AYPsite.org Forum
 Discussions on AYP Pranayama, Mudras and Bandhas
 khechari, snipping and amrit?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

paw

52 Posts

Posted - Sep 18 2009 :  9:27:43 PM  Show Profile  Visit paw's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
I'd like to hear comments on this topic, found in a youtube comment:

"never cut the frenum under the tongue! If you sever the nadi in this way , you will never access the amrit and the connection to the Brahma gufa at the Shivanetra. Do the chalan and talabya to stretch the frenum naturally. You need to complete the nadi thru the gland in the frenum by accessing that chakra and completing the circuit with kechari mudra. There are no short cuts and I mean that literally. Om."

Would this comment, if true, apply only to a surgical type cutting of the frenum? Or would this apply also to gradual shallow snipping? Or is the comment incorrect?

alwayson2

USA
546 Posts

Posted - Sep 19 2009 :  12:21:13 PM  Show Profile  Visit alwayson2's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I don't think there is anything important in the frenum because some people are born without a frenum.
Go to Top of Page

contemplative

USA
10 Posts

Posted - Oct 17 2009 :  6:49:05 PM  Show Profile  Visit contemplative's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by paw

Can you please post a link to the video.

Thanks,
Ryan
Go to Top of Page

paw

52 Posts

Posted - Oct 23 2009 :  10:16:07 PM  Show Profile  Visit paw's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
The video above the comment, I don't think it said anything about the comment. I think it was just general about khechari mudra, and I found the comment I quoted surprising. I quoted the meaningful parts of the comment, so I don't think the video will add anything. I don't have time to search it out again.

What are you curious about?
Go to Top of Page

Victor

USA
910 Posts

Posted - Oct 24 2009 :  03:01:22 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
seems like a silly statement. Now it IS possible to do damage by clumsy snipping but the frenum itself is just a small string of connective tissue so I wouldn't worry about THAT
Go to Top of Page

Kirtanman

USA
1651 Posts

Posted - Oct 24 2009 :  10:17:11 PM  Show Profile  Visit Kirtanman's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by paw

"never cut the frenum under the tongue! If you sever the nadi in this way , you will never access the amrit and the connection to the Brahma gufa at the Shivanetra. Do the chalan and talabya to stretch the frenum naturally. You need to complete the nadi thru the gland in the frenum by accessing that chakra and completing the circuit with kechari mudra. There are no short cuts and I mean that literally. Om."

Would this comment, if true, apply only to a surgical type cutting of the frenum? Or would this apply also to gradual shallow snipping? Or is the comment incorrect?

The comment is incorrect.

Nadis aren't physical (or, at least not entirely physical).

At least several of us who practice AYP have engaged in frenum-snipping, and have subsequently experienced amrit (nectar, as experienced physically and or more subtly), and have continued to open more completely into the wholeness of yoga/awareness of true nature -- with no ill effects, physically, energetically or in any other way, as a result of frenum-snipping.

I'm not sure what the Brahma gufa is ..... guha, maybe? (Guha is "cave"; Brahmaguha is likely a term for the fontanel, the "aperture of Brahma", located at the crown of the head; I'm just not familiar with this term).

Shivanetra is "eye of Shiva", presumably the third one.

And so, deciphering the terms a little .... that commenter is saying that by snipping the frenum, the pertinent nadi will be severed, and one will then never be able to access the nectar, nor the connection to the aperture of Brahma at the crown of the head, both of which are found at the third eye.

And so, speaking for myself, and at least a small handful of other practitioners I know of, that comment is completely false.

AYP essentially teaches exactly the opposite: that *by* snipping the frenum, we can facilitate the completion of yoga.

At least in part, this has been my experience (i.e. I can't say exactly what part frenum-snipping or khechari played in further opening since that time ... only that it was a very helpful step, at the time) ... and the experience/result of at least a few others I know.

And so, we have a few AYPers, at least, who are "living proof" that the comment you mentioned is incorrect.

I hope this helps.

Wholeheartedly,

Kirtanman

Go to Top of Page

paw

52 Posts

Posted - Oct 15 2012 :  02:46:31 AM  Show Profile  Visit paw's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks to Victor and Kirtanman for your comments, and yes, they are very helpful.

I also snipped (and tore the fibers of by flex) my rather small, slight frenum, and I found in my case it was soon completely reabsorbed, as there is no sign that there ever was a frenum under my tongue.

And with daily kriya practice, I also have experienced greater and greater connection with spirit, and divine presence. I have not yet experienced any physical descent of a drop of amrita, at least that I noticed. And it's nice to know that some of you folks who snipped have experienced physical amrita. But I continue to experience deeper meditation and tranquility, and greater bliss and joy in practice. I have also experienced automatic yogas that seem to be triggered by kechari mudra. The higher chakras are accessible.

My prayer is that god will grant mercy and help to this body, and that the spiritual energetic nadis and channels will be activated according to god's will, to generate amrita and moksha.

I don't know much about the subtle bodies, but I continue to experience many new things.

I asked a god-realized yoga master about this topic recently, and he said that I will still be able to generate physical amrita, but that it will likely take somewhat longer than if the frenum was still present. He wasn't specific about how much longer it might delay the advent of amrita. And his comment could have been specific to me.

I feel I am bathing in spiritual amrita in kriya practice, so I'm content to stay in devotion, and allow god to renovate this temple according to his wisdom.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000