Discussions on AYP Deep Meditation and Samyama
 The space within the mantra ?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

karl

United Kingdom
1812 Posts

Posted - Oct 24 2009 :  08:18:54 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Something new today during meditation. The mantra suddenly expanded and was no longer simply an object, the mantra appeared as if it was something I was travelling through, something massive and without form and extended without end.

Anyone else experienced that ?

No scenery as such, nothing, no sound, no vision and no sensation just this expansion of awareness which connected somehow.

Kirtanman

USA
1651 Posts

Posted - Oct 24 2009 :  6:02:41 PM  Show Profile  Visit Kirtanman's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by karl

Something new today during meditation. The mantra suddenly expanded and was no longer simply an object, the mantra appeared as if it was something I was travelling through, something massive and without form and extended without end.

Anyone else experienced that ?

No scenery as such, nothing, no sound, no vision and no sensation just this expansion of awareness which connected somehow.

"Yep."

From doing the mantra ....

to the mantra doing you.

It's a known occurrence; quite a few yogis from various traditions have referenced it (in language that's not necessarily identical to what you wrote, but close enough that you can tell they're talking about the same thing.)

I had this happen a few times, a couple of years back (I don't recall the time-frame, exactly) ... and then, as with anything like this (phenomenal) .. it kind of balanced out.

I take/took it as a good sign ... a bit of a dissolving of the rigidity of "self" and "other" (object), I'd say .... which, ultimately, is kind of the only thing going on here (with the "spiritual path", kundalini awakening, yogic progression, "attaining enlightenment" {quote-unquote}, etc., etc., etc. ).

Wholeheartedly,

Kirtanman
Go to Top of Page

flow

Canada
3 Posts

Posted - Oct 24 2009 :  7:54:02 PM  Show Profile  Visit flow's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Yup, I think I have the same experience. It feels as if the mantra switches from being the object to the context. Kind of like getting absorbed into it. I find that narrow, single pointed concentration on the mantra tends to bring it on.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.07 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000