Discussions on AYP Deep Meditation and Samyama
 Tense mouth and jaw problem
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Hari

United Kingdom
7 Posts

Posted - Nov 02 2009 :  12:16:59 PM  Show Profile  Visit Hari's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hi there everyone,

I have noticed that once every few days I go from the asanas into the spinal breathing and meditation with a sense that my jaw is very tense, my tongue swollen and 'in the way'. Usually I tend to get it one or two days running and then it goes away and I'm fine again.

It is uncomfortable, and often keeps me from being able to focus very well. I sit anyway, trying to focus on the breathing first and then move on to the mantra but part of me is focused on my mouth, jaw and head area. I don't get this often, but it's a pain when I do. I used to have a similar sense of my throat being tense, and it was hard to swallow, but this no longer happens anymore, now it's my mouth that is tense.

Does this happen to any of you, and is there anything I can do to stop it?

Thanks, xx

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Nov 02 2009 :  4:15:44 PM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
It happens due to blocks that wont let energy flow through this are. I get it once in a while and like you it goes away on its own.

One thing I have heard is to use the eraser end of a new pencil and massage the points where the upper jaw and lower jaw meet all the way at the back of the mouth.

Maybe this topic will help too: Tight jaw
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000