Satsang Cafe - General Discussions on AYP
 Help needed !
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

karl

United Kingdom
1812 Posts

Posted - Oct 28 2009 :  2:38:06 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
One of lifes situations that seems difficult to handle objectively and in line with Yoga.

My company is on the verge of a merger. This means that one of the two Chief Executives will no longer be required (in all likelyhood that will mean me).

So, my question is how to see this within the context of Yoga as a way of life.

1.It would be easy to chuck my dummy out and tender my resignation which does not seem very Yoga like although, in the end that is likely to be the outcome.

2.Ask my Chairman what the process will be and what will be the outcome for the person who does not get the CEO post in the new company. In which case I suspect he will suggest that there maybe a role inside the new company in a senior management position.

Option 2 is awkward because it would mean working under a CEO that I really don't like (neither do my staff or most of the other companies staff.

Option 1 means I end up without a job although it would not mean I was exactly living in poverty. It would mean getting another job (not easy in the current climate), or starting my own business (done this before and did not enjoy it too much, although there are compensations it would take some time to get going).

There isn't a 'nothing' option How do I view these circumstances, not in a practical way (that will happen anyway, it's just the circumstances), the more about the spiritual approach, with wisdom, to make the best use of the situation from a growth perspective.

Konchok Ösel Dorje

USA
545 Posts

Posted - Oct 28 2009 :  3:24:33 PM  Show Profile  Visit Konchok Ösel Dorje's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
These questions are never easy, Karl. One must proceed with wisdom. Yoga is about allowing one's wisdom to shine through. You know your situation. Is it the wise thing to do to allow yourself to lose your job? Can you take up a CEO post elsewhere? Is it wise to allow yourself to be demoted in your company? So for yoga to answer this question for you will mean looking within yourself and reflecting on your circumstances. Then, without doubt, anger or pride, just act, without looking back.
Go to Top of Page

Yonatan

Israel
849 Posts

Posted - Oct 28 2009 :  3:45:35 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I second Konchok, ask yourself this and let the silence give you the answer.. What helps me a lot of times is to pick a word that describes the situation and do samyama on it, maybe only once, or twice.. not even doing it after meditation, just in the middle of activity, stopping for half a minute to settle the mind and drop the word into silence.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000