Discussions on AYP Deep Meditation and Samyama
 pronunciation question
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

tom

Germany
7 Posts

Posted - Oct 13 2009 :  11:28:45 AM  Show Profile  Visit tom's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
For a non-native speaker in English, the pronunciation of mantras rendered in English is not always absolutely clear.

Is the AM in I AM spoken as an English "A", somewhat lake "ae"? Or is it a Spanish or German AM (similar to the vocal sound of "some").

Same in "namah" - is it pronounced nemeh or naemaeh, that is, as an English speaker would, or is it again a, well, "real a" as in "some" or "come"?

NSB

Australia
32 Posts

Posted - Oct 13 2009 :  8:26:35 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I am - sounds more like some, even more like Sam.

Go to Top of Page

Richard

United Kingdom
857 Posts

Posted - Oct 14 2009 :  11:28:47 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi tom It may help you to listen to the radio interviews with Yogani the early ones especially where you can hear him pronounce I-AM you can find them here http://www.aypsite.org/audio.html
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000