Satsang Cafe - General Discussions on AYP
 Accepting the Mind
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Yonatan

Israel
849 Posts

Posted - Oct 10 2009 :  6:09:30 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hi,

Today during meditation I had a lot of fear from the mind.. These last days there was a lot of fear of going into deep meditation, but I did try even though I had the fear.. it created a kind of a struggle between the habit of going in and the mind not accepting and wanting to go back out with intense fear..

Anyway to day was this fear, but I could go in very deeply for some reason. But when I came back out, I started "screaming" in my mind "I can't do this" "enough", and all this fear came out in the form of screaming in my mind..

Now for a couple of years.. I had these arguments with my mind.. it started after a "breakdown", when these thoughts would start to come in, very scary thoughts and scenes, which I've never before imagined. So this inner struggle between these thoughts and other thoughts started.. And later after a while I began automatically starting to watch my mind with intense attention because of fear, and also started doing "neti neti" (not relational), and objecting to the thoughts with other thoughts.

This habit continued until today, but today after my mind calmed down a little I saw exactly how I react with thoughts towards other thoughts..

I think if I want the mind to "work with me" I have to "work with the mind" Accept it, and let it happen as it is..

In Love and Acceptance.

Yonatan

christiane

Lebanon
319 Posts

Posted - Oct 10 2009 :  7:59:06 PM  Show Profile  Visit christiane's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Yonatan

In Love and Acceptance.

I bow down to that.

_/\_ thank you.

Edited by - christiane on Oct 10 2009 8:14:55 PM
Go to Top of Page

Ananda

3115 Posts

Posted - Oct 11 2009 :  10:36:40 AM  Show Profile  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
In loving acceptance welcome suffering and welcome joy... "thy will be done, not mine."

this is the key to inviting God's\Truth's grace into our lives.

namaste brother Yonatan and i kind of learned this the same way you did
Go to Top of Page

Yonatan

Israel
849 Posts

Posted - Oct 11 2009 :  10:51:26 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Go to Top of Page

miguel

Spain
1197 Posts

Posted - Oct 11 2009 :  12:00:02 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Stick with it jonatan (if there is no overload).Some inner layers of fear.
dm,inquiry and bhakti will guide you.
It will pass also.
with you,inthe distance
Go to Top of Page

Yonatan

Israel
849 Posts

Posted - Oct 11 2009 :  4:16:24 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Yes.. Right now after zen meditation in the sangha I go to, I feel really better, much more flowing.. Thanks..

Yonatan
Go to Top of Page

Lacinato

USA
98 Posts

Posted - Oct 11 2009 :  5:40:59 PM  Show Profile  Visit Lacinato's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
>I think if I want the mind to "work with me" I have to "work with the >mind" Accept it, and let it happen as it is..

I keep getting that lesson, too.
Go to Top of Page

Anthem

1608 Posts

Posted - Oct 12 2009 :  12:12:06 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Nice realization Yonatan.

Arguing with thoughts only serves to perpetuate them. Acceptance allows them to dissipate.

The mind isn't personal though it can seem that way, thoughts come and go, they are like objects or voices that can only rest with acceptance. Meeting those fearful thoughts with loving acceptance, appreciating the value of their message, even when that message is based on misguided good intentions, welcomes them home so that they can rest and "we" can be whole.

Fear is a dear friend that wants the best for us but is just confused about how that should happen. Or at least that's the way it is seen here at the moment.
Go to Top of Page

Yonatan

Israel
849 Posts

Posted - Oct 12 2009 :  07:21:45 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000