Kundalini - AYP Practice-Related
 Ida, Pingala and Kundalini Awakening
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

krcqimpro1

India
329 Posts

Posted - Nov 09 2009 :  12:35:05 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Yogani, reading some of the posts I am begining to understand that, before K starts up the sushumna, the ida and pingala must "balance", indicated by both the nostrils flowing easily all the time. Is this understading right? If this is right, then I seem to have missed reading about this in any of your lessons. Would be grateful if you could tell me where I can find this in your lessons. If this is true, it also probably explains why, despite regularly practicing all practices as recommended in AYP for over 18 mths.( twice daily), I don't see any energy movements or K rising. Would be grateful for your response.
Krish

yogani

USA
5201 Posts

Posted - Nov 09 2009 :  2:13:32 PM  Show Profile  Visit yogani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Krish:

In AYP, balancing the side nadis (ida and pingala) is regarded more as effect than cause with the all-encompassing practices we are using -- deep meditation and spinal breathing pranayama especially.

Focusing on managing particular energy relationships in the neurobiology is not much a part of AYP. We do it in big (global) ways that cultivate natural awakening.

Ecstatic conductivity will come when it is time. With the cultivation of abiding inner silence, it too is effect.

The more important measurement of your practice is in how you are feeling in everyday activity. Is there more peace, happiness, productivity, inclination to inquire and serve others? These are far more important indicators than energy symptoms. The symptoms of energy movement are only signs of friction (from remaining obstructions), after all. When the obstructions become much less, there is just unending happiness and outpouring divine love, no matter what may be happening around us in the temporal world.

The guru is in you.

Go to Top of Page

krcqimpro1

India
329 Posts

Posted - Nov 09 2009 :  9:56:18 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for the response, Yogani.I have not seen any noticeable difference in "happiness", peace, etc. Inclination to serve others has always been there, and continues. I suppose I shall have to look keenly for signs of change in these aspects. Since I live alone, there is no one to notice any changes and tell me.However, I have taken this "spiritual" project as the last and most important project of my life and am applying myself diligently. I am certain the results will come.

Krish
Go to Top of Page

yogani

USA
5201 Posts

Posted - Nov 09 2009 :  10:08:00 PM  Show Profile  Visit yogani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by krcqimpro1

Thanks for the response, Yogani.I have not seen any noticeable difference in "happiness", peace, etc. Inclination to serve others has always been there, and continues. I suppose I shall have to look keenly for signs of change in these aspects. Since I live alone, there is no one to notice any changes and tell me.However, I have taken this "spiritual" project as the last and most important project of my life and am applying myself diligently. I am certain the results will come.

Krish

Hi Krish:

Have you reviewed Lessons 365, 366 and 367? 366 in particular to address possible under-sensitivity issues.

And there is more on the way!

The guru is in you.

Go to Top of Page

krcqimpro1

India
329 Posts

Posted - Nov 10 2009 :  08:16:49 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Yes Yogani, I have.And I can safely conclude I am now past the clunky stage. I have added on to DM SBP, Dynamic Jalandhara, S Bhastrika P,and YMK,Samyama & Cosmic Samyama, in the order prescribed, after the initial exercises, including Maha Mudra and an attempt at Nauli.
Re. your earlier response, I would still like to be clear if (irrespective of whether "balancing nadis is considered a cause or effect in AYP) the nadis have to become balanced before ecstatic conductivity can begin to rise through the sushumna. The reason why I am asking this is : for as long as I can remember before starting AYP, one of my nostrils used to be blocked all the time (alternately). However, probably due to the intensity and regularity of practice, I notice that both nostrils are clear most of the time now.
Krish

Edited by - krcqimpro1 on Nov 10 2009 12:10:26 PM
Go to Top of Page

yogani

USA
5201 Posts

Posted - Nov 10 2009 :  10:35:06 AM  Show Profile  Visit yogani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:

The reason why I am asking this is : for as long as I can remember before starting AYP, one of my nostrils used to be blocked all the time (alternately). However, probably due to the intensity and regularity of practice, I notice that both nostrils are clear most of the time now.

Hi Krish:

It sounds like a good sign, a symptom of balance. An effect.
Not that we should be monitoring our nostrils all the time, or anything else. Just practice and go out and live fully. That is the ticket.

The thing about enlightenment is that it is not something we can acquire or manage. It is something that happens as we let go in stillness as we keep doing. In active surrender mode, it is something we are constantly giving away.

Letting go does not mean we drop our practices or our activities. In fact, we may be doing more of both as the flow of bhakti and divine love increase. It gradually becomes less about our doing (even while doing) and more about our surrender to the process occurring within and through us.

So, perhaps release a bit on wanting a particular outcome, and let go more into the doing. It is a paradox ... a complete loss of control is the gaining of everything. This is where our practices are leading. It is okay to relax with it. Let it go and enjoy...

The guru is in you.

PS: Don't forget to self-pace as necessary.

Go to Top of Page

Holy

796 Posts

Posted - Nov 10 2009 :  11:00:50 AM  Show Profile  Visit Holy's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
@Krish #1

AYP directly goes to the core, easy and applicable in everyday living with very good results over the longterm. When I first started some years ago solely with AYP, after about 3/4 of a year immense openings to inner silene occured randomly over the day. These days both nostrils very open constantly. I got so afraid of this deep silence openings ( back then =)), that I stopped AYP for some weeks. Things settled down, also noth nostrils wern't fully open anymore. So AYP works too. This is for sure.

You can take this nostril-hint and see if it is true or just blabla. Not to do something with or about it directly, just for reckognition. If moments of nonduality are somehow linked to stable free open nostrils, you know that some folks in the himalaya were good watchers =)

@Krish #2

you already do quite a lot stuff. If extatic conductivity didn't rise so far, it surely will. You can't do so much bhastrika and kumbhakka without getting the results over the months.

Though a tip would be, for me extatic conductivity is also highly linked to mula bandha and asvini mudra. Pulling the perineum up and relaxing it again. It can be added to SBP while inhaling pulling up and while exhaling letting down. And later on, siddhasana does a lot of extatic stimulation too. According to Yogani kechari mudra stage 2 is the next one. I can't speak of the last one, but the first ones surely start doing their magic after some weeks to months for me.

Go to Top of Page

krcqimpro1

India
329 Posts

Posted - Nov 10 2009 :  12:06:41 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Yogani & Holy,
Thanks. It has to be an effect of the practices ! I am unable to doubt that. But my question still is: in all cases of K rising through the sushumna, is the balance of nadis a pre-requisite. It does appear to be so, from all the posts I have read. Since you(Yogani) are far more knowledgeable in this domain, I was just seeking your confirmation(or otherwise) of this.Like you suggest, I have also released a lot on outcomes, convinced that it has to happen.
Thanks Holy. I do use a makeshift Siddhasana,( one heel pressing against the perineum and the other lower leg just lying next to the first, not over the first) and use moolabandha/ashwini mudra during SBP.I am also working on elongating my tongue, using Lahiri Mahashaya's non-frenum-cutting method, before attempting stage 2 Kechari. But I use stage 1 kechari now.
Go to Top of Page

yogani

USA
5201 Posts

Posted - Nov 10 2009 :  12:51:04 PM  Show Profile  Visit yogani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:

But my question still is: in all cases of K rising through the sushumna, is the balance of nadis a pre-requisite. It does appear to be so, from all the posts I have read.

Hi Krish:

My experience has been that, like most things in life, it is not all or none. It is a matter of degrees. Progress depends on a willingness to proceed on that basis without a guarantee of the perfect awakening.

Kundalini can be active to one degree or other whether ida and pingala are balanced or not. On one extreme, kundalini can be much more in one of the side channels than sushumna -- the case of Gopi Krishna (a pingala imbalance) is a notable example. On the other extreme, there can be perfect balance between ida and pingala and it is all seamlessly flowing in the sushumna. The vast majority of kundalini awakenings fall somewhere in-between, with things gradually finding balance over time in relation to our activities in life. No one starts with a perfectly balanced kundalini awakening. At least I am not aware of it. Rather, it evolves gradually from wherever it starts, as we integrate our inner developments into our outer life.

So when a teacher says, you must balance your ida and pingala before raising kundalini, or you must do it in order to raise kundalini, they are talking about an idealized path that does not exist. It simply doesn't work like that.

First of all, we cannot manually manage the minute details of our inner energies. If anyone ever tells you they can do that for you, run! Second of all, we do not decide when kundalini will become active. When it is ready to happen, it happens, ida and pingala fully balanced or not.

What we can do is attend to the overall purification and opening of the inner neurobiology from the deepest levels within us in a balanced way, which will facilitate all of these things to occur naturally over time. In this case, the degree of overall purification, opening and balance in the nervous system (including ida and pingala) will be sufficient to support a progressive and safe kundalini awakening.

Here is a lesson that discusses ida and pingala from the AYP point of view -- more about their role in the natural emergence of ecstatic radiance than about trying to manage them. Ida and pingala play a key role in manifesting the fruit (effects) of the natural evolutionary process that we call human spiritual transformation.

The guru is in you.

Go to Top of Page

AYPforum

351 Posts

Posted - Nov 10 2009 :  1:17:07 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Moderator note: Topic moved for better placement

This topic has been split from here: http://www.aypsite.org/forum/topic....OPIC_ID=6639
Go to Top of Page

Holy

796 Posts

Posted - Nov 10 2009 :  2:04:24 PM  Show Profile  Visit Holy's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Good idea =) Thanks for the link to the lesson Yogani. I completely forgot all those lessons. After some years only the main stuff remains somehow ^^ And these are the techniques themselves.

Very nice explanation, pushes bhakti even more =)
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.08 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000