Other Systems and Alternate Approaches
 Rapid belly Breathing - puking
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Mr.Krikkit

Netherlands
11 Posts

Posted - Sep 01 2009 :  06:39:16 AM  Show Profile  Visit Mr.Krikkit's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hello while rapid belly breathing the lower belly starts to join in.
Normally this part is of the body doesnt work with breathing so my breath is very shallow and i find it difficult to meditate for the feeling of ''not getting enought air''
So while doing rapid belly breathing it starts to also contract, and i have a big urge to puke, i am getting warm thow(?) with the exercise.

So my question is primarely - How can i get the lower belly to work with breathing ?, My stomache is very sloppy after kundalini rising, and i have no idea what is the original position.
Especially with meditation, what comes natural for most people, i feel like ''not getting enough air'' when sitting down.

Thanks,

Mr.Krikkit

Edited by - AYPforum on Sep 01 2009 3:48:56 PM

Richard

United Kingdom
857 Posts

Posted - Sep 01 2009 :  11:33:56 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hello there, do you mean Spinal Breathing Bastrika as taught in the AYP lessons? or do you mean belly breathing as taught in Kundalini Yoga the two practices are rather different.
Go to Top of Page

Mr.Krikkit

Netherlands
11 Posts

Posted - Sep 01 2009 :  3:37:05 PM  Show Profile  Visit Mr.Krikkit's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Sorry it is not about the AYP lessons, Its the quick out and in breathing from kundalini yoga i think, in wich i felt the puking coming out of the lower belly.
Most problematic for me is that i am short on breath while meditating, it feels really uncomfterable.
When lying down and meditating i sometimes get deep and breathing goes fluidly.
Go to Top of Page

Richard

United Kingdom
857 Posts

Posted - Sep 01 2009 :  3:48:13 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Cant much help you with Kundalini Yoga I am an AYP man I am sure someone can help you over in other systems.
Go to Top of Page

AYPforum

351 Posts

Posted - Sep 01 2009 :  3:48:56 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Moderator note: Topic moved for better placement
Go to Top of Page

Kirtanman

USA
1651 Posts

Posted - Sep 01 2009 :  8:14:27 PM  Show Profile  Visit Kirtanman's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Mr.Krikkit

Sorry it is not about the AYP lessons, Its the quick out and in breathing from kundalini yoga i think, in wich i felt the puking coming out of the lower belly.
Most problematic for me is that i am short on breath while meditating, it feels really uncomfterable.
When lying down and meditating i sometimes get deep and breathing goes fluidly.

Hi Mr. Krikkit,

I was never super "into" this practice, but have done it, and had some similar results (discomfort, nausea, not actual vomiting, but close). I haven't tried it in quite a while, but have a few comments.

*I never found a lot of value in it; no "drastic" kundalini stimulation ever worked too well for me; daily practices, AYP pranayama, and khechari mudra and tantric practices ... done methodically, over time, produced the best results; "churning" and/or rapid breathing always left me with discomfort, and a sense of a "high", but no real long-term benefit or gain. I know other people use these practices successfully; I'm not discouraging them -- just reporting similar experience, including the fact that I felt little enough sense of result that I set them aside fairly early on (a few years back).

*Meditation reclined or laying down actually works fantastically well for me; I didn't even realize; I haven't meditated sitting up in quite some time, now. *However* I know that this isn't recommended in AYP (or any system I know of) -- so I'm not recommending it per se .... more just saying: hey, if it seems fine while lying down; meditate lying down ("whatever works").

*Much of the discomfort you describe sounds like it comes from muscular tension. Try *relaxing* (physically) in any way you know how, then try meditating, practicing. Deep, slow, relaxed breaths can work well (not yogic; just the way you breathe, when, say, falling asleep .... you're body feels like: "Oh, I'm relaxed" ... and releases some of the habitual muscle tension many of us walk around with, without consciously noticing it.)

*Try "belly breathing", in general; when you inhale, let your belly slowly fill, not your chest. I'm *extremely* grateful that I learned to breathe this way as a young teenager, both through martial arts training and vocal training (they both taught it, so thankfully, it "stuck") ..... this is the way our bodies are designed to breath naturally, and I switched to breathing this way many years ago, and have never regretted it. Chest breathing is tense and artificial ... and there's less blood oxygenation via chest breathing. Belly breathing should help the practice you describe, on a variety of levels.

Hope this helps.

Heart Is Where The AUM Is,

Kirtanman
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000