Kundalini - AYP Practice-Related
 Symptoms after missing practice?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

BellaMente

USA
147 Posts

Posted - Oct 08 2009 :  10:15:06 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Does anybody have overload/energy symptoms after missing a session? I thought it was supposed to be the other way around...

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Oct 09 2009 :  07:43:11 AM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi BellaMente,
I have experienced this too. My thinking is, when you find a stable routine, your system sorta gets used to the energy and the distribution of energy and the integration of the energy and silence etc thru practices. When this routine is disrupted, there can be some overload.

Also, did you feel the overload after the missed session or after you did the full session following the missed session?
If this was the case, maybe easing back into the full session may be a good idea.
Self Pacing ... Cut back or Pick up ?
Go to Top of Page

CarsonZi

Canada
3189 Posts

Posted - Oct 09 2009 :  10:57:47 AM  Show Profile  Visit CarsonZi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi BelleMente...

This one has confused me before too.

I used to have problems sometimes fitting in both my practice sessions on the weekends, and there were occassions where I found myself completely overloaded, but had not done any practices since the afternoon before.... This always confused me, but I would just work myself back into it at my next session. I found that it was best to not do a completely full session after missing one that caused overload. So, for example, if you are doing 10 minutes of SBP, 2 minutes of Yoni Mudra Kumbhaka, 20 minutes of DM and 5 minutes of Samyama regularly, I would do 5 minutes of SBP, no Yoni Mudra, 20 minutes (maybe 15) of DM, and 1 round of Samyama sutras....and then upon your next session, going back to your regular routine. I found this helped to re-stabalize me when overloaded from missing a practice. Hope this helps a little.

Love,
Carson
Go to Top of Page

BellaMente

USA
147 Posts

Posted - Oct 09 2009 :  11:48:37 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I missed the first practice yesterday and I had some overload symptoms before the next session. I wish I would have seen these replies last night! I doubled my second practice thinking I would make up for the first one and I couldn't sleep very well- I could feel the energy pulsating in my body, I woke up with paralysis 8 times and experienced weird states of consciousness and out of body stuff going on . It wasn't too bad though, I still got some sleep...
Go to Top of Page

CarsonZi

Canada
3189 Posts

Posted - Oct 09 2009 :  12:00:34 PM  Show Profile  Visit CarsonZi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Just take it easy BelleMente....less is more....

I would do half of your sadhana for the next day or two just to level things out, and then gently increase back to your usual practice. Just one person's suggestion though

Love,
Carson
Go to Top of Page

Lacinato

USA
98 Posts

Posted - Oct 10 2009 :  11:42:11 AM  Show Profile  Visit Lacinato's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you for bringing this up. I hadn't realized it, but I had noticed it as well. Seems like the best thing is to ramp up *or* down slowly, always.

quote:
Originally posted by BellaMente

Does anybody have overload/energy symptoms after missing a session? I thought it was supposed to be the other way around...

Go to Top of Page

BellaMente

USA
147 Posts

Posted - Oct 15 2009 :  8:10:26 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks Carson! I am going to have to do that from now on (even though I really don't mind some of the overload symptoms ..)

Your welcome Lacinato

By the way is there anything I should do if the energy goes to my crown BESIDES not focus on it? Today there was a lot of energy there and I stopped my DM because I didn't want anything to burst out of my head... But there was no pressure...
Go to Top of Page

Christi

United Kingdom
4429 Posts

Posted - Oct 15 2009 :  8:23:52 PM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi BellaMente,

Activity at the crown is a normal part of the kundalini awakening process and is (in itself) nothing to worry about. The AYP practices are actually designed to activate and open the crown gently. If you do practices which focus on the crown, then it can open too soon or too fast, hence the advice not to focus on it too much. Occasionally people experience uncomfortable sensations due to excessive purification combined with an overactive crown chakra. When this happens the usual application of self pacing works well.

Christi
Go to Top of Page

BellaMente

USA
147 Posts

Posted - Oct 15 2009 :  8:30:46 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Yea,I figured it was harmless, that is what I got from my other post, but I figured since all this stuff is so new to me that I could have been overdoing it or maybe not doing spinal breathing the right way or something and it wasn't supposed to be there...

So no matter how fast it might seem, I should just trust the process without worrying I might go crazier than I already am, let go and surrender?

If the energy goes there, does that automatically mean the crown is going to open?
Go to Top of Page

Christi

United Kingdom
4429 Posts

Posted - Oct 15 2009 :  8:46:17 PM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Bellamente,

quote:
So no matter how fast it might seem, I should just trust the process without worrying I might go crazier than I already am, let go and surrender?

You sound pretty sane to me. The general rule of thumb is that if you are experiencing anything that feels uncomfortable, or worrying or painful, then you should cut back on your practice times until you reach a stable level where you feel comfortable about the rate you are progressing. If you are not experiencing those things then yes, trust the process and move forward.

quote:
If the energy goes there, does that automatically mean the crown is going to open?

If energy is going up to the crown then it is a sign that the crown is being purified, along with the branch of the sushumna nadi which passes up through it. This is the Brahma nadi, or Amrita nadi which I think you mentioned in another thread. When enough purification has happened at the crown then the crown will begin to open.
Go to Top of Page

BellaMente

USA
147 Posts

Posted - Oct 16 2009 :  3:40:39 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks Christi
Go to Top of Page

takeitez

USA
3 Posts

Posted - Oct 17 2009 :  12:14:04 AM  Show Profile  Visit takeitez's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I've had the same problem
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000