Metabolism slowing down
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

emc

2072 Posts

Posted - Jan 24 2008 :  2:31:26 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Meditation brings the metabolism and several body functions to just slow down. I notice for example decrease in heart rate, breathing, and digestion.

Firstly, I notice my breathing during meditation is going down for longer and longer periods. I have long breaks with no breathing, and when I breath, it's very, very short and shallow breaths, about the size of 5% of a normal breath, both on inhale and exhale, breathing like a bird. It can stay like that for the whole session sometimes with a few deeper sighs in between. Sometimes it starts during pranayama and it is also tricky to know how to handle pranayama during this condition... go with it or force longer, slower breaths? Any suggestion?

This of course also slows down the heart rate, and blood circulation is decreasing. At the end of the meditation, when I come out of it, I notice I am freezing cold. I had an idea I would be filled with warm, nice energies, and here I am clappering my teeth. Just wanted to check if this is just a phase or a sign of overdoing or something else? I guess I just have to start to prepare with a bunch of blankets!

The metabolism slowing down is tricky. I am seldom hungry after meditation. This means, that if I meditate before dinner, I don't eat afterwards. It seems to have an effect of gaining weight. Anyone recognizing this phenomena? How do you handle that? Excercise more?

Sparkle

Ireland
1457 Posts

Posted - Jan 24 2008 :  5:26:06 PM  Show Profile  Visit Sparkle's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi emc
I've been getting the breath thing also and find it alien to me since my main focus during meditation for many years has been my breath. So breathing less with short breaths seems wrong but it seems to allow great stillness.

The cold, I think is normal, the more we relax the more our body functions slow and the less heat generated. That is why you often see meditators wrapped in blankets up to their neck.

The same theory also applies to gaining weight, the more relaxed the less activity in the body, the less food we need - also happens with old age

Hope that helps, I'm sure you will lots of other perspectives.
Louis
Go to Top of Page

Kyman

530 Posts

Posted - Jan 24 2008 :  5:55:58 PM  Show Profile  Visit Kyman's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by emc

Meditation brings the metabolism and several body functions to just slow down. I notice for example decrease in heart rate, breathing, and digestion.

Firstly, I notice my breathing during meditation is going down for longer and longer periods. I have long breaks with no breathing, and when I breath, it's very, very short and shallow breaths, about the size of 5% of a normal breath, both on inhale and exhale, breathing like a bird. It can stay like that for the whole session sometimes with a few deeper sighs in between. Sometimes it starts during pranayama and it is also tricky to know how to handle pranayama during this condition... go with it or force longer, slower breaths? Any suggestion?

This of course also slows down the heart rate, and blood circulation is decreasing. At the end of the meditation, when I come out of it, I notice I am freezing cold. I had an idea I would be filled with warm, nice energies, and here I am clappering my teeth. Just wanted to check if this is just a phase or a sign of overdoing or something else? I guess I just have to start to prepare with a bunch of blankets!

The metabolism slowing down is tricky. I am seldom hungry after meditation. This means, that if I meditate before dinner, I don't eat afterwards. It seems to have an effect of gaining weight. Anyone recognizing this phenomena? How do you handle that? Excercise more?

Hi emc,

It is a profoundly different state than we were used to our entire lives, that's for sure. This relaxed state transfers to pranayama sessions, as well.

I've had the experience of waking up very cold, sometimes the feeling crawls over your entire body. It also percolates through out the body. On one or two occassions I was overcome by gitty laughter, as if joy became knotted up within.

In regards to weight and metabolism, there is some ebb in flow in my own experience. Not too much, but there are phases where my body naturally craves less solid food and more liquids (lose weight and tone up), and other times where I am a bit lethargic, eating more heavily (gain some weight, soften). The times where I am lethargic, there is a very groovy feeling inside. As if I am lounging around in the body's energetic buzz. It isn't a feeling I try to produce, it's just more like a lingering draft of pleasure. A feeling similar to when you first wake up in the morning, very cozy, almost don't want to get up out of bed, only through out the day and especially at times of relaxation.

Edited by - Kyman on Jan 24 2008 6:10:16 PM
Go to Top of Page

gumpi

United Kingdom
546 Posts

Posted - Jan 25 2008 :  03:50:43 AM  Show Profile  Visit gumpi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
EMC, excellent post and i can identify with it a lot. I guess i have the same questions. It's funny that the body becomes colder because i noticed that after i meditated i would feel nice warm sensations in my back.

I guess the only thing to do is to try to increase the duration of the breathless state, since this would raise the kundalini?

Go to Top of Page

david_obsidian

USA
2602 Posts

Posted - Jan 25 2008 :  10:34:30 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
EMC, for sure, use blankets. I do that almost always, unless it happens to be very warm.
Go to Top of Page

Jim and His Karma

2111 Posts

Posted - Jan 25 2008 :  11:15:48 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
EMC, this is a classic example of Yogani's energy vs silence dichotomy. Increasing silence lowers metabolism and drastically decreases breathing during meditation.Increasing energy brings heat. So your silence is currently expanding faster than your energy.

You can leave it alone (and put on a sweater and eat more lightly), and it will eventually all sort out on its own, or you can tinker a little by adding on a practice aimed at energy cultivation (e.g. siddhasana if you're not currently doing it, or one of the more advanced practices or tantric practices if you are).

I'm the other way. Too much damned energy. I could probably melt through a glacier during meditation, and all I'd really like is some serenity. But it's a LOT easier to raise energy from silence than it is to raise silence amid energy. And silence is the good stuff, anyway. So be happy! :)
Go to Top of Page

emc

2072 Posts

Posted - Jan 25 2008 :  4:09:52 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
"also happens with old age "

LOL! I don't want to understand what you might imply...

Kyman, "The times where I am lethargic, there is a very groovy feeling inside." Yes, can recognize that feeling! And the ebb and flow. It does change, now when you mention it! Haven't been aware of that clearly. Thank you!

Gumpi, yes, sometimes there's heat in the back, but more seldom now than before... Perhaps the high way is getting broader...?

David (and Louis), thank you for encouraging the blanket use! I will also add some tibetan guttural chanting and smoke some herbs on the balcony so that my neighbours knows for sure whaz up!

Jim, "So your silence is currently expanding faster than your energy. you can tinker a little by adding on a practice aimed at energy cultivation"

My, oh my! I never thought I would be suggested to ADD energy practices! Gosh! Thank you for that interpretation. Didn't see that either! I'm always so scared of overdoing... Hm... Would mantra enhancement increase silence or energy???????

Thanks a lot for your posts! Capture very much warmth and care from all of you!
Go to Top of Page

Jim and His Karma

2111 Posts

Posted - Jan 25 2008 :  9:29:19 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by emc

My, oh my! I never thought I would be suggested to ADD energy practices! Gosh!

Why's that? Do you feel like you have an overabundance? If so, I'm surprised you're feeling cold. If that's not the issue, I'm wondering what you mean. Much of AYP (and, even more, AYP Tantra) is about cultivating energy.

quote:
I'm always so scared of overdoing

The point of AYP, as I understand it, isn't "Don't Overdue!". Rather, it's "find the sweet spot between underdoing and overdoing."

quote:
Would mantra enhancement increase silence or energy???????

Not sure, I've not tried it myself. But, again,there are a ton of AYP practices for energy cultivation, plus the entire Tantra thing...

Edited by - Jim and His Karma on Jan 25 2008 9:30:23 PM
Go to Top of Page

Christi

United Kingdom
4429 Posts

Posted - Jan 26 2008 :  07:26:04 AM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi EMC and all,

I dont think the wiring under the bonet is as simple as that. Itäs just not as simple as, more energy means more heat, less energy means less heat, and someone who gets cold in meditation doesnt have much energy and needs more.

There is a complex set of nadis involved, and some produce the feeling of heat, and others the feeling of cold. Also when there is a lot of purification going on caused by large amounts of prana washing through the nadis, then the body can take energy away from some of the vital functions ...pumping blood, digesting food, breathing, etc. in order to give all the energy of the body to the transformation that is happeneing in the subtle nervous system.

So this kind of thing can just as easily be caused by a large movement of energy ...kundalini doing its thing in the system... as by a lack of energy. So be careful of adding energy increasing practices.

I would go with the blanket idea... and maybe a hot water bottle . But I wouldnt see it as a reason to necessarily cut back on your practices.

As for the weight gain thing... yes, as the digestion process slows down, the body does seem to put weight on, unless you take some active measures. Time to get your hot pants on and get your running shoes out!
Try running just before your sitting practices and see what happens! You may find it is like another level of practice.

Christi
Go to Top of Page

Jim and His Karma

2111 Posts

Posted - Jan 26 2008 :  09:10:36 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi, Christi,

Movement of energy doesn't increase or decrease heat in any ENDURING way (though anything's possible on a temporary basis). If you're cold as a general rule over time (as opposed to for a few hours or days), it's a safe bet that energy is low. It's not a nadi issue, it's quantity of energy, total. You can read about "yogic fire" in the texts of many lineages, there's an enormous body of literature on that. But it's always good to have other opinions in the mix!

quote:
Originally posted by Christi

So be careful of adding energy increasing practices.

I don't think EMC shows the slightest indication of needing to apply MORE caution in terms of adding energy practices. Actually, she seems nearly terrified about it. And while I myself am not nearly as interested in energy cultivation as Yogani is (not out of fear, but out of personal taste), AYP's philosophy (which you may, of course, disagree with) is that one is poorly served by an excess of caution as well as by an excess of boldness in adding practices - a great many of which are, indeed, designed to cultivate energy.

Edited by - Jim and His Karma on Jan 26 2008 09:44:28 AM
Go to Top of Page

Christi

United Kingdom
4429 Posts

Posted - Jan 27 2008 :  03:50:13 AM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Jim,

quote:
Hi, Christi,

Movement of energy doesn't increase or decrease heat in any ENDURING way (though anything's possible on a temporary basis). If you're cold as a general rule over time (as opposed to for a few hours or days), it's a safe bet that energy is low. It's not a nadi issue, it's quantity of energy, total

Absolutely. I agree with you that there are many kinds of energy in the world, and in terms of physics there is a relationship between energy and heat. So if someone is cold and they sit by a radiator, then they should warm up. Also if you give them a hot cup of tea, that will help. The radiator and the tea contain energy which is transferred to the body. But what hapens if someone is cold and is sitting in meditation and then they use a practice that is deliberately designed to cultivate and move energy in the body, say like sambhavi, kechari or siddhasana? How is that going to move energy? It will do, but only because of the subtle energy chanels in the body, or nadis. If these are blocked, there will be no movement of energy. So in this case, it is a nadi issue.
And, nadis work in mysterious ways.... some make the body feel hot, others cold. Large movements of prana through the nadi network when there is a lot of friction, causes the experience of heat (the yogic fire you refer to). The same movement of prana when there is little friction produces the experience of ectasy. When there is a lot of movement of prana in the central channel, and a lot of purification is happening, then the body can withdraw energy (physical and pranic) from the extremes, and from the vital functions and focus it on the purification process.

quote:
I don't think EMC shows the slightest indication of needing to apply MORE caution in terms of adding energy practices. Actually, she seems nearly terrified about it.

I'm not surprised she seems terrified about it. She seems to me to be pushing the envelope in terms of energy practices, and I think she has been for a long time. I would excersise caution if I were her. I think she will be fine, but I certainly wouldn't up the tempo at this point in order to heat the body with yogic fire.

Christi
Go to Top of Page

Echo

United Kingdom
48 Posts

Posted - Jan 27 2008 :  06:26:09 AM  Show Profile  Visit Echo's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I’ve been meaning to ask a question, but didn’t really want start a new thread, so I hope it’s Ok to ask it here.

I’m pretty new to AYP, but things seemed to have progressed very well. Regarding heat and cold, I tend to get pretty warm during pranayama, but cool down nicely during meditation. My question is about what I feel after my practice throughout the day. For the last several days, I have been getting continuous waves of like goose bumps up through my body and a kind of feeling of excitement in the abdomen. They are not hot or cold, but feel very pleasant. Is this prana moving around purifying my nervous system? Is it good thing, or is it a sign that I should cut back?
Go to Top of Page

emc

2072 Posts

Posted - Jan 27 2008 :  08:36:35 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Jim, "Why's that? Do you feel like you have an overabundance? If so, I'm surprised you're feeling cold."

Well... I do have ringing in my right ear pretty often, and eczemas bloom out very quickly when I'm overdoing. I often feel I balance on the edge all the time. Just a little extra samyama and I get itching arm pits. So, yes, it switches very quickly from being Ok to "oh, oh... better cut back again." I haven't yet been able to do regular tantra excercises without getting eczemas, so that is not for me.

Christi's warning seems valuable, then. "...this kind of thing can just as easily be caused by a large movement of energy ...kundalini doing its thing in the system... as by a lack of energy. So be careful of adding energy increasing practices."

"Time to get your hot pants on and get your running shoes out!"
Haha! And that's just what's going on in my life. I managed to get the gym open during lunch at my job, so that we can get some training, and my new partner is an athlete, inspiring me! All pointing to one thing... hehe...

Jim, "I don't think EMC shows the slightest indication of needing to apply MORE caution in terms of adding energy practices. Actually, she seems nearly terrified about it." *giggle* Yes, terrified! The story of IcedEarth is in the back of my head constantly!!!

Every third week or so, I can't do a whole 15 min session of "Lift up Chi" in my Zinheng qi gong class. I have to sit down with terrible nausea and vertigo. Then I'm hot. Afterwards it's like a draw back and the skin gets white and I start freezing... And during the days I'm often wearing a sweater more than the others in the room. A nice mix of both, as it seems!

Christi, "I'm not surprised she seems terrified about it. She seems to me to be pushing the envelope in terms of energy practices, and I think she has been for a long time. I would excersise caution if I were her. I think she will be fine, but I certainly wouldn't up the tempo at this point in order to heat the body with yogic fire."

Hehehe... it's pretty insteresting to read a discussion about me in third person. As it went on above my head while I sit like an invisible person beside. Please go on! I can add a few comments like a ghost now and then. I don't know if I push energies too hard by practices, though?

In the morning I do my practices on the tube, 2 min pranayama (with mulabandha and sambhavi), 7 min meditation, irregular samyama (one rep of the sutras) - if there's time and feels right. And 4-5 min rest. In the evening I try to increase that to 3-4 min pranayama, 15 min med, and two reps of the sutras in samyama. No sidhasana or other stuff. No asanas etc.
Once a week, 1 hr qi gong training, which I have heard should be very grounding, but that often brings very strong energies (?!?), and once a week a couple of hours very grounding ki-aikido training and shiatsu-healing training. I take 30 min walk every lunch, and go horseriding once a week. If I have lots of ear ringing or other symptoms I skip the qi gong as the first draw back.

Echo, the goose bumps and excitement is natural and perfectly ok. Just enjoy! It is prana moving around, purifying your system! All energy experiences are signs of that. It is very good, and cutting back is only necessary if you get uncomfortable symptoms such as irritation, anger, depresssion, eczemas etc.

Go to Top of Page

Echo

United Kingdom
48 Posts

Posted - Jan 27 2008 :  10:33:39 AM  Show Profile  Visit Echo's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:

Echo, the goose bumps and excitement is natural and perfectly ok. Just enjoy! It is prana moving around, purifying your system! All energy experiences are signs of that. It is very good, and cutting back is only necessary if you get uncomfortable symptoms such as irritation, anger, depresssion, eczemas etc.

Great! Thanks for the reply. I'm wonderful time with it.
Go to Top of Page

Jim and His Karma

2111 Posts

Posted - Jan 27 2008 :  11:54:32 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by emc

Jim, "Why's that? Do you feel like you have an overabundance? If so, I'm surprised you're feeling cold."

Well... I do have ringing in my right ear pretty often, and eczemas bloom out very quickly when I'm overdoing. I often feel I balance on the edge all the time.

Ah, ok, gotcha. There's not much headroom (I can relate). BTW, I'm (mildly) concerned about that assymetry...are you having other assymetrical energy issues?

quote:
Just a little extra samyama and I get itching arm pits. So, yes, it switches very quickly from being Ok to "oh, oh... better cut back again." I haven't yet been able to do regular tantra excercises without getting eczemas, so that is not for me.

Ah, yes, the itching armpits. It sounds like you're where I'm at. Hey, have you been working further on the front channel block move (i.e. throat dilation)? In my case, I'm quite sure block at and around front/throat is causing my problems...and I'm making good progress working at it, thanks to throat dilation. I think you reported in that thread that you tried it and felt some energy flow down the front. Any further progress?

Thanks for the additional info. As I said in my first reply, if you have reason to avoid more energy for the time being (and you do!!), then, by all means, I certainly would avoid further cultivation. But as for the cold...I'm completely stumped. How long has it been going on?

As for talking about you in third person, the original convention for online discussion was to consider the person starting a discussion only one among many people possibly replied to and discussed in that discussion (i.e. there's little notion of "thread ownership"). That convention is being supplanted by the blog discussion model, where people mostly address the thread-starter. Alas, I'm old school! :)
Go to Top of Page

Eitherway

USA
100 Posts

Posted - Jan 27 2008 :  2:26:31 PM  Show Profile  Visit Eitherway's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hey Jim & K,

Could you please elaborate on the throat dilation method. I have been having this real "fullness" type of energy in my head. I couldn't find a good explanation of the method in the prior discussions. Thanks
Go to Top of Page

Jim and His Karma

2111 Posts

Posted - Jan 27 2008 :  4:48:03 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Sure, EW. In a forum, the problem is that old posts are quickly buried by new ones, so stuff like this gets lost. It's at:
http://www.aypsite.org/forum/topic....OPIC_ID=3296

I hope this is helpful. Please feel free to reply there with any comments or reports, etc.
Go to Top of Page

emc

2072 Posts

Posted - Jan 28 2008 :  02:45:36 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Jim, you are pointing to an important thing. There's a lot of activity in the throat chakra right now, and in the thymus (upper heart chakra, turquose colour). I don't do your dilating practice more than occasionally. Perhaps I could try to do it more regularly to help releasing the block. Thanks for sharing your wisdom!

Edit:

I don't know what else would be counted as "asymmetrical" issues?! Example?

The chill has been going on only for a month or something (have a hard time keeping track of time these days). And it truly doesn't feel like "cold energy streams", like I can feel inside sometimes or in my face and clearly detect as "cold energy". I really just feel as if my whole body temperature is lower due to a decrease in body functions.

And Old school is fine! Thanks for explanation!

Edited by - emc on Jan 28 2008 08:08:24 AM
Go to Top of Page

Jim and His Karma

2111 Posts

Posted - Jan 28 2008 :  1:32:50 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Just a reminder: don't overdo the throat dilation.

Assymetry: ringing only in right ear.

Just curious: is the cold more on one side than the other?

I'm going to keep thinking about the cold. It's surprising. I'm wondering if Yogani will have anything to offer on that. FWIW, I'd make a distinction between that particular symptom and metabolism, in general. I, too, am finding it harder and harder to lose weight, and feel that metabolism has decreased. But I also feel pretty warm. And, yes, I'm aware of the apparent contradiction [helpless shrug]
Go to Top of Page

Steve

277 Posts

Posted - Jan 28 2008 :  1:50:04 PM  Show Profile  Visit Steve's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi EMC,

Have you checked your thyroid function?

Here is an easy test to determine if it is underactive?

This test is an excellent way to determine thyroid function using basal body temperature (the body's temperature at rest). If the thyroid is running low, the body's temperature will drop below normal while the body is at rest-sleep. This test is done by measuring the underarm temperature upon waking after a night's sleep. For accuracy, the test is performed five mornings in a row and then the mean average is calculated. The instructions for performing the test are as follows:

• The night before, shake down the thermometer (an oral glass thermometer only), and set it on the night stand next to the bed.

• Immediately upon waking, without raising your head from the pillow, place the thermometer under the arm.

• Leave thermometer under arm for 10 minutes.

• Move as little as possible in this process; you must remain flat on your back during this entire time otherwise the thyroid gland will be activated and a false reading will be taken.

• After ten minutes, remove thermometer and record temperature.

• The test is invalidated if you expend any energy just before recording the temperature, i.e. getting up for any reason, shaking down the thermometer, etc.

Test Results DATE Temperature
Day 1
Day 2
Day 3
Day 4
Day 5

To Figure Average: Total ____Divided by 5 = _____

A mean average temperature of between 97.8 and 98.2 degrees is considered normal.

If underactive perhaps some additional iodine in your diet from natural sources like kelp, dulse, seafood, etc. or therapeutically with something like atomiodine that was used in some of the Edgar Cayce protocols might be of help. I am not a doctor, but my fiance and myself have used this test to monitor our thyroid function in the past.

Steve

Edited by - Steve on Jan 28 2008 1:54:39 PM
Go to Top of Page

Jim and His Karma

2111 Posts

Posted - Jan 28 2008 :  1:52:45 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Shoulder stand is a great way to energize the thyroid, fwiw.
Go to Top of Page

Wolfgang

Germany
470 Posts

Posted - Jan 28 2008 :  2:00:55 PM  Show Profile  Visit Wolfgang's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I am interested on thyroid topics, I had one section of my
thyroid gland removed back in 1980 due to a diagnosed "cold adenom".
I never have taken any medicaments/supplements after the operation.
I very frequently have cold feet and cold hands and usually
low blood pressure.
Do you reckon that shoulder stands could help here ?

Wolfgang
Go to Top of Page

Kyman

530 Posts

Posted - Jan 28 2008 :  2:08:12 PM  Show Profile  Visit Kyman's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
So whenever I feel really cold, or unresistant to cold, with a clear distinction from how I often feel, my thyroid could be acting up in someway? Sometimes I wonder why I feel so chilly, and it isn't as if I have currents of cool energy coursing through my body. Sometimes it is just a terrible resistance to cold, and I stay bundled up a bit more.
Go to Top of Page

Sparkle

Ireland
1457 Posts

Posted - Jan 28 2008 :  2:58:38 PM  Show Profile  Visit Sparkle's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Years ago I learned that blue throat chakra energy is cold. I have experienced this from some healers, although most seem to be hot.

Go to Top of Page

emc

2072 Posts

Posted - Jan 28 2008 :  3:20:27 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Now this is a very interesting development of this topic!

Steve, thank you for putting me on the thyroid track! When I started to read the symptoms I recognized many of them!!! And I got very active energy movements in that area.

Now, the question is in what direction things go. I nowadays refuse to believe physical symptoms are anything but energy imbalances! Since meditation affects the whole system, and all chakras are linked to all the glands in the body, it might very well be that the energies are right now working a lot on the hypothalamus and pituitary gland - both rule the thyroid hormone production, causing all the symptoms. Those glands are associated to Third Eye Awakening, and that's what's happening quickly with me now. I have for example with more ease started to be able to see the aura and energy fields around persons. So the awakening of the ajna, throat blockage removal and thyroid symptoms seem to be linked........

Any thoughts on that from anyone?

Edited by - emc on Jan 28 2008 3:30:09 PM
Go to Top of Page

Steve

277 Posts

Posted - Jan 28 2008 :  4:06:25 PM  Show Profile  Visit Steve's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi emc,

I agree with what you have said. For sure, those areas of your spiritual-physical anatomy are currently undergoing very big transformations. The sustained cold-feeling may all normalize with time as the development proceeds. If you feel like it might be of benefit, you could self-test yourself for an iodine deficiency just to ensure that you are OK in that area.

I have copied a method for doing that from the following link http://altmedangel.com/iodine.htm There is some other thyroid information in addition to the self-test at that url. And you can find other references for the same self-test elsewhere on the web.

One note this self-test is not something you would want to do often as this form of iodine absorbed through the body on a frequent basis would not be that healthy.

How to Self-Test for an Iodine Deficiency

1. Dip a cotton ball into USP Tincture of Iodine. (You can get iodine at the drugstore for under $1.)

2. Paint a 2 inch circle of iodine on your soft skin, like the inner part of your thigh or upper arm.

3. Wait. -- If the yellowish stain disappears in less than an hour; it means your body is lacking crucial iodine and has soaked it up. If the stain remains for more than four hours, you iodine levels are fine.

Note: I have not personally used this self-test. However, a friend of mine who was losing her hair used it to diagnose an iodine deficieny. That is how I learned of it.

Steve

Edited by - Steve on Jan 28 2008 4:22:23 PM
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.08 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000