AYPsite.org Forum
 Satsang Cafe - General Discussions on AYP
 Spiritual temperature on the rise?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Anthem

1608 Posts

Posted - Oct 13 2009 :  11:21:06 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Anyone observing these days that aside from the observed spread and increased open-mindedness in recent years to spiritual subjects and practices like meditation and yoga, that there also seems to be an intensification of awareness?

I have noticed that thoughts seem to be "louder" for lack of a better description for people in general. I have observed in family and friends more awareness of what issues they carry. It appears to be harder for people to hide from unbalanced thinking and beliefs and more suffering over thoughts like the "heat" is being turned up on thoughts really exposing them.

This can be viewed as positive in the sense that it gives people the opportunity to deal with issues that haunt them instead of running from them, but also more painful for people who are in denial or are now confronted with issues they would rather avoid.

Of course, I could be imagining the whole thing, but it feels like not only is spiritual energy on the rise, but it is on the rise at an accelerating pace.

This gives the rest of us who are heavy into practices the opportunity to really ride the wave.

Yonatan

Israel
849 Posts

Posted - Oct 14 2009 :  02:02:33 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Anthem,

Yeah I've also noticed that, in me it is more awareness of thoughts and like you say more (immediate) pain when not accepting my problems and mind issues when they arise.. And also like there is just no way to escape them (recently), and if I'm trying to then they just come back immediately (thoughts) with more force.. I don't know this could have been happening all the time but I guess now there is more awareness.

I have also noticed a need to surrender to the inner guru and Love, and if not doing this there is pain (immediate). But when doing this there is flow and joy and everything lines up exactly perfectly and there is love flowing.

In my country there is increased crime and not organized crime. Could be because of the "spiritual heat" and people not accepting their mind.

In my family there is more love..

Good topic!!

Yonatan

Go to Top of Page

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Oct 14 2009 :  08:16:54 AM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I remember, after being into spirituality for about 6-8 months, just experiencing slight cracks in the hard shell of "shoulds and should nots", just starting Katie's Work, and being at a ladies lunch, talking to them and suddenly realizing how spiritual all the ladies were. The same ladies who did not have an ounce of spirituality in them were suddenly talking in a very spiritual way. I remember telling Yogani about this and he saying, "I have never met a single being who is not spiritual".

Well now I realize this... we are all spiritual... becasue we all arise from the silence and the silence is our true nature... it's just that when we are not into meditation, we are oblivious to the fact that silence is within us, just a few thoughts away... not out there somewhere in the Himalayas or in some retreat...we miss the silence in us and in everyone else. Once we get a feel for our silence, we see the silence in everyone else.

It's not the world that is changing, we are changing, and now the whole world seems more conscious. It always was conscious, and now we see it.

People and us, may have always talked like they/we do now... with more open mindedness and awareness... but none of us were(are) in a place to see it... but when we realize the silence we see it.

It's like when we are in a bad mood... everyone around us seems annoying and grumpy, even if they are not aware of this... when we are happy the whole world seems happy (even if they are not aware of it)... like that when we are conscious... the whole world is conscious (even if they are not aware of it). This is one reason conscious/awakened people will never dismiss anyone as not capable of being enlightened. They are not trying to motivate anyone by saying "wake up".. they are telling them what they see.. an awakened soul who is lost in the cloud covers.

Sorry for babbling on...

... But I agree, overall the spiritual temperature is definitely on the rise.
Go to Top of Page

atena

113 Posts

Posted - Oct 14 2009 :  10:47:28 AM  Show Profile  Visit atena's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Spiritual temperature on the rise here, literally I have a fever, etc for a second day going on + extra profound openings. Been even more self involved than normally so haven't been observant of the world, but yes I agree too with this
Go to Top of Page

Etherfish

USA
3615 Posts

Posted - Oct 14 2009 :  11:04:26 AM  Show Profile  Visit Etherfish's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Wow, good post Shanti. it resonates with what I experience. I remember when anger first came out, I was wondering why everyone was angry! I made a note to try to figure this out. But then another time everyone seemed peaceful and happy. I was wondering if it was the neighborhood I was in! Ha ha.

But is especially resonates with me because I have never been one to want my life to be filled with spirituality. I have never felt a need to surround myself with spiritual people, or spend all my spare time reading about it. I just want to live a normal life in service to other people, and have my inner guru guide me.
This works very well, and the lessons I am guided to come from ordinary people, places, things. Often they are spiritual lessons coming from seemingly non-spiritual people, places, or things!

So I can see how people could be very misled by this happening: They could think this happens because I am special, or because my inner guru is higher than anyone else, or God had chosen me!
I bet there are hundreds of stories of "spiritual" people making these mistakes.

Or we can not make up stories that try to create "the truth" out of nothing!
Go to Top of Page

CarsonZi

Canada
3189 Posts

Posted - Oct 14 2009 :  11:16:29 AM  Show Profile  Visit CarsonZi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hey Anthem!

I have noticed something similar too and it's funny 'cause I have been contemplating starting this exact thread for about a week now.

What I have noticed around here, is that everyone I know seems to now be on the "fast track" to enlightenment....everyone seems to be actively engaged in Inquiry (or other practices that seem to be working for them) that is pushing them into an ever more spiritual existence. To me this seems "new" or "recent", but in reality I have a feeling that it is only my perception that has changed. We see what we want to see.

Love,
Carson

EDIT: Hahaha...just read your post Shanti....I think I basically said the same thing as you, just in less words

Atena....hope the fever gets better soon!

Edited by - CarsonZi on Oct 14 2009 11:19:48 AM
Go to Top of Page

emc

2072 Posts

Posted - Oct 15 2009 :  12:44:06 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Be the change you want to see in the world. /Gandhi

It's twofolded. We create our reality all the time - when we change our perception the world changes. AND we are all One - so when I change and wake up - the world WILL be affected by it and there WILL be a rise in spiritual heat globally.

Just as we sometimes enjoy going to see a Master, to get a boost in our awakening, we who are on the journey function as those boosters to our nearest whether we like it or not. Lower frequencies are attracted to refine and join a higher frequency if possible. I'm amazed over how many formerly sceptical friends of mine who are now into yoga and self-inquiry!

We are more people than ever waking up, so it is going faster and faster.
Go to Top of Page

Etherfish

USA
3615 Posts

Posted - Oct 15 2009 :  01:23:43 AM  Show Profile  Visit Etherfish's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
If the world changes every time our perception changes, how could we ever know what is really out there?
Go to Top of Page

emc

2072 Posts

Posted - Oct 16 2009 :  2:50:46 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
We trust the enlightened sages who claim there's a huge global awakening occurring right now...
Go to Top of Page

christiane

Lebanon
319 Posts

Posted - Oct 16 2009 :  3:27:44 PM  Show Profile  Visit christiane's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Etherfish

If the world changes every time our perception changes, how could we ever know what is really out there?

Love this question :)

When you come to know what is really IN HERE, you will probably realize that there's no OUT nor IN.. there is only OUTIN...
All is constant change..
You are not even a part of it.
you ARE in it, one within it, like the wave in the ocean.
Knowing what is really out there is not relevant..
It is an illusion anyway..
The only reality is THE SELF..
All that is finite is irrelevant..
When we get in touch with the infinite emptiness we all are,
there will be no question of knowing what is out there.
There will be no question of knowing anyway!
All will be there already :)
Oneness will simply become your perception, your natural vision..
Divisions comes from the mind.. because mind needs to divide to be efficient.. it is its job..

Go to Top of Page

Etherfish

USA
3615 Posts

Posted - Oct 16 2009 :  6:50:49 PM  Show Profile  Visit Etherfish's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
So that leads us back to square one: We have no way of telling if there is a huge global awakening; we only know what we are experiencing. Personally I think there is a huge global awakening happening, but there also was last year, several years ago, many years ago. It just takes time.
Go to Top of Page

christiane

Lebanon
319 Posts

Posted - Oct 17 2009 :  01:30:59 AM  Show Profile  Visit christiane's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply

I don't know if there is actually a global awakening..
though I share the same feeling as all of you when looking
at people around.. I can feel a shift is happening and things are going faster....in my perception at least :)

So, is the spiritual temperature on the rise?
I don't know!
I only hope it is!
Coz the whole world is really in need for more and more meditators to
counterbalance the chaotic energies we are witnessing.. from natural disasters to terrorism and other destructive intentions..
And if we listen to those awakened who are predicting a global shift with all the darkness that goes with it - regardless of the truthfulness of those predictions - it reminds us of our responsibility, each one of us. It reminds us that death can happen any moment..that death is the only certainty..
And this remembrance is essential for us. Personally, it's a great tool for me to bring me back to reality when I sometimes go astray in illusions and mind trips.

And any global disaster that could occur is nothing on the scale of the universe.. and what we label as 'disasters' are actually adjustments from Mother Nature..
Same goes for illness.. illness is a healing process in order to recover the natural balance of the body.
And instead of understanding this process and allowing it (to a certain extent of course) we go on declaring war against cancer, war against AIDS and any other 'enemy'..

Understanding is the key word..
Then comes acceptance, surrender and relief..

May the temperature rise even more :) we need it!

Love and Peace..
Go to Top of Page

Etherfish

USA
3615 Posts

Posted - Oct 17 2009 :  10:17:53 AM  Show Profile  Visit Etherfish's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Exactly how I feel. Actually I am a little dark in that I welcome destruction because it leads to starting new. Especially all the corruption being exposed in high places. It has always been there - but now it is being exposed more.

Actually I think there may be a split happening, caused by spiritual energy.
On one side people are awakening. On the other people are becoming more corrupt, violent, hateful.
I don't know if one side is bigger than the other.

Some people see the future as bright, wonderful, loving, enlightened.
Others see it as destruction of the whole world.
Is it possible that both of these could happen simultaneously? I think so.
It's all Maya.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.08 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000