Kundalini - AYP Practice-Related
 What to do, what to do...
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

BellaMente

USA
147 Posts

Posted - Sep 26 2009 :  11:34:41 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hey guys, I got another question...

Since I posted the topic on the pressure in my throat, I have cut my DM practice down to the regular twice a day routine. It's been only 9 days and I feel that I have already made so much progress.

I just finished my meditation session. My awareness was expanded like usual, but then I noticed I felt some pressure in my head, near the top - not uncomfortable pressure but enough pressure to make me stop meditating for fear of a premature crown opening. Right now I can feel very strong pressure in my throat area. It's not to uncomfortable but I don't know if it will get any worse. My question is, if kundalini rises in my head, how can I prevent a crown opening? Is there a way? If I feel it at the very top of my head what do I do?

By the way, I have no other symptoms at all of awakened kundalini. Nothing strange either except for a couple nights ago when I stayed up late reading through all these forums like a mad woman after my DM session, and when I went to bed my awareness was expanded like in meditation and I couldn't sleep. I would drift off to sleep and would wake back up like 2 seconds later, and I was kind of scared I would have some crazy mind blowing experience, and I was trying not to be scared. The last bout of drifting off and waking back up, I noticed I couldn't move my body and I tried yelling to my partner but I couldn't, I was paralyzed. I felt a pulsating vibration in my body- I knew I could probably astral project and leave my body if I wanted but I had this intense fear thinking I would run into some astral entity or something (I know fear attracts them but I couldn't help it!!) and I forced myself back and was able to move again, and it was strange- the fear had completely disappeared. Then I went to sleep and woke up fine, although a little sluggish...And then the day before yesterday I went out salsa dancing and had that same heightened awareness - when I started to drink my glass of white wine I had strong pressure in my throat, like some kind of repulsion! But I was able to drink 3 glasses and was fine, and it was even a different type of buzz with this expanded awareness, but I slept fine. (I skipped my meditation that night, I didn't mean to but I figured since the night before I was having some symptoms it would be like cutting back.) Then yesterday, I cut my second meditation 10 min short to go to a white sox/tigers game and my awareness was again expanded and I again drank and still had this different awareness, but I slept fine.... So I really don't know if this stuff is kundalini related or just heightened awareness from meditating, but I do want to know in case I do have a kundalini awakening soon, what to do to keep the energy away from the crown!!

Thank you all in advance!

P.S. I love this place!!

solo

USA
167 Posts

Posted - Sep 27 2009 :  01:27:35 AM  Show Profile  Visit solo's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
This is easier said than done, but continue meditating , self pace, and try not to worry or even think too much about your practice (it is easy to get mentally consumed with this stuff). Try to enjoy the experience and learn from the really seasoned posters (the ones that have made a couple thousand of posts).

As someone that is not all that knowledgeable myself, this is the best advice I can give you.

Enjoy your practice and keep posting!
Go to Top of Page

Ananda

3115 Posts

Posted - Sep 27 2009 :  02:59:42 AM  Show Profile  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
hi Bellamente and hello Scott,

concerning what you're going through dear Bellamente i sort of been through the same stuff in the past and i wish i had someone to give me some good advise back then concerning the whole thing but anyways that's my karma...

So okay first you should practice active surrender with the whole thing; don't make a big deal out of it...

second concerning fear of crown, it's a good thing if it's opened via deep meditation and i suggest you practice spinal breathing pranayama(http://www.aypsite.org/41.html) from root to third eye to get a good handle on the crown and the energy movements in the body.

concerning the throat, Chin Pump lite should take care of it (http://www.aypsite.org/144.html)

concerning fear from the paralyzing effect and the fear of entities and astral projection... well to be honest with you and after one hell of a very long trial with this... the entities are pockets of fear within us and you feed them when you fear them (this means that you're not letting go of the fear...)

my advice is loving acceptance; when the paralyzing effect and the over board fear (i know how that feels like) happens my advice for you is (if you want to get rid of that pocket of fear "issue" once and for all) just be still and watch yes watch the fear and don't be afraid and even if you encounter a dark entity or a whatever entity don't be afraid just accept it and surrender and suddenly by grace you'll see how it melts in you and then you'll experience peace and release "Ahhh..."

if you don't want the thing happening from the beginning it's your choice and it takes more effort and i can help you with that in private but my advise for you is to take the first approach that way you won't have to go through the same thing later...

and the samadhi (ever growing awareness) you're experiencing brings the experience of intense fear with it as well; it brings powerful purification first and scd the ego is trembling like hell and doesn't wanna go down to the heart and melt and fear pockets are means for it to protect itself and it's existence...

but the ego always wants to do smthg that's his strategy of survival; so while at it tell yourself what if i let go of the whole thing and see what happens that way the ego will help you in your act of surrender...

practice and "surrender to the process" are all what you have to do, and you don't have to be put down to your knees like i was to learn this the hard way just go for it...

let go and let God...

namaste,

Ananda
Go to Top of Page

BellaMente

USA
147 Posts

Posted - Sep 27 2009 :  9:15:53 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks solo and Ananda!

Are you sure I should start SB and the chin pumps so soon? I have only been meditating regularly for a little over a week.... I don't want to have any energy problems....

So you are saying if the energy goes to the top of the crown in DM then just leave it alone? So when it happens in meditation it isn't a premature crown opening, right?

I know about the fear - but it's so hard sometimes! Last night I was having the same problems and then I just let the fear go and I fell asleep right afterwards....

Go to Top of Page

Ananda

3115 Posts

Posted - Sep 28 2009 :  01:08:08 AM  Show Profile  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
hi Bella, don't worry about the whole thing actually good things seem to be happening since you are responding so early on to the practices.

i think it's fairly safe for you to do 5 minutes of spinal breathing that should do you good actually taking in consideration that you seem from the sensitive type to practices that is...

concerning the chin pump nope it's not smthg you should do this early on...

and an advise on meditation just let go of the whole process without judgment and focus on the mantra... everything will open up by itself (crown included) but of course you shouldn't let your attention wander at the crown if it's attracted toward there...

and in case a premature opening happens don't worry it's not such a big deal spinal breathing via root to ajna will take care of the whole thing... but of course that doesn't give you a license to work on the crown so early bcz that would bring overloading symptoms.

stay between the root and ajna! and self pace as necessary and i suggest running as the most useful method for self pacing...

concerning the Fear! again let go and let God... all you have to do is accept and be a witness to the whole thing and by grace it will work out by itself...

love,

Ananda
Go to Top of Page

BellaMente

USA
147 Posts

Posted - Sep 28 2009 :  3:27:04 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you again Ananda! I will add the SB today... Also, I noticed that the throat pressure hasn't been strong at all lately, so that's a good thing.

Another thing I've noticed is that the pain killers don't seem to effect me anymore. It's not from my tolerance or from weaning myself off them because I took half a pill today (which is a lot stronger than what I have been taking) and it did nothing! A week ago a half pill was very strong for me and I could feel it. I also took a half pill Friday and didn't feel it's effects. So I think maybe the prana or kundalini is a lot stronger in my body than the medicine or either it is clearing it out of my system at a rapid rate (which would explain the several days I woke up sluggish and sore.)

But this is a good thing! Now that I can't feel it's effects I'll never need to take it again! But I am not taking the chance of going through withdrawals so I will continue to wean myself off just in case...

Go to Top of Page

Christi

United Kingdom
4429 Posts

Posted - Sep 28 2009 :  6:25:28 PM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by BellaMente

Hey guys, I got another question...

Since I posted the topic on the pressure in my throat, I have cut my DM practice down to the regular twice a day routine. It's been only 9 days and I feel that I have already made so much progress.

I just finished my meditation session. My awareness was expanded like usual, but then I noticed I felt some pressure in my head, near the top - not uncomfortable pressure but enough pressure to make me stop meditating for fear of a premature crown opening. Right now I can feel very strong pressure in my throat area. It's not to uncomfortable but I don't know if it will get any worse. My question is, if kundalini rises in my head, how can I prevent a crown opening? Is there a way? If I feel it at the very top of my head what do I do?

By the way, I have no other symptoms at all of awakened kundalini. Nothing strange either except for a couple nights ago when I stayed up late reading through all these forums like a mad woman after my DM session, and when I went to bed my awareness was expanded like in meditation and I couldn't sleep. I would drift off to sleep and would wake back up like 2 seconds later, and I was kind of scared I would have some crazy mind blowing experience, and I was trying not to be scared. The last bout of drifting off and waking back up, I noticed I couldn't move my body and I tried yelling to my partner but I couldn't, I was paralyzed. I felt a pulsating vibration in my body- I knew I could probably astral project and leave my body if I wanted but I had this intense fear thinking I would run into some astral entity or something (I know fear attracts them but I couldn't help it!!) and I forced myself back and was able to move again, and it was strange- the fear had completely disappeared. Then I went to sleep and woke up fine, although a little sluggish...And then the day before yesterday I went out salsa dancing and had that same heightened awareness - when I started to drink my glass of white wine I had strong pressure in my throat, like some kind of repulsion! But I was able to drink 3 glasses and was fine, and it was even a different type of buzz with this expanded awareness, but I slept fine. (I skipped my meditation that night, I didn't mean to but I figured since the night before I was having some symptoms it would be like cutting back.) Then yesterday, I cut my second meditation 10 min short to go to a white sox/tigers game and my awareness was again expanded and I again drank and still had this different awareness, but I slept fine.... So I really don't know if this stuff is kundalini related or just heightened awareness from meditating, but I do want to know in case I do have a kundalini awakening soon, what to do to keep the energy away from the crown!!

Thank you all in advance!

P.S. I love this place!!

Hi Bellamente,

Some great advice there. I just wanted to add something about premature crown openings. Usually these are caused by targetted spiritual practices which involve the crown chakra directly. AYP does incorporate direct crown practices, but these come later on in the lessons and there is a long "testing" process first to make sure enough general purification has taken place in the rest of the body.

Usually, when kundalini awakens through AYP practices it is not premature. This is because the practices themselves are designed to bring about body-wide purification, and it is this purification which causes the kundalini to awaken. Experiencing sensations in the crown chakra is a normal part of the process of awakening and is not a sign, of itself, that a premature awakening is on the cards.

Christi
Go to Top of Page

BellaMente

USA
147 Posts

Posted - Sep 29 2009 :  6:54:57 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Okay, that makes sense... Thanks Christi for clearing that up!

So, I have added the SB and I don't think I am doing it right. It is hard for me to visualize the tube and it's even harder to keep my attention fixated on this tube that I can't visualize while I am trying to coordinate my breath along with it. Any advice on this?

Go to Top of Page

Christi

United Kingdom
4429 Posts

Posted - Sep 29 2009 :  7:12:05 PM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi BellaMente,

I have been practicing spinal breathing for around 4 years now, and I have never been able to visualize a tube. Some people are not so good at visualizing things. What I do is I simply bring my attention to the perineum and then as I breathe in I allow my attention to rise up the spine to the centre of my head, and then forwards to the brow as I finish inhaling. Then the reverse on exhale. If it is difficult to co-ordinate the movement of the attention with the breath, then I jump with my attention either to the brow or to the perineum depending on which way I am heading. It's not nearly as hard as it sounds.

Christi
Go to Top of Page

BellaMente

USA
147 Posts

Posted - Sep 29 2009 :  9:49:30 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Okay thanks again Christi. It was easier today, I think I just got to get used to it.

I just realized something. This has happened several times in meditation but before today I was very startled by it and I freaked out every time it would happen..

I am deep in meditation and all of a sudden something pulls on my top head, like something is sucking me up somewhere. I didn't know what it was before, I just knew it felt like I was about to go to far up somewhere, but I finally realized that this was what had been going on because instead of attaching an emotion to it I was just aware and for the first time wasn't scared. But the sucking feeling disappeared and when I looked at the clock it was time to finish...

Does anybody know what that pulling/sucking is?

Go to Top of Page

Christi

United Kingdom
4429 Posts

Posted - Sep 30 2009 :  03:29:51 AM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Bellamente,

The sucking/ pulling sensation is an aspect of the open crown chakra. This sensation can be felt whether the crown is down or raised up. The crown chakra, when it is open like this, has a tendency to draw our attention, especially when we are deep in meditation. The problem is, that if we take our attention to the open crown during meditation, or other spiritual practices, it can have a very strong effect on kundalini rising from the perineum. It is easy to get out of balance on an energetic level and find that we are spending a lot of time in recovery mode.

The simple answer to the problem is to follow the procedures for practice during our practices. So during spinal breathing pranayama, simply follow the route between the perineum and the third eye, and back again. During meditation, pick up the mantra when you are off it, and when you are in silence, be in silence. If there is activity at the crown... swirling, raising, sucking, whatever... just let it be as it is without putting your attention directly on that.

Staying active in daily life is important when the crown is active like this, as it can have an ungrounding effect on the body. As you follow the AYP lessons through, there are practices later on for working with the crown, and eventually you will be going there directly as part of your daily routine. The timescale depends entirely on you and what you feel comfortable with. Right now I would say, become stable with spinal breathing between root and brow, as it is really the cornerstone on which to build crown practices later if you choose that route.

You may find this thread useful:
http://www.aypsite.org/forum/topic....ID=1607#1607

Christi
Go to Top of Page

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Sep 30 2009 :  07:52:41 AM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by BellaMente

I just realized something. This has happened several times in meditation but before today I was very startled by it and I freaked out every time it would happen..

I am deep in meditation and all of a sudden something pulls on my top head, like something is sucking me up somewhere. I didn't know what it was before, I just knew it felt like I was about to go to far up somewhere, but I finally realized that this was what had been going on because instead of attaching an emotion to it I was just aware and for the first time wasn't scared. But the sucking feeling disappeared and when I looked at the clock it was time to finish...

Does anybody know what that pulling/sucking is?

Hi BellaMente,
When I started meditation, this was a very common occurrence for me. Anytime I went deep into meditation, I had this pull in my head that would jerk me out of meditation and I would be almost in a state of panic for a few seconds/minutes.. like when you wake up from a nightmare. I had talked about it a lot at the forum, but no one really knew what was up. I still don't know what it was. It stayed with me for at least a couple of years. Then not sure when it went away. It is a part of some kind of opening I think and does go away.
Go to Top of Page

CarsonZi

Canada
3189 Posts

Posted - Sep 30 2009 :  10:32:35 AM  Show Profile  Visit CarsonZi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi BelleMente....

I too went through a period of "sucking" feelings on both the top of my head and at the root as well. It was expressed to me at the time that this was likely an indicator of needing to pace oneself. Not sure if it will mean that for you, but it meant that for me. If you are having any kind of uncomfortability either in or out of meditation due to this, I would consider taking it a little easy for a bit until this blows over.

The sucking feeling for me (at least the one on the top of my head) occassionally pulled my awareness right out the crown and would dislocate "me" from my body. This was a bit exciting/unnerving the first time it happened and may have lead to some fearful thoughts that perpetuated my need for pacing. This may not be the case for you...or it may be...only you will know. Best of luck.

Love,
Carson
Go to Top of Page

BellaMente

USA
147 Posts

Posted - Sep 30 2009 :  8:56:58 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you Christi, Shanti, and Carson for your responses!

I was reading through some posts on here last night and I found that a sucking type feeling at the head is also associated with the infamous black void...

Carson, this might be a strange question, but how did you get back into your body afterwards? Was it difficult? (I would like to know just in case it happens to me lol..)
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.07 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000