Discussions on AYP Pranayama, Mudras and Bandhas
 Doubt
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

mystiq

India
62 Posts

Posted - Dec 15 2005 :  01:02:34 AM  Show Profile  Visit mystiq's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Dear friends, I am new to AYP but Im very impressed I have started meditation for the past few days and its nice. I am sitting crosslegged on the bed. At the end of the session feet get a bit cramped but guess it will go away after some time. I started the pranayama slowly, baby steps, my doubt is that I have a tendency to do a few pranayam breaths maybe 3 or 4, when Im in office and at places where there is some quiet. Is this OK? or is it counterproductive and should be done only during the pre meditation session. I am asking because some caution was mentioned in the lessions. Can someone enlighten me?

mystiq

Edited by - AYPforum on Feb 05 2007 8:53:59 PM

Richard

United Kingdom
857 Posts

Posted - Dec 15 2005 :  08:33:55 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by mystiq

Dear friends, I am new to AYP but Im very impressed I have started meditation for the past few days and its nice. I am sitting crosslegged on the bed. At the end of the session feet get a bit cramped but guess it will go away after some time. I started the pranayama slowly, baby steps, my doubt is that I have a tendency to do a few pranayam breaths maybe 3 or 4, when Im in office and at places where there is some quiet. Is this OK? or is it counterproductive and should be done only during the pre meditation session. I am asking because some caution was mentioned in the lessions. Can someone enlighten me?

mystiq

Tempting isnt it Pranayama is very powerfull, more than you realise at first and the results can be delayed, so its best to keep it just at your meditation sesions.

Keep it up

RICHARD
Go to Top of Page

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Dec 15 2005 :  09:02:47 AM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Mystiq,
I had the same problem. I would do my spinal breathing every now and then during the day. I had asked Yogani the same question. He told me not to do it. I will quote what he told me..."Also, spinal breathing, while stabilizing, is not designed for use throughout the day, and when used that way could be contributing to excess emotional energy in meditation and at other times too. If you would like to do some pranayama during the day for relaxation, consider doing simple nadi shodana (alternate nostril breathing). While it is not covered in the online AYP lessons, it is in the AYP book, and can also be learned almost anywhere, including many places online. It is suggested you keep the spinal breathing for your sitting practice routine only. "
I hope this helps.
-Shanti.

Edited by - Shanti on Dec 15 2005 10:00:48 AM
Go to Top of Page

mystiq

India
62 Posts

Posted - Dec 15 2005 :  11:39:11 AM  Show Profile  Visit mystiq's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanx a million

mystiq
Go to Top of Page

mystiq

India
62 Posts

Posted - Dec 18 2005 :  11:26:43 AM  Show Profile  Visit mystiq's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Even though I am new at AYP, I have been doing asanas and kapalabhatti kriya for some years.I would like to know wether I can continue doing these asanas, kapalabhatti and alternate nostril breathing along with AYP practices

mystiq
Go to Top of Page

AYPforum

351 Posts

Posted - Feb 05 2007 :  8:53:59 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Moderator note: Topic moved for better placement
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000