Satsang Cafe - General Discussions on AYP
 Lack of Bhakti/Ishta
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

escapado

Germany
88 Posts

Posted - Jul 15 2012 :  07:18:27 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hello friends and fellow seekers

Did you ever come to a point where you ask yourself why you actually do the practice routine except from an enhanced wellbeing?
Well I am at a point like this and I can't befriend myself with doing practices anymore although I keep on going. It feels like I lost the divine hunger (I authentically find this name fitting) and I can't seem to get it back or something like that :(
There is no real motivation although the frustration is there (in varying degrees). Or maybe there is motivation but it just doesn't *click*...
When high on bhakti meditation isn't just meditation it is a part of something bigger and it's not only about the comforting well being afterwards.
Even a big opening doesn't seem so important if the goal isn't there...

I don't ask a concrete question because what should I ask? How to find it again? Or if this will pass for sure? What can I do?
I think I'll just leave it there for you to answer maybe

I rely on you for now, since I know nobody who could help me out of this except you guys

maheswari

Lebanon
2516 Posts

Posted - Jul 15 2012 :  12:11:54 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
no dear you did not loose the divine hunger,otherwise you would not be here asking questions and worrying that you `lost`your bhakti ..it is just a phase -created by the mind that keeps on judging-and this phase will pass soon
just carry on...all will be good
TGIY
Go to Top of Page

Ananda

3115 Posts

Posted - Jul 15 2012 :  12:35:01 PM  Show Profile  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Dear escapado, this is very normal and we all go through it on and off. No worries bhakti will get back. We call this fasel soma wasel... I actually went through a similar phase not so long ago where my sheikh appeared and told me this would happen b4 it did but assured i will come back to the furnace again :D and my prayers and meditatioms felt empty of soul after this... But the love is back now... I would suggest reading some suffi poems on longing... Always puts me back in the furnace :-) all the best on ur path... All is well... Slowly but surely...
Go to Top of Page

AumNaturel

Canada
687 Posts

Posted - Jul 15 2012 :  4:16:40 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Sounds like you have had at least one good taste of something that translates into bhakti. Once you do, there's no looking back. No matter how much external distraction the mind may try to stir up, it is seen for what it is. Goals can be left for the mind if that's the only thing conductive to doing the routine. If you know what has helped develop a personal ishta or vision, a words in a book or some personal experience, that might lighten things up some.
Go to Top of Page

kevincann

USA
335 Posts

Posted - Jul 15 2012 :  10:30:06 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by escapado

Hello friends and fellow seekers

Did you ever come to a point where you ask yourself why you actually do the practice routine except from an enhanced wellbeing?
Well I am at a point like this and I can't befriend myself with doing practices anymore although I keep on going. It feels like I lost the divine hunger (I authentically find this name fitting) and I can't seem to get it back or something like that :(
There is no real motivation although the frustration is there (in varying degrees). Or maybe there is motivation but it just doesn't *click*...
When high on bhakti meditation isn't just meditation it is a part of something bigger and it's not only about the comforting well being afterwards.
Even a big opening doesn't seem so important if the goal isn't there...

I don't ask a concrete question because what should I ask? How to find it again? Or if this will pass for sure? What can I do?
I think I'll just leave it there for you to answer maybe

I rely on you for now, since I know nobody who could help me out of this except you guys

Friend,

the Self does what the Self does. The ego certainly has it's role
to play, but it's the Self who is the silent or not so silent drummer.

It's when we have to be all 'spiritual' that we are sometimes the
furthest away from balance. The Self manifests as all that we can
see and not see, and is joyful, whether in the form of a turd or the
form of a Buddha.

Bhakti in fact originates from a wonderful place, and the ebb and
flow is a normal thing and a wonderful thing.

Sometimes we need a little down time, so the Self can work on us
without all the poking and prodding that we are prone to do.

Also, the quiet times often come before the big bursts of activity,
where we enter a new phase in our relationship.

But all that said, having a consistent practice, whether we feel like
it or not, is a critical thing. The feelings will do what the feelings
do; they are just another sensory object sometimes; and sometimes
they are ecstatic conductivity of the most beautiful kind.

In either case, just plodding along quietly and with appreciation
for the opportunity we have to see Ourselves from a new angle,
while within the arc of time, is a real privilege.

Kev

Go to Top of Page

Radharani

USA
843 Posts

Posted - Jul 17 2012 :  7:31:11 PM  Show Profile  Visit Radharani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
don't worry, everyone goes through a "dry spell" from time to time. it will pass! just keep doing your daily practice and soon you may emerge into a whole new level.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000