Satsang Cafe - General Discussions on AYP
 Higher beings and emotion..
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

BellaMente

USA
147 Posts

Posted - Oct 25 2009 :  8:53:51 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Just a curious thought... Can higher beings experience emotion???

Wolfgang

Germany
470 Posts

Posted - Oct 26 2009 :  04:56:37 AM  Show Profile  Visit Wolfgang's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Good question !
I would say yes, but they are not caught up in them.
Go to Top of Page

Christi

United Kingdom
4429 Posts

Posted - Oct 26 2009 :  3:29:11 PM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Bellamente,

The higher beings I have encountered experience love, ecstasy and bliss as well as compassion. There are a few other emotions which could be described as benediction, grace, reverence and supreme joy.
In the realms inhabited by higher beings, these emotions are highly transmittable from one being to another.
Go to Top of Page

cosmic

USA
821 Posts

Posted - Oct 26 2009 :  3:47:37 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Will we be higher beings one day?
Go to Top of Page

Christi

United Kingdom
4429 Posts

Posted - Oct 26 2009 :  4:40:26 PM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Cosmic,

quote:
Will we be higher beings one day?

Good question! Personally I would say that it is looking increasingly likely that this is the real destination of humanity.

Here is a thread from a while ago which touches on the similarities between evolving humans and angels:

Wings in the etheric body

Yogani once wrote this:

"We are an in-between species on the evolutionary scale. In-between the animal kingdoms and the divine being kingdoms."

Sexual healing

I guess there is only one way to find out. Yoga.

Christi
Go to Top of Page

miguel

Spain
1197 Posts

Posted - Oct 26 2009 :  5:14:31 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks christi.
Yoga.

Edited by - miguel on Oct 26 2009 5:15:54 PM
Go to Top of Page

Kirtanman

USA
1651 Posts

Posted - Oct 26 2009 :  7:52:48 PM  Show Profile  Visit Kirtanman's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply

Hi Bellamente,

How would you define "higher being"?

Wholeheartedly,

Kirtanman

Go to Top of Page

BellaMente

USA
147 Posts

Posted - Oct 27 2009 :  8:40:38 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
So then (if you believed in God) would you say God experiences emotion also as love, bliss, etc. etc.???

To Kirtanman... In this case I would define a 'higher being' as a being above the 'astral plane'... I was under the impression that the astral plane is the realm of emotions so I was curious to know if hypothetically such beings could experience emotion....

Otherwise I would probably define a 'higher being' as a being that is more advanced than humans...
Go to Top of Page

Kirtanman

USA
1651 Posts

Posted - Oct 27 2009 :  10:53:48 PM  Show Profile  Visit Kirtanman's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by BellaMente

So then (if you believed in God) would you say God experiences emotion also as love, bliss, etc. etc.???

To Kirtanman... In this case I would define a 'higher being' as a being above the 'astral plane'... I was under the impression that the astral plane is the realm of emotions so I was curious to know if hypothetically such beings could experience emotion....

Otherwise I would probably define a 'higher being' as a being that is more advanced than humans...

Hi Bellamente,

In my experiencing/awareness, any awareness / state / being that can experience subjectivity from (so-called) "higher planes" .... that is to say: more expanded awareness than the thinking mind conceives of in its conceptions .... can also consciously experience subjectivity in/with greater form.

Simply put: higher planes include lower planes, and a conscious range of more-expanded / less-expanded subjectivity, available to the experient / non-experient, as the moment may be.

I don't know anything about "hypothetically".

I've seen a lot of variety in teachings as far as "what kinds of beings experience what" ... and most of them are pure conjecture.

Planes of consciousness aren't nearly as rigid as thinking mind presumes they must be.

And the good news is: no one has to take my word for it, or anyone else's word for it ... keep practicing/inquiring, and soon enough, you'll know for yourself.

(As Adyashanti says, "I'll know what I need to know when I need to know it." ... and so it is for all who relax all the way into pure presence.)

I hope this helps.

Wholeheartedly,

Kirtanman

Go to Top of Page

cosmic

USA
821 Posts

Posted - Oct 27 2009 :  10:58:40 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Christi,

Thanks for your reply. I recall being fascinated by the "wings" post some time ago. I too like to think this is our destiny.

quote:
Originally posted by Christi

I guess there is only one way to find out. Yoga.

Sweet! I'll have to check out this Yoga thing

With Love
cosmic
Go to Top of Page

Christi

United Kingdom
4429 Posts

Posted - Oct 28 2009 :  10:42:41 AM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Bellamente,

quote:

God doesn't so much experience emotion. Rather, God is all. Beyond the ramifications of the thinking mind, God is what is. The very act of creation is an act of Divine love, or you could say, it is Divine love itself. Light pours from the unmanifest, and its very pouring is bliss of a level beyond which the mind is capable of imagining.

If you come down through the planes of being, away from the source of creation something incredible starts to happen. Below the realms of pure light, beings begin to take form, and as they are formed they turn to worship the light from which they are created. At this level, all these beings do is worship God. They are sustained fully by the light and love pouring on them, and their continual act of worship is ecstasy.

So the power of God goes two ways. It flows down from above as glory, grace, peace, benediction, bliss and love; and it flows up from below as worship, ecstasy, bliss and a yearning for unity.

Christi
Go to Top of Page

Balance

USA
967 Posts

Posted - Oct 28 2009 :  11:55:47 AM  Show Profile  Visit Balance's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Christi

Hi Bellamente,

quote:

God doesn't so much experience emotion. Rather, God is all. Beyond the ramifications of the thinking mind, God is what is. The very act of creation is an act of Divine love, or you could say, it is Divine love itself. Light pours from the unmanifest, and its very pouring is bliss of a level beyond which the mind is capable of imagining.

If you come down through the planes of being, away from the source of creation something incredible starts to happen. Below the realms of pure light, beings begin to take form, and as they are formed they turn to worship the light from which they are created. At this level, all these beings do is worship God. They are sustained fully by the light and love pouring on them, and their continual act of worship is ecstasy.

So the power of God goes two ways. It flows down from above as glory, grace, peace, benediction, bliss and love; and it flows up from below as worship, ecstasy, bliss and a yearning for unity.

Christi

That's beautiful Christi.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000