Simply Tired
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Ananda

3115 Posts

Posted - Oct 17 2009 :  4:17:06 PM  Show Profile  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
The gates of my heart

the gates of my heart are open but my beloved does not come
he gave me a taste then left me dry
i am tired of seeking
tired of hope
tired of lights
tired of states
tired of bliss
tired of silence and ecstasy
tired of all spiritual experiences
tired of watching my own suffering and that of others from a serene place without doing more to help
plz God rid this pitiful slave of yours from his shortages
complete me
burn me
and let there be none but you

End of nagging...

this isn't poetry, this is why i posted it here; i am just blabbeling about my ever burning bhakti which i have nothing to do with (the seeker is the guru within i already know that; but he has one hell of a way in reaching out.)

usually people speak to me about their problems most of the times... and the funny part is that i was lead to my spiritual path and where i am without my own decision and yet i am left short handed and unable to do more for these good people...

i want the karmic waves to dry out and surrender to the beloved.

anyways i just felt like blowing off some steam, and i know that surrender is the key.

and i think that karma sucks and what sucks more is that when we are That; when we are the taste all is good then, especially for the one who is in the taste but for others no it's not there's suffering and there are young children who are dying of hunger nowadays.

dear God i beg of you to shed your grace again
you shouldn't be so hard to reach.

"thank you AYP people, and thank you dear God for the lovely company"

in loving acceptance!

Ananda

p.s: i would appreciate it if those who don't believe in the notion of God would not express this in my post out of respect for my beliefs.

Ananda

3115 Posts

Posted - Oct 17 2009 :  4:19:02 PM  Show Profile  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
thank you for this sweet Katrine:
http://www.aypsite.org/forum/topic....TOPIC_ID=806

Go to Top of Page

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Oct 17 2009 :  4:56:52 PM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Ananda,
Today is Kali puja. What a perfect day to share a piece from Paramhansa Yogananda's - "How You Can Talk With God":

"Though God hears all our prayers He does not always respond. Our situation is like that of a child who calls for his mother, but the mother does not think it necessary to come. She sends him a plaything to keep him quiet. But when the child refuses to be comforted by anything except the mother's presence, she comes. If you want to know God, you must be like that naughty baby who cries till the mother comes."

Keep asking Ananda... from the heart.. from the silence... keep asking (nagging)... Mother cannot ignore you for long.
_/\_

PS: I am in the same boat.. but today I have asked.. from the silence.. I have asked Ma to come and stay with me... like a surrender... like a very small prayer but it came from stillness. I have asked this many times, but I think today she heard me. Maybe you can ask too? She is in a giving mood today.
Go to Top of Page

brother neil

USA
752 Posts

Posted - Oct 17 2009 :  5:35:30 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
thank you for writing this, for at times it is my own feelings that you describe. May God comfort you in unexpected ways, for God is capable of that.
with love
Brother Neil
Go to Top of Page

Katrine

Norway
1813 Posts

Posted - Oct 17 2009 :  5:44:03 PM  Show Profile  Visit Katrine's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Dear Ananda

quote:
The gates of my heart

i am tired of seeking
tired of hope
tired of lights
tired of states
tired of bliss
tired of watching my own suffering and that of others from a serene place without doing more to help
complete me
burn me

This is a beautiful poem.
Thank you so much Ananda...for the whole open post

When in darkness.....even then...what comes out in openness.....is now in that which we long for.....

I always forget...when in darkness.....that my beloved doesn't come for one reason only: He is already here....

He is already here Ananda.....it is he who speaks the words above. It is he that is the longing......

Let the tiredness be embraced...let it stay....take it in your arms so that it can rest.....

I find that i will never be rid of shortages.....
But when this is accepted.....then what is there to do...other than loving Him that is every beating heart and breathes every breath?

Helping others.....I never know how to do this. If it happens it happens. It is enough that you love them Ananda. Your yearning to help them is your love for them....but all is as it is for no reason that I understand. It just is....and all of us grow....where we are. In difficulties....more than ever. So you must be surrounded by some old souls....

And Ananda....life here is so protected compared to where you live. What you witness on a daily basis.....I cannot imagine it. So when God places you there among all the others that are strong enough to grow under such conditions.....then just the fact of your presence there will be enough for those that are in need of spiritual strength. When noone help me.....this is when I ....burn the most......and spill the cry in a poem...or in tears.....and openness brings presence.....

quote:

Just like the ocean never stops waving....so karma waves on. But in surrender...we accept the waves. We are still ocean. How can we ever dry out ?

I too.....am longing. Am tired. Am moving. Am saying good bye to everyone. Am empty. Am dying. And know nothing of the future. But....am also loving. Right now. Right here. Just like all of us. We are all the same. Yesterday...a drug addict...he wanted me to buy a magazine....and I was with a friend....and didnt want to take yet another thing home with me (to pack and get rid of)....so i said no thank you. And he left......and a minute later I knew I had acted from selfishness.....so I said to my friend that I had to go find him. We said goodbye.....and I went still inside and started walking. 5 minutes later he came walking towards me around a corner. So I told him everything...and apologized for my blindness. He was so sweet....he said "well..I'll be d***....first time this has happened"......"you can read the magazine when you are tired of packing and want a cup of tea".....

So..as you can see....fine help I was It was he.....that helped me. He woke me up. He cared for me.
Like that....we help each other. Quite helplessly so.

Your poem....
God hears it

Much love to you Ananda
Go to Top of Page

Katrine

Norway
1813 Posts

Posted - Oct 17 2009 :  5:45:54 PM  Show Profile  Visit Katrine's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Shanti and brother Neil

We cross posted

Thank you for your beautiful posts.
Go to Top of Page

Etherfish

USA
3615 Posts

Posted - Oct 17 2009 :  5:46:16 PM  Show Profile  Visit Etherfish's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
We must learn to let go with the mind also. Our longing must be for "whatever God knows is best for me; not something I determine myself".

Then we need to let go and have faith that God will do what is best. There is a clinging attachment that can actually get in the way and block god's energy. So we have to accept that God may do the exact opposite of what we desire for reasons we can't understand.
Then eventually we see why things happened the way they did.

So let your bhakti be open enough to accept anything God gives you whatever it is and however long it takes. Sometimes you are thrown through the gates of hell first, only to find out you were travelling in the "out" direction.
Go to Top of Page

Kirtanman

USA
1651 Posts

Posted - Oct 17 2009 :  7:58:52 PM  Show Profile  Visit Kirtanman's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Ananda & All,

Normally, I would say "some thoughts", but these following words have nothing to do with thought .... and so:

Some loving intending .....

quote:
Originally posted by Ananda

The gates of my heart

i am tired of seeking
tired of hope
tired of lights
tired of states
tired of bliss
complete me
burn me

Beautiful.

_/\_

And so, your beautiful words; your beautiful living, capture the very trajectory of every seeker, not-knowing Self as the finder in the moment the longing is expressed.

This longing, this perception of lack seems to be universal -- so universal that even the stories of Jesus and the Buddha recount it, in the experiencing of those beautiful beings.

Physical birth involves bursting forth out of a cocoon, into the light, and involves blood, sweat and tears; often a bit of screaming, as well.

Except in the worst moments, most humans would say it was worth it ... mostly because, for almost all, at least .... there's no memory of the pain.

Ditto spiritual birth.

Really.

A very, very profound phrase came to-through me, the other day:

Enlightenment is the releasing of attachment to form.

That's it.

All suffering has to do with attachment to form in some way, and almost universally to mental-conceptual remembered form ..... including the very thought of the me(thought) who wants to be enlightened.

Thought-mind looks to thought-mind for confirmation -- which is the one place it can never be found.

Thought-mind interprets emotions as somehow meaningful to enlightenment; they're not. Emotions happen.

The only thing that is pertinent to being done with the journey .... and I say this with all the love shining everywhere now ...... the only thing that is pertinent to being done with the journey is:

Releasing attachment to form.

Just. Let. Go.

And don't listen to any mental or emotional complaints about it (aka Ananda's thoughts).

God is found in the space between thoughts.

It is t/here that the light can shine through us, allowing the receiving-giving; celebrating this glorious completion-now; this that is ever already whole-now.

As Adyashanti says:

"Rest, and be taken."

quote:

Could it be possible that the truth is too simple to be believed?

That true nature has never been associated with karmic waves in the first place?

quote:

anyways i just felt like blowing off some steam, and i know that surrender is the key.

Awesome; that works just fine.

Good job!

quote:

dear God i beg of you to shed your grace again you shouldn't be so hard to reach.

One of the names of the Goddess, Ma Durga, is (based on the Sanskrit root of Her Name) ..... "Hard To Reach".

Did the ancient rishis just want to "rub it in" ... and make people feel even worse ....... or ...... were they maybe offering a *clue* so blatant and so beautiful as to border on the miraculous?

Why would the Divine Mother of All This be hard to reach?

How could the One beating our hearts be difficult to reach?

There's only one way this could even be possible:

For the Goddess Herself to be the One reaching out, seeking, trying, begging struggling to reach herself and not knowing it.

Let Go All The Way.

Let It All Fall Open All The Way.

How Could Infinite Freedom Be Anywhere Other Than Here-Now?

Answer ---- Quickly, Now ---- and Answer With The True Answer You Ever Are Now .....

.... with your Life ........ not with limited mind.

_/\_

quote:

"thank you AYP people, and thank you dear God for the lovely company"

... and Thank You, for the living beauty you are; connection is what it's all about ....... that's why we do this; why we are this, now.

And when we realize the simple and infinite secret .....

.... that nothing other than enlightenment is real, now; that nothing other than enlightenment ever exists, nor can it ....

.... that our true nature is this infinite awareness illuminating all; that this loving awareness has never had anything to do with limitation ....

..... that there was just some dreaming of being poorly informed ....

.... and that wholeness is the glory of the glory of this wholeness we are loving as, now ....

Life freakin' *rocks*, Dude!

It can't be otherwise.

Sure, limitation can *think* otherwise .... but non-wholeness can't be real .... if it could, there would actually be some (non-wholeness) somewhere.

Good luck finding any.

Sure ... at the "macro thought me perception level" .... there can seem to be plenty .... but backing away from all the distinction and definition and delineation .... the measurement .... the Maya ...

.... and noticing that at the atomic and sub-atomic levels ... things start to look amazingly ...... similar.

Notice "your" fingertip, for instance.

Where, exactly, is the last atom of your fingertip ..... and the first atom of the air in the room?

Now, I realize ........... due to the amazing-yet-universal fact that both the last-finger-atom and first-air-atom are each-both far more than 99% open empty space ..... de-fin-ing or de-lin-eating or even de-scribing which infinitely-ever-changing-atom-space is which, now ... could be challenging for even the most sure-I'm-limited-and-separate me-thought.

It's true ..... enlightenment is real; enlightenment is all that's real.

Even the dreaming, and the spaces-things dreamed to be outside the dreamer are made of it; it's all there is; it's all we each-all ever actually are shining as, here-now.

The Truth Is.

There's Only One.

Me-thoughts can only think otherwise ... and only me-thoughts can think otherwise.

Could it possibly be that simple?

Try being unenlightened without thinking.

See?

Can't do it, can you?

Beautiful, huh?

Like, really!

There's never been any unenlightenment!!

Me-thoughts only thought there was!!

Try as often as you like, as much as you like.

No thinking = no unenlightenment.

But only eternally, and only completely .... just like always-now.

When did the "boogy-man", or the "monster-in-the-closet", or the "monster-in-the-bed" go away?

When they were no longer thought into existence.

Letting Go, Living Unbound, Celebrating Fun.

This Is Reality.

This Loving Awareness.

Yes.

Yes.

Yes.

Yes.

Welcome Home.

quote:

in loving acceptance!

Oh, Man!

I gave away the Great Secret in this post ... the Whole Enchiladananda!!

.... you're not supposed to give away the method for ever-freshly creating-sharing-extending it, in the same place at the same time ......... 'cause then, how can me-thoughts think they're suffering?

Oh ... wait ... it happened ..... therefore, it was supposed to.

Ah, well .. enough dream-suffering anyway ... time-now to get newly-back to the ever-more-awesome-fullness of Giving All Love To All as All Love Giving Now.

Awesome.

It's a party, now!!

quote:

p.s: i would appreciate it if those who don't believe in the notion of God would not express this in my post out of respect for my beliefs.

I don't think you have to worry about that; the soul purpose of this post was for Her to help you not-believe in the notion of the limited me-thought you sometimes remember to think you are.

And it is my infinite joy and honor to hopefully be Her* messenger, here.

(*This isn't meant to be a "gender thing"; in nearly every wisdom tradition - the active dynamic aspect of the One is usually expressed as female; the Goddess - Shakti, Shekinah, etc. --- because the illustration of God{dess} as Male-Female points to the most fundamental power of all: reality arises in-from-as-with-to *Union*; apparent halves reuiniting as their original wholeness-now; the wholeness we each and all ever are, living unbound.

And, as well, I wanted to honor and thank the Goddess-principle I AM for making all this: possible-now, on this day-night-always-now of celebrating Inner Silence Manifesting; This Loving Awareness Now; Kali Puja - the honoring of the Divine Feminine.

What is the Divine Feminine?

All form; all form is the Goddess; is Kali Ma.

For That (This) is the Greatest Secret, behind the Great Secret:

Enlightenment is releasing attachment to form.

Releasing attachment to form creates creating with form; the ever-full union born from the union of fullness with itself now.

The eternal, joyous love-making of reality.

ALL suffering is borne by the Goddess (aka All Form, from the highest mountain to the subtlest dream) that we might be born .... that we each-all can awaken to the truth:

Lover and Beloved Are One.

Knowing this costs everything-nothing -- the price so infinite-yet-small, the me-thought is sure it can't be paid:

To Know the joyous reality that Lover and Beloved are One; to Know Self as the Truth that sets us all free .... the only requirement is to stop believing in thoughts of duality, and the limited me-thought who thinks them.

Are you willing?

Utter freedom is always less than a thought away.

Do you realize?

_/\_

Jai Ma!

Jai Love!

All Love To All,

Kirtanman

If all the ignorance in the world passed a second ago
What would you say and who would you obey?
I am here to say
Peace Is Now

~LIVE, 10,000 Years Peace Is Now

Edited by - Kirtanman on Oct 17 2009 11:18:01 PM
Go to Top of Page

Anthem

1608 Posts

Posted - Oct 17 2009 :  10:28:51 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Lot's of beautiful posts and wisdom! Such a wonderful connection we share here, thank you Yogani for making this possible.

quote:
The gates of my heart

i am tired of seeking
tired of hope
tired of lights
tired of states
tired of bliss
complete me
burn me

End of nagging...

I hear and recognize these sentiments Ananda that you have expressed so eloquently and I have often prayed for the same. As the others pointed out, this can only be felt when we believe (in the moment of expressing this) that we are not already What Is, not already connected and that the flow of life isn't happening in the perfect way for oneness to be revealed to all at some eventual point.

I also feel the same way that Katrine expresses, I also live in such an easy and safe place/ country and have so much admiration for people like you who can bring light into a part of the world that faces so many difficult challenges from day to day. Deepest respect and silent bow to you.

quote:
and i think that karma sucks and what sucks more is that when we are That; when we are the taste all is good then, especially for the one who is in the taste but for others no it's not there's suffering and there are young children who are dying of hunger nowadays.

Not that it makes it any easier to bear, from my perspective, the opportunity to live through difficult "karma" is an opportunity to grow and shed suffering at an accelerated rate. I have had the privilege to know in my lifetime some brave souls who have lived through some severe circumstances and at the end, once recovered, they shed so much and seem so much closer to lasting peace and connection to their true self.

Maybe these brave souls where you live, chose to suffer greatly to know God more quickly? I like to think there is a positive in the equation somewhere in the divine plan.

Thanks Kirtanman for this: "Releasing attachment to form."

How perfectly succinct, great wisdom.

Love to all!

A

Go to Top of Page

manig

India
88 Posts

Posted - Oct 18 2009 :  01:51:54 AM  Show Profile  Visit manig's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
dear God i beg of you to shed your grace again
you shouldn't be so hard to reach.

Reminds me of a scene from 'The Exorcist'. Sometimes even Demon teaches you a thing or two.

The bureau drawer flies open on it's own.

KARRAS: Did you do that?

REGAN/DEMON: Uh Huh.

Karras pushes the drawer back in.

KARRAS: Do it again.

REGAN/DEMON: In time.

KARRAS: No now.

REGAN/DEMON: In time. But mirabile dictu, don't you agree?
Go to Top of Page

Ananda

3115 Posts

Posted - Oct 18 2009 :  7:06:54 PM  Show Profile  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
namaste kind ones, i am really grateful to be in your presence that's definitely the act of grace.

i've read everything twice and there's a lot of good advise and wisdom in your posts but it will take me like a gazillion amount of time to give each it's own due so i am sorry for my shortage.

thank you beloved ones...

nothing to do but surrender to my fate and go through all these spiritual practices\experiences like a wise soul once said: "like brushing your teeth."

the irony is that the things which has been kindly shared (either pure advaita; surrender; bhakti) i give as advise to others and i already knew and lived by and sort of knew that this is what i am going to get as answers but smthg inside just wanted to write even though to me there was no need but i felt overwhelmed so i took it off my chest by writing.

and the result was this divine interaction with you guys which is so precious and beautiful and sweet that it made my heart sing love love love.

thank you all for showering me with your love

Now back to our subject the nagging will continue dear Shweta it's not in my hands; there's still smthg inside which is quite unsatisfied and it is always in a state of lack and whatever it experiences and go through even the all mighty experiences with their grandeur like melting in the sea of light it's still not that...

and what's calling from my heart is not me, the me here who is writing is the ego the wave the personality whereas the core of what i am of what we all are is a Silence an Energy a Truth a God..

and i cannot dare say that i am that for it alone is and this i am is nothing but a slave whose existence is nothing without the beloved's grace\ even in my blissful silence and in the witness
state there's this knowing of that this isn't it.

thanks to his or hers grace (i don't believe that God has a sex) alone i am in advaitic terms love and truth... for it is he who chooses to grace me or not.

ask the enlightened like Adyashanti and Yogani they all say that the sense of the small self is going to always be there but in a more transparent way and it's used as a channel to the Divine.

and i don't believe that where they are at as spiritual teachers is smthg which they always dreamed of being from childhood they surrendered to the divine grace and her will has led them to take on the roles of where they are at now.

realization is being in a full time presence of God as the suffies name it (in other terms sahaj samadhi) and by his grace alone i can realize and be this oneness.

the sense of the small self or persona vanishes during nirvikalpa samadhi (been there done that and as Adyashanti says about it "big deal!")

i'll go on onward with cleaning them teeth white clean, and as i first ended the topic i end this one as well with a little add on which seems to be fitting a sign:

"in loving acceptance, let go and let God."

Ananda
Go to Top of Page

Tibetan_Ice

Canada
758 Posts

Posted - Oct 18 2009 :  11:28:11 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
and i cannot dare say that i am that for it alone is and this i am is nothing but a slave whose existence is nothing without the beloved's grace\ even in my blissful silence and in the witness
state there's this knowing of that this isn't it.

Hi Ananda :)
Here is some inspiration from Nisargadatta (I Am That):
quote:

In the immensity of consciousness a light appears, a tiny point that moves rapidly and traces shapes, thoughts and feelings, concepts and ideas, like the pen writing on paper. And the ink that leaves a trace is memory. You are that tiny point and by your movement the world is ever re-created. Stop moving, and there will be no world. Look within and you will find that the point of light is the reflection of the immensity of light in the body, as the sense 'I am'. There is only light, all else appears.

And finally, this one:
quote:

Keep the ‘I am’ in the focus of awareness, remember that you are, watch yourself ceaselessly and the unconscious will flow into the conscious without any special effort on your part. Wrong desires and fears, false ideas, social inhibitions are blocking and preventing its free interplay with the conscious. Once free to mingle, the two become one and the one becomes all. The person merges into the witness, the witness into awareness, awareness into pure being, yet identity is not lost, only its limitations are lost. It is transfigured, and becomes the real Self, the sadguru, the eternal friend and guide. You cannot approach it in worship. No external activity can reach the inner self; worship and prayers remain on the surface only; to go deeper meditation is essential, the striving to go beyond the states of sleep, dream and waking. In the beginning the attempts are irregular, then they recur more often, become regular, then continuous and intense, until all obstacles are conquered.

:)
TI
Go to Top of Page

Ananda

3115 Posts

Posted - Oct 19 2009 :  12:52:47 AM  Show Profile  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
hi TI, i love Nisargadatta and have a lot of respect for him but i disagree with him on the part "you cannot approach it in worship"

the Christian and suffie saints and indians like Sri Ramakrishna are enough proof of the worship approach and honestly if yoga practices and enquiry and devotion are integrated together then the results are way much better.

we have a story here in Lebanon about a famous and very beautiful and loving Christian Saint who is still doing miracles after he's been long past gone (his name is Saint Charbel); anyways the story goes that Saint Charbel asked God at one point to let him go out from his hermitage and help others and God's reply to him was pray all is asked of you is to pray this is the best way you can help with for now.

plus Sri Ramana Maharshi himself used to speak about both of the paths of devotion and the direct approach as two genuine ones.

but if you wanna go Advaita all the way; i think Papaji said it best to David Godman when the latter was done writing his 1000 smthg biographie pages of Sri Poonja.

quote: "nothing ever happened."

argument and which is best or not in the end leads to nowhere; let's just surrender and practice or do whatever we feel inclined to do.

namaste
Go to Top of Page

christiane

Lebanon
319 Posts

Posted - Oct 19 2009 :  06:27:58 AM  Show Profile  Visit christiane's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:

quote:

"in loving acceptance."

?!

Go to Top of Page

Ananda

3115 Posts

Posted - Oct 19 2009 :  12:32:23 PM  Show Profile  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
hi Chrissy, to each his own beliefs and i respect that...

simply put the reason is that once upon a time in more than one place in these forums some people just came in and said God doesn't exist and yati yatta and some of the things they said were a bit... and of course this is their own opinion and i respect it the word God is a label the same as Truth and... but for me and a lot of others God or Truth whatever you may call is real and it is all there is...

so just to make it clearer; for some people this kind of act if it's overdone is considered as an offense and not everyone is so open minded and we have to respect that... so just for caution sake the p.s. was there.

but in case i offended anyone i am sorry it has been done out of ignorance and it never was my intention.

and if anyone would like to say that God doesn't exist... plz feel free to do that but at the same time i would appreciate it if you could go at it slowly and take in consideration the feelings of others.

namaste sweet Chrissy(f)
Go to Top of Page

christiane

Lebanon
319 Posts

Posted - Oct 19 2009 :  12:33:29 PM  Show Profile  Visit christiane's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I was reading in The Book of Wisdom (vol.1) from Osho.. and thought of you, Ananda, when I stumbled upon these words:

"To be unenlightened is something that you have earned; great effort has been invested in being unenlightened. And continuously you have to go on making an effort to remain unenlightened. Just drop making any more efforts to remain unenlightened, and you are enlightened. Enlightenment is your natural state;it is what you are."

"If you have a desire for enlightenment, then enlightenment is never going to happen to you-never,never.
Because desiring is what prevents it, so enlightenment cannot be desired;that will be a contradiction in terms."
Go to Top of Page

christiane

Lebanon
319 Posts

Posted - Oct 19 2009 :  12:46:07 PM  Show Profile  Visit christiane's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
we crossposted dear Ananda!

First, I want you to know that whatever I questionned here was addressed to you as much as myself, like any other questionning I could ever ask, or any advice I could give. We are all mirrors for one another.

Second, what I meant by "?!" was "how can you(/me) pretend having loving acceptance when you express "warnings" that would prevent any potential "disbelief" or contradictions to your feelings/beliefs to express themselves..

I can understand that opening an unending debate on God existence or non existence is futile and a waste of time and energy.
But at least, if AYP forums are a free place to express ourselves and share - and I 'believe' (!) they are! - let's remain open to whatever reaction may occur here.. and after all, nobody will offend anybody else, and you know that.
If anyone feels offended, well, it's a great opportunity for him/her to inquire on this bad feeling within him/herself..
And finally, we are all free to answer/respond or not any question/counter-reaction that could occur..

Let those forums be a free space of Loving Acceptance.

We are all here to learn from our mistakes, each moment..

_/\_
Go to Top of Page

Sparkle

Ireland
1457 Posts

Posted - Oct 19 2009 :  12:52:34 PM  Show Profile  Visit Sparkle's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Just came across this thread now, so rich and nourishing, who would have thought "nagging" would produce such divine expression

Thanks to Ananda and all
Go to Top of Page

christiane

Lebanon
319 Posts

Posted - Oct 19 2009 :  12:56:49 PM  Show Profile  Visit christiane's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Sparkle

Just came across this thread now, so rich and nourishing, who would have thought "nagging" would produce such divine expression

Thanks to Ananda and all

when 'nagging' comes from the heart of a bright loving soul, what else to expect in return?

Go to Top of Page

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Oct 19 2009 :  3:15:21 PM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by christiane

let's remain open to whatever reaction may occur here.. and after all, nobody will offend anybody else, and you know that.
If anyone feels offended, well, it's a great opportunity for him/her to inquire on this bad feeling within him/herself..
And finally, we are all free to answer/respond or not any question/counter-reaction that could occur..

Let those forums be a free space of Loving Acceptance.

We are all here to learn from our mistakes, each moment..

_/\_
Go to Top of Page

Ananda

3115 Posts

Posted - Oct 19 2009 :  3:46:34 PM  Show Profile  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:

I was reading in The Book of Wisdom (vol.1) from Osho.. and thought of you, Ananda, when I stumbled upon these words:

"To be unenlightened is something that you have earned; great effort has been invested in being unenlightened. And continuously you have to go on making an effort to remain unenlightened. Just drop making any more efforts to remain unenlightened, and you are enlightened. Enlightenment is your natural state;it is what you are."

"If you have a desire for enlightenment, then enlightenment is never going to happen to you-never,never.
Because desiring is what prevents it, so enlightenment cannot be desired;that will be a contradiction in terms."

hello again Chrissy, to be honest with you i've been "tired" of the whole thing for a while now and even though a lot of times these days i do have thoughts of letting go of the whole process but i can't there's smthg within me which is always yearning and seeking and it literally burns sometimes...

simply put it's not in my hands now and the personal desire to become enlightened has sort of been transcended into the desire of being able of helping others.

i never really quite understood what Yogani said to me before (enlightenment isn't about ourselves, it's about everyone else) until the knot in my heart has loosened during this last week and along with it came this overwhelming sense of compassion.

but none the less i admit that i am a person who has a lot of shortages and i do need some help in order to overcome or accept or surrender...

and concerning what Osho said i agree, only when we are on our knees and only when we give up our own efforts "surrender"... great things happen.

a serendipity along the way is that this is how "Ananda" a very close disciple of the Buddha realized his own true self.

thank you dear one
Go to Top of Page

Ananda

3115 Posts

Posted - Oct 19 2009 :  4:14:31 PM  Show Profile  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:

dear Chrissy, as i said before not all people are so open minded and some of the people i interact with are simply put... and i know from where they come and it's an honor for me to be in the presence of such devoted and disciplined individuals they give me inspiration and fuel up my bhakti even more...

and i don't think that the emotion of being offended is a good way to do some descent inner self inquiry; that doesn't seem right and being offended is a feeling like all other feelings and a person can enquire on any kind of feelings they are always present.

i don't know why but a situation like that "feels" like saying hey i am right you're wrong this is why i am offending you now go enquire on what's wrong within you.

for example if i said that Osho or Maryam Nour or Jaggi Vasudev are fakes and they aren't real wouldn't that hurt the feelings of a lot of people...

God\The ALL\Truth\Allah is my own Guru and this is who i am.

i think that it's wrong for someone to come out of the blew without any introduction and just tell me that i am wrong about my personal beliefs and that my God doesn't exist... he can show his point of view in a descent and try to convince in a polite manner but not force it on me...

and i still don't see any contradiction between the p.s. and the loving acceptance; the loving acceptance is (let thy will be done not mine) and the p.s. was meant to escape a meaningless debate...

in gratitude for your kind presence sweet Christina(f)
Go to Top of Page

christiane

Lebanon
319 Posts

Posted - Oct 20 2009 :  02:31:35 AM  Show Profile  Visit christiane's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Dear Ananda,

You know very well how grateful I am to have you and 2 or 3 other souls as a friend in my present life.
This is why I feel even more concerned when something doesn't sound 'clear' to me.

I totally respect your choice to be 'polite' and to privilege a 'soft' approach (with an introduction) to tricky topics like God and religion..

Also, when you say "my beliefs", maybe it would be more accurate to say "my experience", "my living experience".. coz tell me if I'm wrong, but, for you and a bunch of other bright souls here, God is not a belief anymore.. it is an actual living experience!
And what has become our daily living experience, I think we can call it "our truth"!
So, here, I can't see any "offense" in sharing our truth with others..
Why would it include a "like saying hey i am right you're wrong this is why i am offending you now go enquire on what's wrong within you" feeling?!
If someone has a strong reaction 'against' my 'beliefs', what's the problem? He's the most welcome to express anything that comes through him!
Each one of us has a divine role to play..
If I am truly living my Truth, why should I be bothered by ANY reactions to my talks?!!!
And thank you for mentionning Maryam, Osho, Jaggi in this context..
it allowed me to 'test' my spiritual freedom..
and I can say to you that whatever one can say to me about those 3 masters in my life, I'm open to listen, with no intention of convincing anybody!
I wouldn't feel hurt coz Maryam, Osho, Jaggi are only mirrors, channels... I'm not identified or attached to those channels for they are pure emptiness! I cannot even grasp them to possess them and pretend they are "my truth"!
Whatever hurts inside is simply the proof that some frictions are happening in me, and the other who bugs me should have all my gratitude for allowing me to 'see' that I still have some resistance inside that needs to be cleared up..
That's why - and you know me fairly well for that - I'm not a 'polite' person in the sense that I will coat my truth in order not to offend others feelings/beliefs..
When the wave of Truth comes through 'me', and I had this experience when Maryam touched my ajna, "I" simply doesn't exist anymore when I talk..
I become a hollow bamboo that "sees" the truth around and cannot but unveil every lie, fake that covers it.. and I can say it is quite painful to cut through delusions around.. I felt like an instrument in the hands of the Truth for 5 days.. "I"/the ego was absent for 5 days.. all I could do is letting this energy flow and witness..

Sorry I went a bit beyond the main topic we were discussing but it's a natural extension..

So, in Loving Acceptance YES, and maybe we could say in Unconditional Loving Acceptance..

_/\_
Go to Top of Page

Sparkle

Ireland
1457 Posts

Posted - Oct 20 2009 :  07:00:29 AM  Show Profile  Visit Sparkle's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:

quote:
Originally posted by Sparkle

Thanks to Ananda and all

when 'nagging' comes from the heart of a bright loving soul, what else to expect in return?

Absolutely

When I can accept the way I am right now, with full body awareness, with no attachment or desire or expectation of how it might be otherwise. In this I give up all spiritaul notions of becoming something else, even of becoming vaguely happy, let alone enlightened.
Even if I am in misery right now, this is how it is right now - the deeper I can penetrate into this "right nowness" through the development of inner silence the more beautiful it can become, even misery in acceptance is beautiful.
If I don't look for anything and don't expect anything whilst - and this is so important - I engage in my regular practices - then peace and the ability to live a happy life will come on it's own.

Such is the paradox of sitting to meditate and having a purpose in doing this - and yet the practice of meditation is in itself, a dropping of this very purpose.
The challenge then is to extend this paradoxial shifting from purpose to no-purpose throughout the day.
Another description of samyama in daily practice, I guess.

Go to Top of Page

Anthem

1608 Posts

Posted - Oct 20 2009 :  10:08:17 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
The challenge then is to extend this paradoxial shifting from purpose to no-purpose throughout the day.
Another description of samyama in daily practice, I guess.

Hi Louis,

My experience with this is that there is still plenty of purpose happening, however without any attachment to the outcome. So I set out to do something, maybe to travel somewhere as an example and despite my efforts, sometimes I end us somewhere completely different than I originally intended. The internal change that I observe within from years past is that instead of getting upset in anyway about not reaching my original destination, I realize that where I actually ended up is just as good or even better.

So you end up moving around the world in whatever capacity while embracing/ accepting all outcomes.

Go to Top of Page

Ananda

3115 Posts

Posted - Oct 22 2009 :  3:00:24 PM  Show Profile  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:

Dear Ananda,

You know very well how grateful I am to have you and 2 or 3 other souls as a friend in my present life.
This is why I feel even more concerned when something doesn't sound 'clear' to me.

I totally respect your choice to be 'polite' and to privilege a 'soft' approach (with an introduction) to tricky topics like God and religion..

Also, when you say "my beliefs", maybe it would be more accurate to say "my experience", "my living experience".. coz tell me if I'm wrong, but, for you and a bunch of other bright souls here, God is not a belief anymore.. it is an actual living experience!
And what has become our daily living experience, I think we can call it "our truth"!
So, here, I can't see any "offense" in sharing our truth with others..
Why would it include a "like saying hey i am right you're wrong this is why i am offending you now go enquire on what's wrong within you" feeling?!
If someone has a strong reaction 'against' my 'beliefs', what's the problem? He's the most welcome to express anything that comes through him!
Each one of us has a divine role to play..
If I am truly living my Truth, why should I be bothered by ANY reactions to my talks?!!!
And thank you for mentionning Maryam, Osho, Jaggi in this context..
it allowed me to 'test' my spiritual freedom..
and I can say to you that whatever one can say to me about those 3 masters in my life, I'm open to listen, with no intention of convincing anybody!
I wouldn't feel hurt coz Maryam, Osho, Jaggi are only mirrors, channels... I'm not identified or attached to those channels for they are pure emptiness! I cannot even grasp them to possess them and pretend they are "my truth"!
Whatever hurts inside is simply the proof that some frictions are happening in me, and the other who bugs me should have all my gratitude for allowing me to 'see' that I still have some resistance inside that needs to be cleared up..
That's why - and you know me fairly well for that - I'm not a 'polite' person in the sense that I will coat my truth in order not to offend others feelings/beliefs..
When the wave of Truth comes through 'me', and I had this experience when Maryam touched my ajna, "I" simply doesn't exist anymore when I talk..
I become a hollow bamboo that "sees" the truth around and cannot but unveil every lie, fake that covers it.. and I can say it is quite painful to cut through delusions around.. I felt like an instrument in the hands of the Truth for 5 days.. "I"/the ego was absent for 5 days.. all I could do is letting this energy flow and witness..

Sorry I went a bit beyond the main topic we were discussing but it's a natural extension..

So, in Loving Acceptance YES, and maybe we could say in Unconditional Loving Acceptance..

_/\_

sweet Chrissy, that's beautiful and thank you for writing and sharing.

i know where you're coming from and this is your own personal beautiful way to deal with things and for some others well it simply is different.

the Truth should be shouted out i know that and well we all sort've doing it here pretty loudly the secrets of the suffies and the yogies are all out.

simply put to cut things short for the better; not all people are standing at the same place with the same backgrounds and not all people are ready to approach things the same way and we can keep on discussing which way is best but to be honest with you God will take care of that and even if there is a wrong he will correct it...

now i am sort of always standing on a crossroads between people like your friend Wael and people like the one's you said he's living among and i am trying to stabilize things and my Christian and islamic suffie backgrounds do help in that but what i noticed is that the way we express things do wonders and Truth can be expressed in more than one beautiful way and as the Quran Al Karim says: wherever you may roam there is the face of God.

really there's no better description than That.

hope you understood what i am aiming for and i will reply in the S.O.S post there's smthg that i've heard of which might interest Wael.

namaste (f)

Edited by - Ananda on Oct 22 2009 3:13:37 PM
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.11 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000