routine is key for safe journey..

I have encountered that lesson before- i just forget these details now and again.
d==b

Spot on L. As clear as a clean window pane.

Edited by - Akasha on Nov 11 2009 5:54:22 PM
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000