Other Systems and Alternate Approaches
 interesting bit from Wikipedia with no source
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

alwayson2

USA
546 Posts

Posted - Aug 27 2009 :  9:41:44 PM  Show Profile  Visit alwayson2's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
"The space of Aham is where kechari mudra (free movement in the space of the heart) is realised. Kechari mudra is considered the supreme state of spiritual evolution."

Edited by - alwayson2 on Aug 28 2009 11:13:48 AM

Kirtanman

USA
1651 Posts

Posted - Aug 28 2009 :  12:11:37 AM  Show Profile  Visit Kirtanman's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by alwayson2

I don't think linking works for this page.

But can someone answer my question regarding a source for the statement?

Sure - it's from the Paratrisika Vivarana, by Abhinavagupta.

It's way late/early where I am ... so more on this later/tomorrow ... but in the meantime, here's a link that works (and which contains references).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aham_%..._Shaivism%29

It's not talking about the physical mudra some of us do with our tongue, btw - true khechari -- true "moving in the sky" -- is referring to enlightenment.

Aham is the Sanskrit term for "I" - and is an essential mantra of Kashmir Shaivism//Trika Shaivism.

Go to Top of Page

vijikr

United Arab Emirates
413 Posts

Posted - Aug 30 2009 :  11:20:49 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi,

Aham I guess it also means Internal(like inside).

Viji
Go to Top of Page

contemplative

USA
10 Posts

Posted - Aug 31 2009 :  01:03:25 AM  Show Profile  Visit contemplative's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by vijikr

Aham I guess it also means Internal(like inside).

What are you basing that on? I couldn't find such a meaning in any of the Sanskrit dictionaries I looked in.

The term "aham" has a similar level of significance within candali-yoga (Buddhist Kundalini yoga).

Warm Regards,
Ryan

Edited by - contemplative on Aug 31 2009 01:55:05 AM
Go to Top of Page

AYPforum

351 Posts

Posted - Aug 31 2009 :  10:43:38 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Moderator note: Topic moved for better placement
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000