AYP Home | Main Lessons | Tantra Lessons | AYP Plus | Retreats | AYP Books
Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Forum FAQ | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 AYPsite.org Forum
 Jnana Yoga/Self-Inquiry - Advaita (Non-Duality)
 Who am I and the Sedona method
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Anthem

1608 Posts

Posted - Aug 26 2009 :  09:20:18 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Thanks to Yogani for mentioning the Sedona method in a recent online lesson, it got me curious so I looked it up here:

http://www.sedona.com/html/Sample-Of-Process.aspx

It is a nice little method that slips in behind the mind dealing directly with emotions. Extremely powerful too. Have observed many changes in the energy department since using.

It does presuppose the existence of an "i" but it still brings the mind/body back to residing in "the now" very effectively.

The latest lessons on using Ramana Maharshi's "who am I" method are great resources. I have been a big fan of his for a long time and it was interesting to see the "who am I" or "what is I" etc. line of questioning come up naturally from daily practice. The lessons encourage using this "direct method" in a more structured way.

It is quite amazing to observe how powerful the I-thought is at stopping perception at the door to the infinite by falsely correlating itself with the body-mind. Every time it is repeated it opens up that door a little more, allowing for more continuous residing in the now.

Just sharing some observations.

Ananda

3115 Posts

Posted - Aug 26 2009 :  09:29:11 AM  Show Profile  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
always sharing the good stuff
Go to Top of Page

Ananda

3115 Posts

Posted - Aug 26 2009 :  09:43:38 AM  Show Profile  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
another simple method for those who have some inner silence present, be aware of the thought and trace it back to where it came from and experience

by continual practice this will provide a mean to be ever present in the now and sort of an end to suffering turning it into pure bliss as far as i experienced up till now.

Papaji says that it's a mean for self realization and when tracing the thought back to it's source... once you get there, that also would be a good time to ask who am i and letting go of it there.

namaste
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000