Tantra - A Holistic View of Spiritual Development
 whole body orgasm and implications..
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

christiane

Lebanon
319 Posts

Posted - Aug 27 2009 :  2:34:29 PM  Show Profile  Visit christiane's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hi all,

I'm writing in a moment of 'low' and confusion.. thank you for taking this into consideration..

I just need to ask about full body orgasm:
to me, it was obvious and clear.. I was aware of the whole energy movement and there was no feeling in the lowest chakras.. or at least, I don't remember there was any.
Instead, there was a big rush of energy starting from the G-spot up to the heart, then higher up with intense explosive lights in the brain.. to the point I fell back with convulsions through all the body and was speechless, thoughtless, for several minutes..
it was too much to bear..
And this opened a huge space in the heart that lasted for 5 to 6 days..

My questions:

- was that a whole body orgasm or just an intense orgasm?
- are whole body orgasms depleting for one's energy? (I felt the opposite, but it may happen that I'm not aware enough and the consciousness can drop without me being aware of that)
- is it better to even avoid this upward kind of orgasm, and cultivate pre-orgasmic sex instead?

Thank you.

Edited by - christiane on Aug 27 2009 2:35:38 PM

Akasha

421 Posts

Posted - Aug 27 2009 :  4:48:34 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Christiane,

I would'nt get too worried or alarmed about this.Sounds like you're getting good energy/K. flow .Rising energy up the spine in to higher areas ,rather than residing permanently in lower chakras.If the energy is circulating in all directions...good K-flow.Ecstatic shivers coursing around with or without scenery is good. I've had electric jolts, just during practice, which i now believe is a sign of friction so this maybe aking to the 'convulsions' you mention. Sounds like a "Self-pace and Carry-on" prescription.
quote:

My questions:

- was that a whole body orgasm or just an intense orgasm?
- are whole body orgasms depleting for one's energy? (I felt the opposite, but it may happen that I'm not aware enough and the consciousness can drop without me being aware of that)
- is it better to even avoid this upward kind of orgasm, and cultivate pre-orgasmic sex instead?

1-Sounds like both. Whole body-orgasms to me were a perpetual state,24/7,moving through me, strangely enough......
2-To me they were quite the opposite- it's the result of brahmcacharya- energy cultivation practice(s)-it's just the energy otherwise dissipated in other ways moving throughout the whole body.So not depleting- the energies are expressed and channeled another way.
3-If the whole body kind of quaked and jerked,fro head to foot,during sBp or tantra/SbP then you just take a more gentle approach.Orgasm is not release, at least certainly in a man. So orgasm is fine... infact oragasm is a good sign though i guess one would say to just regard it as scenery. The upward kind and pre-orgasmic would sounds like they go together. Although as a man i think it is not a bad idea to release now and again,as the energy has to go somewhere if the system is'nt open enough, and even if it is i think it is sensible and healthy etc.I'm not too up on sexual cultivation practices/brhamcarya for women though in principle i do not see how it may differ that much.An orgasm is not initsself depleting for man--as i say it was a permanently cultivated state for me especially if i sat in siddhasana-that was like pure ecstasy.So unless a woman loses something(that something i am not entirely up on I'm afraid) usualy accompanying orgasm then i think you need not be worried or alarmed.In short,'upward' or any other direction is pre-oragsmic.If you feel an ecstasy fountain then thatis pre-orgasmic. The only doubt here i might have is the meaning of the term "pre-orgasmic", as orgasm is okay here, just losing life-force/ojas/prana potential i.e ejaculate/seminal fluid is moderated...so losing is perfectly fine, it's ppart of the course,in fact it is to be expected if you are just taking up tantra practices and it is healthy but over time we do not make a habit of it, and do oour best to avoid.A release for a man now and again is recommended.But this is not the same as an orgasm.As a man can oragsm without relesaing and this is what occurs during pre-orgasmic. And this is where the term 'pre-orgasmic' might open up on referring to both sexes.

If man can have an orgasm without losing anything(ejaculate/prana/ojas) i am not sure then what the women does to do the same.

If this is the jist of your question, and it may well be not, i have wondered the same thing.As it would seem i'm prettty certain women can orgasm without energy depletion but how does she guage or know when she has gone too far or moving away from energy preservation.This is where i am a little unclear....on the woman subject.

Perhaps the term 'pre-orgasmic' may be sowing the seed of possible confusion..

(Perpetual 24/7) Whole-body orgasms is good but jolts/convulsions maybe a sign of a little friction so not to be too alarmed- just ease up and be gentle on yourself and your practices.. I am so glad you brought this up...Thank you

Hope this helps.

Love

Akasha

Edited by - Akasha on Aug 27 2009 5:41:36 PM
Go to Top of Page

christiane

Lebanon
319 Posts

Posted - Aug 28 2009 :  12:24:10 AM  Show Profile  Visit christiane's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you Akasha..
one thing is clear to me: whenever the energy is high and has been accumulated with daily practices over a week or so, and that was the case when I had this orgasm, usually, there is a feeling of bathing in a pool of energy; especially when I breathe properly and channel intentionnally the energy up, it's very helpful to avoid a lower release.
It's just that when I come to a point where it is too powerful to be handled, especially in the heart (same feeling, though less intense, in spinal breathing), I must pause the silmulation and breathe deeply to quiet the whole thing..
But my question is still the same..
When Shiva says "At the start of sexual union keep attentive on the fires in the beginning, and so continuing, avoid the embers at the end", does this include any kind of orgasm? even for women?
Go to Top of Page

Akasha

421 Posts

Posted - Aug 28 2009 :  10:28:13 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Christiane,

I think it's fantastic that it's possible to talk with folk online that do these practices, and i feel very privilged in this respect. I thought i was maybe a bit off the radar so it was sweet to find tantra as integral when i discovered ayp.

Your question is a good and interesting one.I've always wondered about brahmcarya/sexual cultivation practices as they relate to women.Men can have an ejaculatory orgasm;in fact this is what most men have;they orgasm and then they ejaculate and then that's it all over, and usually quite quickly too.On the other hand if a man engages in tramsutation methods to raise the base energies up the spine then he can experience multiple orgasms during prolonged periods of love-making, be they solo or in a couple relationship.The intensity of the orgasm is greater, and nothing is lost in the process. In fact energy can be cultivated in the process, and hitherto unknown levels of ecstatic experience can be charted.

Now this is where i am unclear on. What can the woman do if the balance of staying ahead shifts in favour of the man?

-----Well ,I can tell you what my practice was ,if can be frank with you:-I used to alternate between stimulation(with lubrication-olive oil) and pelvic floor-muscle excercises(72 that simulate copulation-i stood feet hip width part, knees slightly bent- it said rest your hands on a chair though i think this may be optional- If the lingam swung between the legs while being very careful gently not to strain the lower back you were doing it right at the right pace and rhythm)I did this back and forth ,like hold-back solo, for about 20 mins say-until when i had reached my peak limit and felt at risk of release would employ some SbP- usually just one round (or 2 perhaps) to avert ejaculation( i would swirl the breath/attention around as a milky white light in the skull at the top of exhalation, with a little kumbhaka and then return it to the base in order to ground the energies).This was the moment when i experienced those disconcerting ,at first, whole--body electric jolts. But i was just follwoing a little manual i stumbled upon -perhaps i combined 2 of the practices outlined as the instructions were not very clear but i ended up with an effective practice..It's initial selling point was that it made the lingum longer and wider which i found attractive though i was left realising there were much more profound benefits than this such as transcending sexual desire( & our collective neurosis about sex etc)Anyway, This was my practice before starting asana those early mornings, a few years ago.

Soooo..... returning to the vein of this thread -
A woman can have multiple orgasms but i remember reading in the little red book that this can potentially drain a woman energetically. That then raises the question you posed. With a man it appears quite simple -he rides those waves of pleasure but does'nt release or identify with the ecstasy.

I can tell you 2 techniques i employed, certainly after the training :-

1)I tried not to chase orgasm. I could feel it but not get caught up in the drama of it.i.e observe... Perhaps the witness state would be useful here.Surrender with(un-reflexive) awareness.

2)Now this was the KEY to liberated tantric love-making. Instead of allowing lustful thooughts in I would touch on the feeling of Love( sounds like Samyama during arousal), love for the world, myself and/or partner then it was much easier to sustain tantric sex and ride the waves.For e.g If i surrender to pure love i could maintain stimulation but say if i concentrated on lust coupled with prolonged stimulation i was at genuine risk of losing seed; purification for mind and body.

With the requisite training like that outlined above i could engage in prolonged tantric love-making without release.

I believe these techniques raise your kundalini and put you comfortably on the royal road to enlightenement.

quote:
When Shiva says "At the start of sexual union keep attentive on the fires in the beginning, and so continuing, avoid the embers at the end", does this include any kind of orgasm? even for women?

Perhaps orgasms confined to the genitals and when the mind is concerned with fantasy(svadishtana 2nd chakra for e.g) and lust is what we are trying to evolve out of.
Base energies are transmutated;I cannot begin to explain how liberating this feels , being put back in control by not being enslaved by desire......Seeing sexual neurosis and hang-ups, and societal taboos, for what they are

A)Whole body orgasm------- an outpouring of divine (pure) Love. it radites to everyone you come into contact with.Energy internalised/cultivated.Purity of Mind

B)Genital orgasms -----------invariably related with fantasy and lust( and a quick hump).Energy externally released.

The tantric love-maker is an adept at taking his time and constantly defers gratification;desire and temptation are transcended so the tantrika is unaffected by these.

Edited by - Akasha on Aug 29 2009 02:05:20 AM
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000