Discussions on AYP Pranayama, Mudras and Bandhas
 Kechari Stage 2 and phlegm release
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

CarsonZi

Canada
3189 Posts

Posted - Sep 15 2009 :  11:54:09 AM  Show Profile  Visit CarsonZi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Ok....so.....

For several months I have been able to go into Kechari Stage 2 as long as I have 2 fingers supporting the tongue.....last week, during the Calgary AYP meditation group, for the first time I was able to leave my tongue in stage 2 without finger support for a breath or two. Quite a feeling....anyways, after spending as much time as is comfortable playing around with this mudra, I have come to find that, for me, Kechari stage 2 cause an extreme release of phlegm from my chest. I have even begun to bring a cup with me into my practices so that I can spit out all the phlegm that is being released. Now, at first I thought that this phlegm was coming from nasal cavity and was typical "mucas/snot" whatever....but upon foruther investigation I have come to realize that this phlegm is what my friends and I used to call "lung butter" and is coming from my lungs and is clear and very "sticky/stringy". Not typical nasal mucas at all. I am wondering if the practice of Kechari Stage 2 is not helping me to "clean out" my lungs from a decade and a half of excessive pot (and other drugs) smoking....has anyone else experienced anything like this?

Love,
Carson

Katrine

Norway
1813 Posts

Posted - Sep 15 2009 :  4:26:41 PM  Show Profile  Visit Katrine's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Carson

Great that you're in Kechari stage 2

I am not in Kechari.....so maybe this isn't relevant...but am sharing it anyway.....

8 years ago...there was a first major heart opening here. For years after that there would be this "lung butter"....lots and lots of mucous would be coughed up from the lungs...and also.....there would be many incidents of dry coughs.....and also many incidents of being short of breath....not as if not breathing....but as if the chest became see-through...and the breath barely reached the alveoli in the lungs...as if being 5000 feet above sea level.....

A couple of years before the cancer 13 years ago...I would walk around with this feeling of......this old feeling in the chest. That's what it felt like....as if something really old was stuck there. Then the heart opening happened......and then years of mucous....and many more heart openings....and then it all cleared away. What will happen now sometimes is that my breath will somehow be "separate" from my body........as if there is breathing....but almost "outside" the body...(?..sounds strange...but there you have it)..and sometimes...when walking tough hills...the body will be "out of breath".....while I am doing just fine...until I become aware of not being properly in the body.....so then I stop....ground....breath through the feet...and all is well.

Kechari....will also affect the heart chakra.....it is bound too.

Anyway........ grounding is important.....and maybe diet also?...(your body will tell you if that is the case)......

And it will pass eventually.....if it gets bothersome...I guess self-pacing is in place here too...

It's great that it comes up and out
Go to Top of Page

CarsonZi

Canada
3189 Posts

Posted - Sep 15 2009 :  4:43:07 PM  Show Profile  Visit CarsonZi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks Katrine!

Luckliy I am only able to stay in Kechari 2 right now for a bout 5 breaths at a time before I have to use my fingers to help get me back there again. I have a very "wide" tongue. When looking in the mirror I could notice that even when the soft palate was down and the fingers were out, that the sides of my tongue were often still "in the mouth", so I realized that if I help the SIDES of my tongue with the fingers to get behind the throat opening, then I can go way up, and the soft palate comes all the way down. It is pretty intense though so I only stay up there for 5 breaths at a time....actually I shouldn't even say it's a choice....I am really "forced" out. And yeah, likely a good thing as pacing is needed for sure. Have hit the "fast track" for a time here which is nice (after a long period of seeming stagnation), but am very concious of the effects and am trying to stay "right on the lip" of overload. So far so good.

Anyways, for now I will just spit out the phlegm and try not to think too much about it. As you said: it will pass eventually.

Thanks again!

Love,
Carson
Go to Top of Page

Etherfish

USA
3615 Posts

Posted - Sep 15 2009 :  7:55:48 PM  Show Profile  Visit Etherfish's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Nothing to do with kechari here - but my lungs have been doing a lot of clearing too. (I do live 5000 feet up!)
I think some of it may be from meditation. But I think the majority is from practicing back bends. In my dance/workout class we have to walk in the bridge position (hands and feet but upside down) and I've always had a very hard time. So I practice it every day, and it has been bringing a lot of stored emotions out - mostly anger. And clearing my lungs too. I think the reason it is so hard for me is my body doesn't want to let out too much stored emotion at once.
Go to Top of Page

CarsonZi

Canada
3189 Posts

Posted - Sep 16 2009 :  4:09:04 PM  Show Profile  Visit CarsonZi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Etherfish!

quote:
Originally posted by Etherfish

Nothing to do with kechari here - but my lungs have been doing a lot of clearing too. (I do live 5000 feet up!)

Yeah Calgary is 3500ft above sea level as well so perhaps I get an extra whammy from kechari, but I don't know if that is it....maybe.

quote:
Originally posted by Etherfish

I think some of it may be from meditation. But I think the majority is from practicing back bends. In my dance/workout class we have to walk in the bridge position (hands and feet but upside down) and I've always had a very hard time. So I practice it every day, and it has been bringing a lot of stored emotions out - mostly anger. And clearing my lungs too. I think the reason it is so hard for me is my body doesn't want to let out too much stored emotion at once.

Yeah backbends'll do that to ya.....I can just picture you walking around in bridge, getting all angry....then coughing out a big phlegm ball Haha......just projecting Thanks for sharing!

Love,
Carson
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000