New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

christiane

Lebanon
319 Posts

Posted - Nov 16 2009 :  11:59:53 PM  Show Profile  Visit christiane's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply

Each one of us has a role here ..
The Scammer and the Surfer :)
So thank you surfers and thank you scammer!
We are all mirrors to eachother.

Love

Go to Top of Page

gumpi

United Kingdom
546 Posts

Posted - Nov 17 2009 :  05:16:39 AM  Show Profile  Visit gumpi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
emc, there are certain things i am sceptical of and other things i am not. Also, i was just asking you questions. There are two types of sceptic. The genuine sceptic, who witholds judgement until the data arrives, and the cynical sceptic, who refuses to believe with or without data. I'm sorry if you perceived cynicism in my post because i am not that type of sceptic.

I do find it strange that you don't want to engage my questions. You are under no obligation to, but do you think other people might benefit from understanding what is happening to you?

About the automatic yoga movements, i can understand some of them, like mudras. My understanding, based on what people on AYP have said is that these spontaneous movements are under their control. That is, if they want to they can stop them from happening. When you decribe doing yoga postures automatically it sounds like you are not in control and can't stop them. Is that right?

I am just sincerely trying to understand what is happening to people when they say they experience this or that from yoga practices.
Go to Top of Page

emc

2072 Posts

Posted - Nov 17 2009 :  4:05:10 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Sorry, gumpi, it gets too repetitive. Please, use the search engine, type "automatic movements" and member "emc" and you will find what I have to say on that subject.

Change key word if you are interested in anything else I've said on any other topic, like low metabolism etc.

There's nothing new going on here. It's all going in cycles.

About tantra - for me, it's not about getting sex. I'm seldom physical at all when I fall into a tantric union. It's not necessary.

Edited by - emc on Nov 17 2009 4:55:58 PM
Go to Top of Page

Tibetan_Ice

Canada
758 Posts

Posted - Nov 20 2009 :  4:13:37 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by gumpi

About the automatic yoga movements, i can understand some of them, like mudras. My understanding, based on what people on AYP have said is that these spontaneous movements are under their control. That is, if they want to they can stop them from happening. When you decribe doing yoga postures automatically it sounds like you are not in control and can't stop them. Is that right?

I am just sincerely trying to understand what is happening to people when they say they experience this or that from yoga practices.

Hi Gumpi :)
If you are interested in automatic or spontaneous movements, try this link:
http://www.thetaobums.com/Shaking-P...i-t5341.html

Of particular interest is this quote about Subud:
quote:

It is rather roughly regarded as tuning-in with, re-harmonising, receiving from or opening-up to your subconscious, inner, finer or divine being, depending on interpretation. Many practitioners claim it is beneficial, although apparently it does not affect some at all, and might affect some detrimentally. Moreover, the claimed benefits are described in a range of ways. It comes from Java where, according to research, forms of it have existed for centuries. Like a great many practices, latihan seems to induce a different state of being from which to see life differently. During or after such experiences, personal insight or transformation might take place, perhaps leading to a useful new orientation or composure, conditional on the individual. The practice entails patience and trust, with a preliminary relaxation and dissociation of thoughts and feelings. It is spontaneous with no teacher or method, unstructured except for the basic rules of group practice, and involves the whole human being; not just the body, emotions, mind or any other single facet. Outwardly, it often manifests as movements and vocal activity that can vary greatly. While the latihan may be practiced individually, the Subud association organizes regular practice in a group setting. Latihan is apparently 'transmitted' simply via the presence of other people practising it. It is practiced in private, often in gender segregated rooms.

:)
TI
Go to Top of Page

emc

2072 Posts

Posted - Nov 20 2009 :  4:45:50 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply

Ok, so back to the topic:

I'm now, since the first posting, only doing 10 min breathing meditation twice daily and resting afterwards.

The MAJOR calming reduction was perceived not to be spinal breathing but kechari!!! I can cope pretty fine with spinal breathing per se, but kechari step one is too much - it opens the crown directly. But to be on the safe side I have dropped SB as well. Another thing working very well is to lie down during the resting period. I did that occasionally before, now I do it every time, and then the resting time gets shorter and it snaps off more clearly when it's done, so I never have to wonder if I've rested long enough - it's obvious when it's finished.

The meditations quickly went back to be a bathing in honey experience, and with greater ease it's possible to dive into the blackness again. The life outside practices is settling itself - I smile all day long, have the joy bubbling again and have more energy to serve others. What has also come back immediately, though, are the automatic movements...

I have no idea if this is a "welcome back"-gift which is soon to be taken away again, or if it's a more permanent phase. We'll see. I just wanted to say THANK you for the suggestions and feedback on how to adjust the length of meditation. Does it really say somewhere in the earlier lessons that it's preferable to step back on the mantra IN ORDER to be able to lengthen the time instead, which is more crucial??? I must have missed it totally!

To satisfy gumpi a bit, I can tell you a story of the latest news on the automatic movements. I have always had the sense that it's consciousness animating this body, bypassing the mind, just taking over. I've jokingly said "I sometimes wonder if there's someone else taking me over", as if I would be possessed by an entity. I've never really believed that. So a while ago, I was having dinner with a friend and arms started to fly. We talked about it, and he said he would never dare to let go and be taken over like that. I said it felt like I have no choice. Then he turns to look at my side, and he says he can see someone there, and he gets the message from that someone: "This being says he is forever grateful for the sacrifice you are doing by letting him work through you." and he got so touched by the love from the being, that he cried when he gave me the message.

I was pretty astonished. I've never sensed it's a certain being of any type... it felt very new-age'y and I wondered what that was all about. So I asked in the next meditation "If there's a being doing these movements - please present yourself." And what came was a vision of... Jesus. Hahaha! So Jesus can show himself to someone who needs to see him as a being, or it can be the "christ consciousness" which is no less than the stillness we talk about here in AYP. No difference as far as I'm concerned.

But it does explain why I have had these great revelations during the journey with those movements, of what it must have been like for Jesus to be scorned for standing up for his Truth.

So, going deeper into silence again... brings silence to action, it seems! What shall I say? I just go along with the mystery... And I let the arms and hands beam whenever they like, and I see the people and animals around me get lighter as they receive. And I smile. And I have the joy sprinkling all over and my feet are dancing.

Edit: Oh, and also, it has been a review of many earlier realizations coming alive again - clarity is raining down, re-cognized, during these latest days. I think that's what's mostly bringing the involuntary silly smiling.
Go to Top of Page

Tibetan_Ice

Canada
758 Posts

Posted - Nov 20 2009 :  6:20:26 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by emc
The meditations quickly went back to be a bathing in honey experience, and with greater ease it's possible to dive into the blackness again.

Hi emc :)
I have two questions, if you don't mind.

1) What was Jesus wearing? I have many tingles from reading your recount of your experience. I'm curious if he has wearing his brown robe with the rope belt or the red and white silk robes.

2) Why do you dive into the blackness? Do you ever see any lights/stars/ball of light? If so, have you ever tried diving into the light instead?

TI
Go to Top of Page

Yonatan

Israel
849 Posts

Posted - Nov 20 2009 :  7:00:18 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
That's really beautiful emc. Thanks
Go to Top of Page

Parallax

USA
348 Posts

Posted - Nov 20 2009 :  8:47:57 PM  Show Profile  Visit Parallax's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
emc,

Soooo, sooo happy to hear to hear that things are starting to smooth out for you Makes my heart happy

Much love to you
Go to Top of Page

emc

2072 Posts

Posted - Nov 21 2009 :  02:25:26 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi T_I,

1) Haven't got a clue. Didn't notice that.

2) I seldom see bright light in meditations. I can go out in a star space sometimes, but mostly it just goes towards blackness when it goes deep, being sucked in, through the pupil of the "eye", behind the "screen" where light and colours dance. It's litterally perceived like a border between form and non-form. And beyond form - there is no light or energy of any type.

I do have a question though, of what that starry space is representing. Anyone know or have read anything about that particular space?

Yonatan and Parallax, Thank you!!!

Edited by - emc on Nov 21 2009 03:24:33 AM
Go to Top of Page

Christi

United Kingdom
4429 Posts

Posted - Nov 21 2009 :  07:02:27 AM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi emc,

quote:
Does it really say somewhere in the earlier lessons that it's preferable to step back on the mantra IN ORDER to be able to lengthen the time instead, which is more crucial??? I must have missed it totally!

Are you reffering to stepping back on the mantra enhancements in order to be able to lengthen meditation time? If you are then this is my understanding of how self-pacing works:

First someone would become stable in meditation with the first mantra before adding any enhancements. Then, when that person feels ready to take on an additional enhancement, and they have been stable for months or years with their ongoing mantra, they can add a mantra enhancement. If the enhancement brings about symptoms of energy overload which are uncomfortable, then they would go back to the previous mantra without enhancement but keeping the time the same.

The same goes for all additional practices added, so if we have a lot of practices going, and are experiencing energetic overload then we would cut back on the practices until we reach a stable level. So if yoni mudra kumbaka was the last practice added, and the person is experiencing energy problems, then they would drop that practice. If the problems continue, then drop the practice which was added before that (say siddhasana, or mulabhanda for example). So reducing meditation time would be a last resort after dropping all additional practices. The only exception I can see to this from Yogani's writings is that it is sometimes helpful to keep spinal breathing going. So it can help to reduce meditation time and keep a few minutes (or even just a few breaths) of spinal breathing going as well.

I am surprised that you were still practicing kechari with the problems that you have described. Yogani mentions in lesson 108 that it is one of the most advanced yogic practices on the planet. So it's no wonder you have been having problems!

I am glad to hear you are having some success with breathing meditation, it has been an incredible support for me over the years. I think I mentioned in another thread that because of breathing meditation I have never had to self pace my AYP practice to zero. Or you could say that when I have had to self-pace my AYP practices to zero, I could at least continue meditatiing.

Wishing you all the best,

Christi
Go to Top of Page

miguel

Spain
1197 Posts

Posted - Nov 21 2009 :  07:06:43 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi all,

emc,breath meditation sounds great. Its a powerful tool and the daily practice here also.Very very useful.

There are LOT of energy in the air this last days.This week has been really powerful week.At least here,the energy levels around have increased very very much.I have been doing only 10 mtes once a day!
Some days i have had powerfull deep meditations full of golden light inside (more than ever before!) and some "spiritual dreams" also.Its the first time since i began with ayp that i see this golden light inside.It happened to me in kriya yoga days and is good to see it happening again.This light is very special here and it means things are going fine!

During the day im doing byron katies work and it is a wonderful tool (great tool for sensitive people!!).Its changing all,step by step.Its wonderful how 4 questions and inversions open your self to the eternal now.Many glimpses of it and purification while doing it.I highly recomend it altought its very well known between ayp friends!).I think i have found a great tool for the focus and use of my intense bhakti.I love it.Its helping me to think less about meditation,spiritual tools,experiences...and focus my self in the real final point: the now and the eternal self around.And doing thwe work increases my energy levels and motivation in life a lot!
Its an amazing spiritual practice (self inquiry).

"Enlightenment" is already here,we dont need to find it or look for it or think about it,it always was/is/will be here!in the eyes of our loved ones! in the trees,mountains and wind!in the sky and the birds flying!in the sea!in our individual living temple!
life is a present!!!

Edited by - miguel on Nov 21 2009 07:33:59 AM
Go to Top of Page

emc

2072 Posts

Posted - Nov 21 2009 :  2:26:42 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Christi,

It's probably very true, what you write, and I feel a bit silly here. But honestly, having followed the discussions in forum for several years, I must have more registered the exception of SB, and the suggestions on decreasing time of SB and DM, stressing keeping the proportions - not stressing keeping a reasonable time for DM. For example, to self-pace by going from 5-10 min SB and 20 min DM to 3-5 min SB and 15 min DM, rather than taking away SB totally. It was really quite new to me to hear that also SB should be taken away totally! I must not have paid enough attention!

Kechari, I think the tounge was there since the start by default (read automatic movements). I guess that's why it never occurred to me that I even could take it away, and now it was taken away in the same way - it just moved and placed itself behind the teeth instead, the Chinese way. That's when I noticed the difference!

miguel, I know the golden light. It's very beautiful! You're right - a lot of energies in the air at the moment!

And you are right about The Work of Byron Katie. As I mentioned in a post above, I'm nowadays forced to use it a lot more than before, and it's mostly the method that best saves me from disaster.

Go to Top of Page

miguel

Spain
1197 Posts

Posted - Nov 21 2009 :  3:00:24 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Byron katie is great.Some days ago i was really overwelmed by mental anxiety and pain,you know,those phases of strong purification in the path...
And the extreme suffering lead me to byron katie after three days of pain.. (i bought the book 1 month ago,spanish translation...)
And...wow...the pain dissapered after doing it for one hour.It left me with a very plesant feeling of deep relax and peace.
Its really amazing...cz it was a really deep pain and dissapered in a moment after two days in hell...
Now i feel love for that wich caused that pain,comprension...
Its helping me with friends for example and many things.
I have created and work sheet paper and i have clasified tjhe different aspects of life that creates suffering.Is very important to use a paper and a pen,cz the mind doesnt like doing the work very much.

This is my experience with this tool. We can manage the obstacles in the path using the four questions and inversions.

Thanks katie!

ps-now im increasing to breath twice a day again.Great things are going to happen this next days and weeks.I clearly feel it.

Edited by - miguel on Nov 21 2009 3:12:29 PM
Go to Top of Page

Tibetan_Ice

Canada
758 Posts

Posted - Nov 22 2009 :  01:21:27 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you for your responses. :)

quote:
Originally posted by emc
I do have a question though, of what that starry space is representing. Anyone know or have read anything about that particular space?

Here is part of Adyshanti's awakening (or shift to unity consciousness) as quoted from his "End of Your World" book:
quote:

I will try to explain what happened experientially. At the moment of awakening, it was as though I was completely outside who I thought I was. There was a vast, vast, vast emptiness. In that vast emptiness, in that infinite emptiness, there was the smallest, smallest, smallest point of light you could imagine. And that smallest point of light was a thought, just floating out there. And the thought was: "I." And when I turned and looked at the thought, all I had to do was become interested in it, in any way interested, and this little point of light would move closer and closer and closer. It was like moving close to a knothole in a fence -- when you get your eye right up to it, you don't see the fence anymore; you see what's on the other side.

So as this little point of "I" came closer, I started to perceive through this point called "me." And I found that in that point called "me" was the whole world. The whole world was contained within that "I," within that little point called "me." There wasn't really an I, but an emptiness that could go into and out of that point, in and out of it, and it's like the whole world could flicker on and off, and on and off, and on and off.

And then I noticed there were all sorts of other points, points, and I could enter each one of those points, and each one of those points was a different world, a different time, and I was a different person, a totally different manifestation in each one of those points. I could go into each one of them and see a totally different dream of self and a totally different world that was being dreamed as well.

emc, have you ever tried being interested in one of the stars and see if you are drawn to it? Perhaps you too can look into a life or two?

Here is what Samuel Sagan says about 'space':
quote:

Meditation phase 4: awareness in the space
Remain in the eye, between the eyebrows.
Instead of focussing on the light itself and on its shining particles,
become aware of the background of the light. The darkness or the
purple light at the background of all the colours will give you the
feeling of a space, extending in front of you.
The space may appear purple, dark blue, or even just dark. More
than the colour it is the feeling of expanse that matters.
Just remain aware in the space. Let yourself be absorbed in it.
At this stage the throat friction can be decreased or even dropped.
Start breathing with the friction again if the mind goes
wandering with thoughts.
3.10 The mysteries of the space
While practising ISIS, the Clairvision techniques of regression, it is
not uncommon to re-experience the condition of the embryo
during the very first days that follow conception. The foetus can
be felt ‘bathing’ in the purple space. The purple space is all around
it, like a sea. The embryo is very tiny and the space around is felt
to be immense. This space is no different from the purple space
that you perceive in your eye, in the fourth and fifth phases of
the third eye meditation.
To the embryo the space is outside, all around itself. But to us, the
same space is inside. To enter the space we have to withdraw inside
and go through the portal of the third eye. In the Upanishads, a
human being is compared to a city with ten gates. Nine of these
gates lead outside and only one leads inside. The nine external gates
are the two eyes, the two ears, the two nostrils, the mouth, the
anus and the generative organ. The tenth gate is the third eye, or
#257;jñ#257;-cakra, which does not open into the external world but into
the inner space.
So what was outside for the embryo is now inside for us. During
the embryological processes that build up the foetus, an
internalization of the astral space has taken place. It is a
fascinating reversal, through which the inside becomes the outside
and the outside becomes the inside. And at death the opposite takes
place: the individual reintegrates into the space.
This leads us to a deeper understanding of the word ‘existence’,
used to describe the period of life on Earth. In Latin, ex means
out, and sistere means to take position. Existence therefore means
to take position out, that is, to exit from the space. Existence is
the temporary exit from the space that we experience between
birth and death.
Chapter 3 – Awakening the Third Eye
Now you can understand the feeling of relief in your heart when
you immerse yourself in the purple space during meditation. It is
as if your heart was suddenly relieved of all the pressures of
incarnated life, all the troubles of existence – enough to make you
feel much lighter! One of the results of initiation is to establish a
permanent connection with the space without losing any of one's
anchorage on Earth. One can then enjoy the peace of the cosmic
space and at the same time, remain fully involved in one's daily
activities. Past a certain level, the joyful lightness forever stays in
your heart, whatever may be happening outside.
Yet let it be very clear that the purpose of the Clairvision style of
work is not to take you out of incarnation into some happy-floaty
paradise, but to prepare you for a work of alchemy,
transformation of the very substance of your bodies. The purpose
is enlightenment here and now, in the middle of the cosmic mess
of modern life. Paradoxically, connecting with the space creates an
inner freedom that allows you to be more fully in the world.

And then, there is the void which we discussed a few years ago... but it would be nice to hear about others' experiences.. Seems to be that everyone hits the void sooner or later. Maybe the void is the vast space that Adyashanti talks about and the space that Samuel Sagan talks about..

TI
Go to Top of Page

Christi

United Kingdom
4429 Posts

Posted - Nov 22 2009 :  07:48:54 AM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi emc,

quote:

It's probably very true, what you write, and I feel a bit silly here. But honestly, having followed the discussions in forum for several years, I must have more registered the exception of SB, and the suggestions on decreasing time of SB and DM, stressing keeping the proportions - not stressing keeping a reasonable time for DM. For example, to self-pace by going from 5-10 min SB and 20 min DM to 3-5 min SB and 15 min DM, rather than taking away SB totally. It was really quite new to me to hear that also SB should be taken away totally! I must not have paid enough attention!

Presumably (hopefully) people who are talking about this kind of self-pacing, have already cut back on all the extras (mudras, bhandas, siddhasana, khumbaka, bastrika etc). So then adjusting the timings of DM and SBP whilst keeping proportions the same, is based on the theory that it is helpful to keep SBP going to some degree. It isn't always, and you are right, that doesn't always come accross clearly in the forum discussions.

quote:
Kechari, I think the tounge was there since the start by default (read automatic movements). I guess that's why it never occurred to me that I even could take it away, and now it was taken away in the same way - it just moved and placed itself behind the teeth instead, the Chinese way. That's when I noticed the difference!

This is a good example of when automatic movements are not always in the best interest of the person they are happening to. Personally I find that sometimes they are helpful and sometimes not.

Christi
Go to Top of Page

Katrine

Norway
1813 Posts

Posted - Nov 24 2009 :  08:22:31 AM  Show Profile  Visit Katrine's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi emc and all

Wonderful to hear of your regained stability emc

As you know the road here is also narrow....always balancing on the edge of overload.

The sitting practice never included more than Spinal Breathing Pranayama (tried breath meditation for a few days earlier this fall but stopped it soon because of ecstatic pull), Deep Meditation and Samyama, and when in overload I usually cut back on Samyama, the DM and SBP time. At times I was only able to do 2 breaths of pranayama....and to exclude pranayama didn't work either since all the energy would soon be drawn to the crown instead of the SBP route from root to brow (Ajna). And since I am always "on"...then this would be an ongoing happening 24/7.

Over the past 2 years things have gradually become more stable, and over the past 6 months a shift happened in the crown. As the crown gradually continuously "opens".....or "ripens".....then the "vacuum" effect...the drawing up of the energy from the root is not such a problem anymore. Whatever is moving is sort of moving right where it is....It feels like "being a circle".....the stability of the circle enables a greater refinement of the energy.....and as that refinement happens.....things are less about "up" and "down", "in" and "out" and "inside" and "outside".

Together with this development there is also a change in the way everything is perceived. It is like being both the screen and the movie.....the acceptance of always being two...the acceptance of the fact that continuous deepening alway includes being in a human body with all that this entails (which ment having to let go of "choosing" to stay as the deep peace that is the screen...) has enabled the birth of.....something that is difficult to express in words....
All that can be said is that.....in that relaxation.....instead of it creating yet another overload.....it has instead smoothed out everything.....and where there earlier was a deep intense yearning for THAT...there is now a soft, sweet, gentle and very very quiet all-encompassing devotion. It is so gentle...that even saying the words "I love you God".....that motion of moving towards God in always expressing the love.....this motion has stilled itself.

Instead there is spontaneous singing devotional songs.....and though it is never planned....I find myself going to that empty church almost every day....kneeling before the image of Jesus Christ and staying there wordless in that precious sacredness...... The feeling of loss is completely gone.....there are no worries......it is like being continuously held by both a father, mother, lover and friend in one. The whole occupation regarding being One...as opposed to two....or Realized....or....awakened....the whole field of spirituality as a topic... has simply...it is simply not here. I am so ordinary....this is so ordinary.....it is the most simple thing...noone is more or less of it. Everything touched by the eye......it shines of this tender love.....everything.

A few months back (maybe wrote about it in the forum somewhere)...during the daily sittings....I found myself saying the mantra ....i am....from the feet. Since then attention has been down there during meditations. It happened of itself and helped a lot regarding the activity always going on in the head. It smoothed out the effect of the surges. But right before coming to Ireland ...something changed in the energy. There was yet another increase in the frequency....and with it surfaced emotional residues from the greif coming from identification with ideas of being separated from my children (when about to leave Norway) and the grief of the loss of my parents and also the loss of two friends. So, knowing well the danger of overload....especially also because going into a period of holiday (compared to being active and holding two jobs at the same time as moving countries)....even though the energy kept being stable in the ongoing circle....just to be on the safe side.....there was dropping of the word "self pacing" into silence.

And now....the practice has changed. Inspired by this thread...thank you emc for starting it and Yogani for the new lessons. And Christiane for bringing up alternate spinal breathing. Instead of Spinal breathing pranayama there is now 5-7 minutes of alternate nostril breathing. And then Deep meditation with SHREE OM SHREE OM I AM I AM NAMAH NAMAH for 15 minutes. And rest for 10 minutes.

So far all is well....3 weeks into this practice. The mantra enhancement....in combination with dropping Spinal Breathing Pranayama.....it has been very balancing so far. And.....although I am in almost constant devotion......the devotion is so quiet...so soft...so simple....it is like being 3 years old again.....trusting the whole world like it was back then....as if nothing can ever harm...and nothing ever means to harm...even when harm happens. I don't understand anything of it...but it seems that the quiet love....this that happens when accepting the fact of being two.....this quiet tender love itself provides stability. Something about that full mantra enhancement (have never added anything before this)....must fit in with this development....because it is the first time I have experienced that an add-on does not increase the intensity of the surges.

So when reading of your regained stability and ability to practice....I am so happy for you emc :) It was about time that that came about.......Also....would you still say that realization happens by force? Like...."do this or else"? The loving hand.....that all along guides us.....even though the medicine might not be tasting very good.....it is always the fact of love that moves us.....never "by force"......only by love.....Yes?

In hindsight.....from here.... it is easy to see.....not so easy when enmeshed. But when "coming back to stability" happens again and again....then the trust....more and more of it stays to be perceived.....even when in trauma or difficulty.

When hosting Satsang (there was one in Dublin on Sunday)....I keep telling people that I have nothing to teach them. The teacher is each and every heart.....So the sharings reflect that......all the hearts bring gems. Equally the silent ones....who provides space for the words of "the others".

May the joy and radiant smile in your heart-face stay....and stay...and stay...

Much love to you emc

PS
Ireland is a land of rainbows :) Have been exposed to rainbows almost every single day since getting here....and Sunday...during the satsang....there was a full rainbow outside the window....it is the first time I have seen a rainbow displayed on a blue sky :) It must be the sacredness of that place.....the carmelite center.....the energy of St. Theresa of Avila....all the love in the chappel next to where we were sitting......

PPS
Will come back here and report about the stability....or lack there-of.... of the change of practice.
Go to Top of Page

christiane

Lebanon
319 Posts

Posted - Nov 24 2009 :  08:52:26 AM  Show Profile  Visit christiane's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
You are our rainbow, Katrine :)

Thank you for these inspiring lines..
At times, I wonder if only reading your posts
would be enough of a daily sadhana

Namaste to your loving and precious presence.

Go to Top of Page

Katrine

Norway
1813 Posts

Posted - Nov 24 2009 :  10:29:47 AM  Show Profile  Visit Katrine's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Namaste Christiane

PS
quote:
You are our rainbow, Katrine :)

As you are mine
Go to Top of Page

miguel

Spain
1197 Posts

Posted - Nov 24 2009 :  3:52:57 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
SHREE OM SHREE OM I AM I AM NAMAH NAMAH

This is absolutely amazing for sensitive people.I was using it for two weeks and the experience of ecstatic bliss was really big.
I dont use it now cz it ended with overload after 2 weeks using it.Breath is better aproach here.
But i recomend it for sensitive folks cz this beutiful mantra is God.It touch heart also,very much.

Thanks for sharing your soul with us katrine.

And thanks all the people for this treath.

_/\_
Go to Top of Page

Katrine

Norway
1813 Posts

Posted - Nov 25 2009 :  06:09:28 AM  Show Profile  Visit Katrine's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Namaste Miguel

Go to Top of Page

emc

2072 Posts

Posted - Nov 27 2009 :  4:01:14 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Oops, many posts here I've missed. Sorry!

T_I, no I am not experimenting with stuff when in meditation. I just meditate. Thanks for great quotes!

Christi,

Yes. Those automatic movements is a curse and a blessing.

Katrine,

Thanks for a wonderful post!

quote:
So when reading of your regained stability and ability to practice....I am so happy for you emc :) It was about time that that came about.......Also....would you still say that realization happens by force? Like...."do this or else"? The loving hand.....that all along guides us.....even though the medicine might not be tasting very good.....it is always the fact of love that moves us.....never "by force"......only by love.....Yes?

In hindsight.....from here.... it is easy to see.....not so easy when enmeshed. But when "coming back to stability" happens again and again....then the trust....more and more of it stays to be perceived.....even when in trauma or difficulty.

Of course you are right, Katrine! It's always known here as well, in the bottom of it all. It's just this mind that is wired to be grumpy all the time, and is prone to have a bitter flavour of the victim all the time... And since I never was a seeker from the start, or wanted enlightenment - I didn't know what that was at all when I suddenly was *whacked* over to discover non-duality, it feels quite weird still, to be on this journey. It has also unfortunately mostly become a fight against overload instead of seeking enlightenment.

Which brings me to the bad news... The stability was very short. Only doing breathing meditation 5-10 min and resting afterwards has brought back a quite disturbing overload (rashes, acne on the body, burning eyes, burning EARS as well... sucking crown, people in need coming to me like flies to suger which brings unplanned and unwanted healing sessions making it worse etc etc).

What it also has brought is a hightened awareness of breath, which means I find myself following breath automatically on and off during the day... bringing more presence...

I don't know what to do anylonger. I don't know how to be more responsible in my self-pacing.

Sigh. It's like there's no off-button available here.

What's the next step? What more measures can I take?

And Katrine, yes, devotional songs... It's also happening more often now, that I start singing. And I'm busy doing what I'm doing being absorbed in mind, then suddenly... I realize I've been repeating the same words over and over again... and then I start listening to what I'm actually singing... and then it's always a surprise to find like a "message" to me being sung, like:

"You are welcome as you are, you don't have to change"
"Listen, you know how to listen - silence speaks"
or I realize I've been repeatin "I am" for the last 10 min or so...

Edited by - emc on Nov 27 2009 4:59:38 PM
Go to Top of Page

Christi

United Kingdom
4429 Posts

Posted - Nov 27 2009 :  5:31:56 PM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi emc,

quote:
I don't know what to do anylonger. I don't know how to be more responsible in my self-pacing.

I would say the next step is to take a break from spiritual practices altogether for a while. If you are down to just breathing meditation and even that is too much, then it is probably a sign that you need some time off. From descriptions you have given in your posts over the last couple of years, I suspect that an overactive and prematurely opened crown chakra has a lot to do with what you are going through. Breathing meditation very rarely has such an effect on someone, unless something is quite out of balance.

If people in need come to you, apologise for not being able to do more, and maybe suggest someone else who may be able to help them if you know of anyone. I am sure that eventually you will be able to help thousands of people, as long as you take good care of yourself now.

When kundalini is at the stage that yours is at, it will be working it's way through your body, and purifying the nadis whether you are engaged in daily spiritual practices or not. So you will be making progress even whilst having a holiday. Can't be too bad
Then when it calms down to the point where your crown chakra is stable, you could gradually build up a practice routine again watching for instability at the crown as you go.

Be careful not to do any self-inquiry, and definately don't ask yourself who it is that is having kundalini problems.

All the best.

Christi
Go to Top of Page

Tibetan_Ice

Canada
758 Posts

Posted - Nov 27 2009 :  6:21:39 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by emc

What's the next step? What more measures can I take?

I'm wondering if your kundalini has just taken the wrong path! Sounds like the Pingala path instead of the sushumna?

I ran accross this the other day and I thought of you:
http://www.edgarcayce.org/ps2/kunda...n_Auken.html

quote:

Often at this point in the meditation, the head will be drawn back, the forehead and crown may have pronounced sensations or vibrations, and the upper body and head may be moving back and forth, or side to side, or in a circular motion (circular is preferable). These are all natural results of the practice and are identified as such in the readings. In the Revelation, St. John associates body-shaking (“earthquakes”) with the opening of the sixth chakra, followed by “silence in heaven” as the seventh chakra opens.

Is the "body-shaking" kriyas?

Then I read this about kundalini coming up the wrong channel:
from this link:
http://www.himalayanacademy.com/res...s_ch-42.html

quote:

In either case, the kundalini shakti rising through the ida or pingala can move upward only to the vishuddha chakra and no farther. This is the impasse.

The misdirection of the kundalini happens most often to the less disciplined, those more eager for attainments on the fast track, those not under the watchful eye of the satguru. Nevertheless, the novice feels a dynamic awakening of power. This heat, produced by the kundalini shakti flowing through either of these two nadis of the sympathetic nerve system, can and often does produce jerking in the body, spine and neck.

Is jerking in the body kriyas? (Please do not take offense to the references to words such as "less disciplined" or "fast track". Please try to read it only for the mechanics and symptoms..")

Is that what is happening to you? Is your kundalini stuck at your vishudha chakra? Perhaps kundalini came up your pingala and is stuck at the throat chakra? Or perhaps the ida channel? You did say you were cold a lot..

The "Merging with Siva" book has some solutions to make sure Ida and Pingala are balanced.

But first you have to fix the imbalance. Here is a quote from:
http://www.himalayanacademy.com/res...s_ch-42.html

quote:

More often than not, the jerking body, twisting neck and the "I now know it all" attitude are taken for a highly spiritual experience and even validated as such by certain teachers. But it is as if we were driving on a rocky road, thinking it to be a smooth highway. It is an unusual experience, to be sure, building the personal ego into something it was never intended to be. When this happens to a devotee, the wise guru or swami recommends that all spiritual practices be immediately stopped. Japa should be stopped. All pranayama except the simplest regulation of the breath should be stopped. Reading scripture should be stopped, worship of all kinds should be stopped. Anything other than wholesome, humbling karma yoga, such as cleaning bathrooms, should be stopped. Growing food should be encouraged. Bare feet on the ground and at the same time hands in the dirt is the best way to bring the rampant kundalini down to the muladhara chakra. Once it is down, it can be directed up through the right current, but only when the devotee does not have conflicting patterns in his life.

To avoid these problems, and worse, the kundalini shakti has to be brought down all the way -- slowly, not abruptly, lest the person become suicidal -- all the way to the base, to the muladhara chakra, and then redirected up the proper channel. As pride comes before a fall, the fall of the spiritual pride is again another hurt, a final bite from the serpent, and as the poison flows through all organs, temporary physical, mental and emotional suffering is the consequence.

Please read that whole chapter. (previous link).

Then I would read some of the theory behind the balancing of ida and pingala at this chapter:
http://www.himalayanacademy.com/res...s_ch-38.html

For example, it says:
quote:

How do you bring about a balance? It is done by regular practice of the five steps. Choose a time to withdraw deliberately the energies from both the ida and pingala currents and to move awareness into sushumna in a very positive way. In the morning when you awaken and at night before you sleep are the best times. Breathe regularly, the same number of counts in and out. Sit in the lotus posture. When you sit in the lotus posture, you are actually short-circuiting the ida current to a certain extent. When you are breathing regularly, through the control of the breath, you are short-circuiting the pingala current to a certain extent. Then, when awareness flows into the core of energy within the spine, you soon become consciously conscious of the sushumna current. At that point, awareness is within and begins immediately to draw upon all the externalized energies of the body, and these two psychic currents are drawn within to their source.

So, please read chapter 42 The Evolution
of Consciousness and then chapter 38 Powers of the Spine. I've only quoted a few salient points, enough, hopefully to entice you to read the whole text..

Perhaps this may give you some explanation of what is happening to you and propose solutions that will work, your "next steps".

I will pray for you.

TI

Edited by - Tibetan_Ice on Nov 27 2009 6:40:49 PM
Go to Top of Page

emc

2072 Posts

Posted - Nov 28 2009 :  02:12:53 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Christi - It was my plan to have a serious self-pacing period with everything off, except keeping the twice daily meditations because I believe in AYP. You might be right that no meditation at all would be the solution. Or it will become worse...

Yes, the premature crown opening is certainly causing a mess.

Unfortunately, the healing mostly happens at work - it's my job to guide the students.

quote:
Be careful not to do any self-inquiry, and definately don't ask yourself who it is that is having kundalini problems.

Haha!

T_I, perhaps you are right, I don't know. It would be quite opposite to an open crown chakra, but who knows?

The automatic movements referred to in the text seems to be jerking and neck bending etc. I don't have very much of that anylonger - it was mostly in the beginning. When in automatic movements here now - there's daily life going on or specific healing/blessing/beaming going on. The body makes breakfast automatically, it drives the car, it walks, it smiles when there's no reason to smile - cheeks are litteraly drawn upwards, it catches something falling before the mind even got it was falling, while cooking dinner feet suddenly starts dancing in an outbreak of tremendous joy, when at the staff meeting the hand and pencil moves and takes notes effortlessly. It goes shopping. I even went shopping once with the eyes closed (as if it REALLY wanted to show me I have nothing to do with it), and the body picked the groceries and didn't stumble into any shelf or person and at the cashier I saw it had only picked ecological stuff!

The mind doesn't have a thing to do with all this. It happens automatically, and feels as if a magnet is pulling the body around with absolute perfection. The mind is in total astonishment or protest when it happens when the body is not following the mind's agenda. The mind doesn't have a clue of what's going to happen next, but everything that happens is just perfect and very serving to others - from cleaning bathrooms to picking up paper from the street to hold someone crying to cleaning an area from entities. It happens occasionally or for hours or even days. And those who say I am able to CONTROL or STOP this, have not yet been able to tell me HOW. I'm still waiting for an answer there. Perhaps it is possible to control, but I just haven't found the trick. Cause since the mind is protesting and it doesn't seem to help... I just haven't found from what place I could stop it, since the identification with mind is still there when it happens!!! I am the mind, I believe my thoughts while this is happening. Some kind of subtle "intention" training missing here perhaps, that is working beyond the mind???

Edited by - emc on Nov 28 2009 04:23:38 AM
Go to Top of Page

Tibetan_Ice

Canada
758 Posts

Posted - Nov 29 2009 :  12:05:33 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by emc
T_I, perhaps you are right, I don't know. It would be quite opposite to an open crown chakra, but who knows?

The automatic movements referred to in the text seems to be jerking and neck bending etc. I don't have very much of that anylonger - it was mostly in the beginning. When in automatic movements here now - there's daily life going on or specific healing/blessing/beaming going on. The body makes breakfast automatically, it drives the car, it walks, it smiles when there's no reason to smile - cheeks are litteraly drawn upwards, it catches something falling before the mind even got it was falling, while cooking dinner feet suddenly starts dancing in an outbreak of tremendous joy, when at the staff meeting the hand and pencil moves and takes notes effortlessly. It goes shopping. I even went shopping once with the eyes closed (as if it REALLY wanted to show me I have nothing to do with it), and the body picked the groceries and didn't stumble into any shelf or person and at the cashier I saw it had only picked ecological stuff!

The mind doesn't have a thing to do with all this. It happens automatically, and feels as if a magnet is pulling the body around with absolute perfection. The mind is in total astonishment or protest when it happens when the body is not following the mind's agenda. The mind doesn't have a clue of what's going to happen next, but everything that happens is just perfect and very serving to others - from cleaning bathrooms to picking up paper from the street to hold someone crying to cleaning an area from entities. It happens occasionally or for hours or even days. And those who say I am able to CONTROL or STOP this, have not yet been able to tell me HOW. I'm still waiting for an answer there. Perhaps it is possible to control, but I just haven't found the trick. Cause since the mind is protesting and it doesn't seem to help... I just haven't found from what place I could stop it, since the identification with mind is still there when it happens!!! I am the mind, I believe my thoughts while this is happening. Some kind of subtle "intention" training missing here perhaps, that is working beyond the mind???

That is very interesting.
Initially, perhaps it was an opening up either the ida or pingala. I guess you'd have to find a sat-guru, completely ground yourself, take the kundalini back down and then up again, if that is the problem. However, I also have another idea.

Have you ever been hypnotized? What you are describing to me is like the part of you that becomes hypnotized is taking over occasionally. I don't know which 'body' that would be or what it would be called (ie. the astral body, the subconscious, the mental body..??) Let's call it the hypno-body.

It is like you dissociate from the part of yourself that is controlling the physical and "let it do it's thing" or more appropriately, "watch it do it's thing".

Do you recall some common event that occurs directly before the dissociation occurs? Something like a repetitive pattern like a pendulum swinging, a granfather clock ticking, a constant ebbing like riding on a train, a sound or visual cue?

I used to hypnotize some of my friends a long time ago. Part of the teachings on how to hypnotize someone say this: you hypnotize someone by the conventional method of "getting the person to focus their attention on a moving object just above eye level followed by gentle persuasive suggestions to fall asleep". It is similar to what snake charmers do with rhythmic repetitive patterns performed by moving a flute or 'stick' in front of the snake's face.

But, you can also hypnotize someone by simply moving your hands in repetitive patterns over their body. You can hypnotize certain animals like that, by rubbing their belly, or by just petting them for example.. But you don't actually have to touch the body either.

What exactly are you doing when you do the form with Bernie? Do you perform repetitive motions around a person? Do you think the person becomes hypnotized? Do you think it's possible that prolonged exposure to this type of hypnotism might promote the activation and growth of a semi-independant hypno-body? Or, have you ever been hypnotized? Or have other people told you that you have been hypnotized but didn't believe them?

If that is a possibility, then perhaps there is wisdom to the saying that "what got you into it will get you out of it".

So, this is another thing to try. Find a hypnotist whom you trust, who has a good reputation and get that person to hypnotize you and give you a post-hypnotic suggestion that whenever you feel the hypno-body taking over, you pull on your ear (for example) and return control back to your mind, the real you. Or that you wake up. You might also get the hypnotist to ask your hypno-body to identify themselves and reveal their purpose..

Hopefully I have given you another viewpoint, which might help..

TI

Edited by - Tibetan_Ice on Nov 29 2009 12:20:45 AM
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.09 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000