Kundalini - AYP Practice-Related
 Not able to control my emotions
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

SeekingShiva

USA
46 Posts

Posted - Oct 12 2009 :  6:32:31 PM  Show Profile  Visit SeekingShiva's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Namastey Fellow Yogi's and Yogini's,

I had posted this earlier too but at that time my problem was very small and now it is growing and growing and not sure whether it is physical symptom or mother kundalini manifesting some her virtues.

Nowadays I have immense and I really mean immense love/pain pour on me when I look up my kids, or talk about somebody going through pain or while just looking at my wife or while she is explaining me something I will go in tears and literally in tears. For last week it has increased in the point where I am listening to music and suddenly I will weep or read and email of agony and weep.

Being an adult male it is sometimes very embarrassing and my wife is saying you should consult doctor as you are really weeping a lot and sometimes feel that I just have this moment and I should grasp this moment to fullest and next I know I am weeping with joy

I do not feel that I am very advance in any of practices nor I am very religious so I am also questioning this happening. Although I do feel like going in a state where no body just bothers me.

Any suggestions or ideas?

Edited by - SeekingShiva on Oct 12 2009 6:55:49 PM

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Oct 13 2009 :  09:04:48 AM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Sounds like heart opening and some good purification going on. I would try to drop the conditioning we grow up with where men should not cry. If needed, remove yourself from the room and feel all the feelings arising, without attaching stories to the tears.. "I am crying because I am happy or sad or lonely or hurt".. "I should not cry because it is embarrassing or silly"... tears are pouring out.. emotions are running wild... you observe this.. don't become a part of it.. watch it.. don't suppress it... don't label it... just observe it. No attachment or aversion.. both of these will keep it more in place.. When you just let it be and feel it to its fullest.. it will go away.

Emotions arise when purification happens.. it is a layer being shed.. let the emotions flow out and be done with. If you try to resist it or reason with it or explain it.. it adds more layers/vasanas (impressions) that will have to be let go/purified later. So don't add anything more by attachment or aversion... we already have enough stored to purify... why add more to it?.. when purification is going on.. let the layer fall off rather than get rid of that layer but add another layer.

PS: Also, I would agree with your wife, if you have not had a physical done in a while, get one done. Sometimes high blood pressure/excess pressure in the head makes people over emotional.
Go to Top of Page

SeekingShiva

USA
46 Posts

Posted - Oct 13 2009 :  12:34:47 PM  Show Profile  Visit SeekingShiva's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Namastey Shanti,

You are so right. I had lots of pressure in my crown for a long time and I would dissolve it everyday by doing "Sankalpa" as well as doing lower chakra breathing but I never ever thought that this may be raising my blood pressure.

My blood pressure was off the roof so I am taking some medication and hopefully my emotions will also come down too.

Rest in terms of the emotions, I cannot explain how much tears of joy/sorrow are there even on a simple smile of my son (5 months old) make me literally weep. I do not mind them and I do sometimes do get sometimes attached as I feel or try to analyze why I am crying?

I will try to not to attach to any of these emotional ups and down.

Once again thanks and AYP forums are really helpful.

Thanks to Yogani too.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000