Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Forum FAQ | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 AYPsite.org Forum
 Satsang Cafe - General Discussions on AYP
 Reverse Direction Energy Flow Awakening???
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Arjuna

USA
69 Posts

Posted - Nov 11 2009 :  2:03:20 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
I have been doing 10 minutes SPB and 20 minutes DM for ~3 months, and have started to experience tangible physical sensations within my body. These sensations are not constant, but they appear and disappear sporadically throughout a 24 hour day. What follows is a description:
• The sensations are pleasant, and so far are not uncomfortable in any way.
• I can best describe the sensations as a mild tingling, buzzing, pins & needles phenomena.
• The sensations are localized, and only occur in 2 areas of my physical body.
o Area #1. The crown (Sahasrara)
o Area #2. The dorsal torso area directly behind my heart and lungs.
• The sensation that occurs behind my heart/lung area spreads across the entire upper area of my back.
• I do not feel any sensations along the anterior torso area in front of my heart/lung area.
• Occasionally, I can feel a mild pressure pulsating around my throat/ neck area( I assume this is the Visshudha chakra area.)
• During SBP, I can trace the spinal nerve from heart to brow.
• During SBP, I lose the spinal nerve trace from heart to sex center. However, at the end of each exhalation, I am able to fix my attention to the root (perineum).
• So , it seems I am out of touch with my lower half.

I am curious as to why I seem to be awakening physical sensations along the pathway of my crown to heart, yet I feel absolutely nothing along the pathway of root (perineum) to heart?

I was unable to locate any info at the AYP site that mentioned this type of “top down” energy awakening. From all that I have read, I was under the impression that the awakening process started at the root and proceeded upward to the crown.

I greatly appreciate the forums input on what seems to be my reverse energy flow awakening#61514;

tadeas

Czech Republic
314 Posts

Posted - Nov 11 2009 :  2:49:29 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi,

it seems we're each predisposed differently, we live with different matrix of obstructions in the body/mind. This also determines how the experience unfolds. In the traditional systems, the awakening is usually described from bottom up, but the process is different for everyone.

You seem to be pretty open already, considering what you're feeling after 3 months of practice. It's very good, so remember to self-pace your practices as needed.

It is necessary to be careful with the crown chakra. When it opens ("tingling"), there is a great energetic pull on the whole body. The energy is sort of sucked up there. That is ok to do and happens naturally when there is pretty good all-round purification. But not advisable in your case. More in the lessons: search for premature crown opening and managing crown opening.

If you're stable energy-wise, then later on, if any problems persist, you could use bastrika, targeted bastrika, nauli and navi kriya (described in the lessons) to focus more specifically on that area.

But everything in it's own time. Let it unfold and don't put attention on the crown.

Take care :)
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000