AYPsite.org Forum
 Discussions on AYP Pranayama, Mudras and Bandhas
 Dynamic Jalandhara - but left to right only
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

YogaIsLife

641 Posts

Posted - Nov 15 2009 :  06:58:41 AM  Show Profile  Visit YogaIsLife's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hi,

I am rediscovering the wonderful features of mudras and bandhas in unblocking resistances and stimulating energy flow. Really wonderful.

A "zone of problem" with me now - and has been for many years, always untackled - is the neck. This is not somethign new but I really have not tackled it (you see, I am a spiritual seeker that is a bit "afraid" of energy/ecstasy because I had powerful awakenings in the past when I hadn't yet heard about yoga or spiritual seeking that really scared me...I unleashed this power and I didn't know what I was doing! But I know now that avoiding the problem does not make it go away either, so thank you AYP! ).

So what I found is that the problem gets alliviated and helped if I do Dynamic Jalandhara – Chin Pump - but with a variant: it does not seem to work for me at this stage to rotate the head all the way in the neck but seems to do more good to just turn it left and right back and forth continuously. I do breathign with this, sometimes it is spinal breathign as explained in the AYP lessons quite spontaneously - root to third eye. This seems to help open the chanels in the neck.

I just thought of sharing this. I think it is nothing wrong with it, what do you think? I think it is because the lock/blocks in the neck are so great that they go in phases. At this stage the simple continuous fluid turning of the head left and right seems to do the trick and maybe later I will be able to rotate it all the way.

I also do now and then a bit of root lock (Mulabandha) and soft Uddiyana during this and feel the energy sweetly going up and helping further releasing the locks. Quite nice actually! I guess this is what you call ecstatic ocnductivity

Another interesting thing I notice is a "center" in me even when the movement is intense (yet fluid and effortless) in the head. I think this is the witness. It is just there, unmoved and unaffected, despite all the movement. It reminded me of the whirling of sufi dervishes. In the midst of intense movement there is a center that remains unmoved, watching...

Edited by - YogaIsLife on Nov 15 2009 06:59:14 AM
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000