Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Forum FAQ | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 AYPsite.org Forum
 Discussions on AYP Pranayama, Mudras and Bandhas
 Has anyone's frenum actually diminished?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

alwayson2

USA
546 Posts

Posted - Sep 04 2009 :  3:42:34 PM  Show Profile  Visit alwayson2's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
There are a bunch of people on youtube that naturally have no frenum.

Has ANYONE actually got to the point (through moderate and prolonged snipping) where it looks like you naturally have no frenum?

My frenum does not diminish anymore. Now it just regenerates LOL. Snipping only worked till a certain point.

Edited by - alwayson2 on Sep 04 2009 3:49:23 PM

contemplative

USA
10 Posts

Posted - Sep 05 2009 :  11:46:55 AM  Show Profile  Visit contemplative's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by alwayson2

My frenum does not diminish anymore. Now it just regenerates LOL. Snipping only worked till a certain point.

After a certain point, stretching is more important than snipping. In fact, some people can learn khecari-mudra without any snipping at all, just through stretching .

I suspect that you must be snipping pretty far back if it is growing back quickly. Is that correct?

If so, you likely have snipped as far as needed and probably should work more on stretching(especially the mouth-click stretch). Also milking the tongue is helpful.

Warm Regards,
Ryan
Go to Top of Page

alwayson2

USA
546 Posts

Posted - Sep 05 2009 :  1:30:24 PM  Show Profile  Visit alwayson2's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
The problem is what we call the lingual frenum has two layers.

1) The deeper layer is a tough tendon. Maybe a few here have encountered this. It is pretty much impossible to snip with cuticle snippers. Also a scalpel blade bounces right off it.

2) The superfical layer is the soft tissue which is easily snipped and cut. This is mainly what we talk about here on AYP.

So in conclusion, if you cut all the soft frenum away, and you are at the "tendon frenum", I think you are pretty much stuck unless you get surgery.

Any thoughts?

Edited by - alwayson2 on Sep 05 2009 1:32:12 PM
Go to Top of Page

yogani

USA
5201 Posts

Posted - Sep 05 2009 :  3:20:33 PM  Show Profile  Visit yogani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Alwayson:

Snipping the flesh over the tendon will not provide any progress, as you are finding. It is the tendon itself that holds the tongue down, and it is snipped a little bit at a time with healing in-between. The AYP procedure in Main Lesson 108 is about that.

In most people, the tendon will come to the surface at the center line/edge of the frenum when stretched, and is easy to snip there. Stretch, snip, heal, stretch, snip, heal. That is the sequence for multiple rounds of gradually reducing the tendon to very little restriction of the tongue's upward and back movement.

For some, the tendon does not come to the surface at the center line/edge of the frenum so easily. Then more stretching will be the way to go. There are some more aggressive means for getting at the tendon, which is made of thousands of tiny strands. It can certainly be snipped a little at at time once it is exposed.

Surgery is another option, and if done, should be by a doctor.

All the best!

The guru is in you.

Go to Top of Page

alwayson2

USA
546 Posts

Posted - Sep 05 2009 :  3:37:57 PM  Show Profile  Visit alwayson2's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by yogani

Hi Alwayson:

It can certainly be snipped a little at at time once it is exposed.

You pinpointed exactly where my doubt is here.
Go to Top of Page

yogani

USA
5201 Posts

Posted - Sep 05 2009 :  3:41:27 PM  Show Profile  Visit yogani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
PS: See here for a more aggressive method for reaching the tendon, Tooled Talavya: http://www.aypsite.org/forum/topic....TOPIC_ID=497

Go to Top of Page

alwayson2

USA
546 Posts

Posted - Sep 05 2009 :  4:29:40 PM  Show Profile  Visit alwayson2's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Yogani,

for you personally, did you originally have a frenum, and now it looks as if you naturally didn't have one?
Go to Top of Page

yogani

USA
5201 Posts

Posted - Sep 05 2009 :  4:56:04 PM  Show Profile  Visit yogani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by alwayson2

Yogani,

for you personally, did you originally have a frenum, and now it looks as if you naturally didn't have one?

Yes, and much less now. It took several months of snipping to get into kechari stage 2 initially, and more snipping to go to next stages later on. Stretching/milking was used too, but snipping is what made the most difference in my case. That was over 20 years ago. I continued to snip on and off for many years, while integrating a full range of practices. It was never only about kechari, but the integration of all the practices for best overall results in cultivating abiding inner silence and ecstatic conductivity/radiance. That is reflected in the AYP lessons, I hope.

The guru is in you.

Go to Top of Page

paw

52 Posts

Posted - Sep 18 2009 :  9:21:44 PM  Show Profile  Visit paw's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I snipped some at first, along with vigorous stretching. I snipped only enough to rip and stretch for steady progress. And only until I could reach stage 3.

Now my frenum had disappeared, I can't find any frenum at all now.
Go to Top of Page

krcqimpro1

India
329 Posts

Posted - Nov 30 2009 :  10:46:23 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Yogani,
When Obsidian( in 2005) speaks of a "rounded" edge of the tooled talavya kriya tool, does he mean that the cutting edge is "curved", rather than "round" as he calls it ? I was thinking of getting one made here since it seems a less risky procedure than using a razor edge.

Krish
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000