Latest lessons 366-367
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

emc

2072 Posts

Posted - Nov 29 2009 :  02:14:32 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
That was an intersting angle, T_I. No, never been hypnotized.

I simply thought it was stillness in action, but with a stubborn mind still hanging in there...

You will never be able to convince me that the mind is my real self... The personal mind who thinks it is in control is the illusion, no?
Go to Top of Page

Tibetan_Ice

Canada
758 Posts

Posted - Dec 01 2009 :  11:00:57 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by emc
The personal mind who thinks it is in control is the illusion, no?

Hi emc :)
The whole universe is the illusion, maya.
There are many parts to us: Mind, body, will, intent, attention, spirit, soul, atman.
Part of our quest is to master these and realize our true nature.
I truly believe that we are children of the light and if we return to the light all will unfold as it should.
Here is a link that describes a wholistic approach to enlightenment and self-realization, because it explains the roles of willpower, attention and practice very clearly.

Right now, I believe it is the best description of why one should strive to master one's self and go into the light (not the darkness). I really wish I could have read this when I was a kid:

http://www.himalayanacademy.com/res...s_ch-47.html

A person should read the whole chapter. But here is the most enlightening part:
From "Merging With Siva" (link above)
quote:

Sunday
LESSON 329
To the Depths Of Your Being

In your constant striving to control that mind,your soul comes into action as a manifestation of will, and you quiet more and more of that mind and enter into a deeper state of contemplation where you see a scintillating light more radiant than the sun, and as it bursts within you, you begin to know that you are the cause of that light which you apparently see. And in that knowing, you cling to it as a drowning man clings to a stick of wood floating upon the ocean. You cling to it and the will grows stronger; the mind becomes calm through your understanding of experience and how experience has become created. As your mind releases its hold on you of its desires and cravings, you dive deeper, fearlessly, into the center of this blazing avalanche of light, losing your consciousness in That which is beyond consciousness.

And as you come back into the mind, you not only see the mind for what it is; you see the mind for what it isn't. You are free, and you find men and women bound, and what you find you are not attached to, because binder and the bound are one. You become the path. You become the way. You are the light. And as you watch souls unfold, some choose the path of the Spirit; some choose the path of the mind. As you watch and wonder, your wondering is in itself a contemplation of the universe, and on the brink of the Absolute you look into the mind, and one tiny atom magnifies itself greater than the entire universe, and you see, at a glance, evolution from beginning to end, inside and outside, in that one small atom.

Again, as you leave external form and dive into that light which you become, you realize beyond realization a knowing deeper than thinking, a knowing deeper than understanding, a knowing which is the very, very depth of your being. You realize immortality, that you are immortal -- this body but a shell, when it fades; this mind but an encasement, when it fades. Even in their fading there is no reality.

And as you come out of that samadhi, you realize you are the spirit, you become that spirit, you actually are that spirit, consciously, if you could say spirit has a consciousness. You are that spirit in every living soul. You realize you are That which everyone, in their intelligent state or their ignorant state, everyone, is striving for -- a realization of that spirit that you are.

And then again for brief interludes you might come into the conscious mind and relate life to a past and a future and tarry there but for a while. But in a moment of concentration, your eye resting on a single line of a scripture or anything that holds the interest of the mind, the illusion of past and future fades, and again you become that light, that life deep within every living form -- timeless, causeless, spaceless.

Then we say, "Why, why, after having realized the Self do you hold a form, do you hold a consciousness of mind? Why?" The answer is but simple and complete: you do not; of yourself you do not. But every promise made must have its fulfillment, and promises to close devotees and the desire that they hold for realization of their true being hold this form, this mind, in a lower conscious state. Were the devotees and disciples to release their desires for realization but for one minute, their satguru would be no more. Once having realized the Self, you are free of time, cause and change.

Is your kundalini tingling now?
:)
TI
Go to Top of Page

emc

2072 Posts

Posted - Dec 03 2009 :  01:46:31 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I've tried now not to meditate at all for a couple of days. Shakti is going haywire. Seems I'm more in balance with keeping the meditation after all. Or it is the influence of the fullmoon, I don't know. Should I wait until the fullmoon is over and evaluate "no meditation" for a while longer?

Otherwise, what would be the minimum amount and best method of keeping meditation practices without it being totally in vain and still getting some effect?

3-5 min breathing meditation lying down, only once a day, and plenty of rest afterwards? Would that be an alternative?

Edited by - emc on Dec 03 2009 02:29:54 AM
Go to Top of Page

Katrine

Norway
1813 Posts

Posted - Dec 04 2009 :  05:58:45 AM  Show Profile  Visit Katrine's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi emc

Whenever I had trouble like that I would do 2 breaths of Pranayama (to set the route between root and brow) and then 5 minutes of Deep Meditation. Then rest for 15 minutes while lying down.

But just as important was the walking. I'd walk for 2 hours every day...and also keeping active in other ways.

Deep Meditation is always essential....because even though we are in overload from too much Shakti.....and even though DM can stimulate that....it is also DM that soothes it. The silence balances shakti. So here...those 5 minutes were essential......

Anyway.....never had many involuntary movements...so maybe it is different for you.

A Norwegian krone and half of a Euro
Go to Top of Page

emc

2072 Posts

Posted - Dec 04 2009 :  07:34:24 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Katrine, I think you hit the nail about the walking... I have very little time to walk nowadays. Just don't know where to fit that into the schedule. I guess I will have to start to take walks with the horse instead of riding it, at least one or two days/week. And use every spared minute to walk... Riding does not have the same grounding effect as walking, I'm afraid.

It's very, very soothing to meditate. I just have to keep it up. Everytime I go in there's this huge carressing "welcome". I just have to beware and keep it to a minimum - whatever that is...

Thanks for your response, Katrine!
Go to Top of Page

atena

113 Posts

Posted - Dec 07 2009 :  05:30:25 AM  Show Profile  Visit atena's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
After 5 months close to nonstop purification from deep meditation it finally chose to stop

Edited by - atena on Dec 07 2009 05:47:17 AM
Go to Top of Page

emc

2072 Posts

Posted - Dec 07 2009 :  06:24:09 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
atena - did you keep up practices of any type during those 5 months? I'm glad to hear they stopped. How are you now?
Go to Top of Page

atena

113 Posts

Posted - Dec 07 2009 :  10:21:32 AM  Show Profile  Visit atena's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I'm feeling pretty ok. Takes probably couple of days to settle into these new changes/energies, put things to new perspective, etc. Feeling socially a bit more vulnerable, smiling and getting amused quite easily

Didn't have any particular practice routine, but did some drumming and a bit of qigong when I felt my energies needed that, and at times kept doing some careful experimenting. No magic tricks, but in the last 3 weeks or so found one qigong movement quite helpful.
Btw, had also a sh*tload of energies running at the full moon, but later after I grounded myself it was better

Edited by - atena on Dec 07 2009 10:43:58 AM
Go to Top of Page

YogaIsLife

641 Posts

Posted - Dec 07 2009 :  10:44:36 AM  Show Profile  Visit YogaIsLife's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Btw, had also a sh*tload of energies running at the full moon, but later after I grounded myself it was better

Me too!
Go to Top of Page

emc

2072 Posts

Posted - Dec 07 2009 :  1:28:34 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Yes, the fullmoons are crazy nowadays. Extremely powerful. The moon's task is to stir up all the human emotions and patterns - it's doing it's best!

It seems I'm better off keeping some breathing meditation after all... But it's also really powerful. The days are filled with more and more experiences of space and the third eye is pulsing... but it eases the energies from the root chakra. Phew, phew...

"Jag harvar på", as we say in Sweden. Don't know what would be a good translation... "I harrow on" - means you're walking and working, and it feels like it's in the same track forever...
Go to Top of Page

emc

2072 Posts

Posted - Dec 10 2009 :  11:39:13 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
emc wrote I have understood that energy is friction and that Shakti will come in and do her job. I thought this friction actually would clean the system and facilitate stillness to take over more and more. Now I understand these energetics and Shakti cleansings can go on forever - we don't necessarily become cleaner just by default.

Is this true?

Is it so that one can get "stuck" at this energy level and have energetic purification experiences year after year and still getting nowhere deeper or cleaner?

I'd say it was better before awakening to the spiritual journey, then... than being stuck in this soup...

Particularly since it's not only "my" cleansings going on... Is there any way of "shielding off" the unity with others? Adyashanti says somewhere it's almost bad ethics tuning in to others and sort of "be what they are" just because we're able to. But how do I stop doing that? I don't have the stability or strength to go into collective pain bodies and yet I find that happening a lot... Yogani has encouraged me many times, and reminded me of the fact that it's not only my stuff happening here, but that I pick up from the shared collective, the financial crises even, and the anxiety around the world...

Being stuck in this without enough stillness is worse than being without spiritual understanding from the start...

Edited by - emc on Dec 10 2009 11:46:24 AM
Go to Top of Page

yogani

USA
5201 Posts

Posted - Dec 10 2009 :  11:59:02 AM  Show Profile  Visit yogani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi emc:

The answer is at the end of your question. It is stillness that enables the purification process to advance. Without abiding inner silence, it really isn't purification. It is just energy running around, and that can keep on for a long time.

The key is to keep cultivating abiding inner silence. That is what enables all the rest to happen, including becoming an untouched witness to it. Then as the "friction" becomes less, the energy is transformed gradually into ecstatic bliss, and beyond ... stillness in action.

The guru is in you.

Go to Top of Page

emc

2072 Posts

Posted - Dec 10 2009 :  3:56:34 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I must have been Hitler to deserve this karmic revenge...

Thanks Yogani.
Go to Top of Page

yogani

USA
5201 Posts

Posted - Dec 11 2009 :  11:12:57 AM  Show Profile  Visit yogani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi emc:

There will be ups and there will be downs. No one is exempt. We can dance through them both, for in truth (stillness) we are neither. Remember that the next time you are up, and it will soften the down.

The guru is in you.

Go to Top of Page

emc

2072 Posts

Posted - Dec 11 2009 :  1:31:45 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
There's only one pair of foot steps in the sand right now, and they gotta be yours, Yogani!
Go to Top of Page

Lacinato

USA
98 Posts

Posted - Dec 12 2009 :  01:12:13 AM  Show Profile  Visit Lacinato's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I've been following this thread and it's very informative. Thanks for keeping all this discussion out here. I too have been having my share of overly sensitive issues, so this is good to read.
Go to Top of Page

innercall

Canada
66 Posts

Posted - Dec 13 2009 :  9:35:42 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi atena,

I have been through a lot of overload lately myself and I was curious to know how you adjusted your practices and if you have been able to keep AYP practices on your daily routine.

Thanks
Go to Top of Page

Tibetan_Ice

Canada
758 Posts

Posted - Dec 15 2009 :  11:14:18 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi emc :)
Have you ever heard of Mellen Thomas Benedict? He has a fantastic story to tell about how he died and found he could communicate with the light. He even describes the void and his miraculous cancer cure.

Here is the link:
http://www.mellen-thomas.com/stories.htm

I'm pointing this out to you because I think it will give you a different perspective on heading for the light instead of the darkness.. Thought you might enjoy it.

Oh, I just found an interview with him on Google. Here is the link:
http://video.google.com/videoplay?d...78105593532#

:)
TI

Edited by - Tibetan_Ice on Dec 15 2009 11:48:37 PM
Go to Top of Page

Rael

USA
173 Posts

Posted - Dec 24 2009 :  03:42:43 AM  Show Profile  Visit Rael's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I just LOVE this site!
Go to Top of Page

atena

113 Posts

Posted - Feb 23 2010 :  09:00:52 AM  Show Profile  Visit atena's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Anyone here still being over on the sensitivity scale benefiting from watching the breath meditation? Can't do mantra meditation ATM so I'm seeking alternatives.

Edited by - atena on Feb 23 2010 09:32:55 AM
Go to Top of Page

miguel

Spain
1197 Posts

Posted - Feb 23 2010 :  2:34:40 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Atena,

Im sticking with breath meditation since octuber.Seems to be the perfect practice here and the nenefits are many.
Its a powerful tool and cultivates lot of inner silence.

Edited by - miguel on Feb 23 2010 2:35:03 PM
Go to Top of Page

emc

2072 Posts

Posted - Feb 23 2010 :  5:28:29 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Also keeping up the breath meditation. It works fine! I can now sit 10-15 minutes in meditation and to be honest, I have experimented a bit and found a special version that seems to work even better. I start off with one I AM, and let that sink in and then I only follow the breath. It works fine and sets me in a deep, often breathless, mode from the start. No overload symptoms. Plenty of rest lying down afterwards.
Go to Top of Page

cosmic

USA
821 Posts

Posted - Feb 24 2010 :  12:02:13 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I'm happy things are smoothing out for you, emc

Hope all is well.

With Love
cosmic
Go to Top of Page

markern

Norway
171 Posts

Posted - Mar 01 2010 :  1:04:14 PM  Show Profile  Visit markern's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by emc

Yes, the fullmoons are crazy nowadays. Extremely powerful. The moon's task is to stir up all the human emotions and patterns - it's doing it's best!

It seems I'm better off keeping some breathing meditation after all... But it's also really powerful. The days are filled with more and more experiences of space and the third eye is pulsing... but it eases the energies from the root chakra. Phew, phew...

"Jag harvar på", as we say in Sweden. Don't know what would be a good translation... "I harrow on" - means you're walking and working, and it feels like it's in the same track forever...

I would suggest doing belly breathing rather than observing the breath. When the breath is gently guided to be deep in the belly it is more grounding than when it is allowed to follow its own patterns as it pleases. If it is allowed to do what it wants it can sometimes be up in the chest sometimes around the solar plexus sometimes deep in the belly etc. As a grounding method that still cultivates some inner silence guided belly breathing is better.

Go to Top of Page

atena

113 Posts

Posted - Apr 08 2010 :  3:45:16 PM  Show Profile  Visit atena's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Been doing the breath meditation for couple of days with modest practice times. So far I love it! (thanks Yogani for sharing!)

Has very different energetic effect than with dm. I think I've found my favorite practice
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000