Kundalini - AYP Practice-Related
 K awakening cycles?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

beachgirl

USA
5 Posts

Posted - Aug 18 2009 :  12:33:49 AM  Show Profile  Visit beachgirl's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
I had a powerful awakening 25 years ago. Then, last year, in Sept. I had another one. Different in some ways, but probably just as powerful. I am pretty much through the intense part - the visions, the total deconstruction of identity, soaring heat, voices, currents and buzzing sensations, on and on... I am still very sound sensitive.

Oddly enough, I miss all this. I had to work at least part of the time though had at least some time to meditate, have inner conjunctions, spontaneous orgasms, connection to the divine, being born yet again, etc... it was all so precious.

Now I am wondering, is there any rhyme or reason to when these awakenings come and go? Could one come back in a year? Can we ever say? Or is "25 years" my apparent routine? Etc...

Is there any "formula" for when the strong awakenings usually come? Any kind of pattern at all?

Thanks.

PS I am a little down in the dumps. I meditate. So you don't have to suggest that. I know that every drop of K is a gift. Just curious here, what are the patterns, if any?

CarsonZi

Canada
3189 Posts

Posted - Aug 18 2009 :  11:28:51 AM  Show Profile  Visit CarsonZi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Namaste beachgirl and welcome to the AYP forums!

quote:
Originally posted by beachgirl

I am wondering, is there any rhyme or reason to when these awakenings come and go?

Hmmm....good question. I think there probably is, but I don't think that it is because of any static variables if that makes sense. These awakenings could be related to a lot of things that are happening at the time....could be practice related, could be stress related, could be astrologically related, could be diet related, could just be Grace.... In my opinion there is likely a cause...but it is not necessarily going to be 1 specific cause, nor will it be something replicate-able. I think the most influential factors are likely your practices and Grace. But I am no expert so don't take my word for it.

quote:

Could one come back in a year? Can we ever say? Or is "25 years" my apparent routine? Etc...

I don't think you can predict when an awakening will happen. IMO all you can really do is continue with a stable set of practices that will make your awakening as smooth as possible. That and surrender to the process.

quote:

Is there any "formula" for when the strong awakenings usually come? Any kind of pattern at all?

The Fibonacci Sequence? Haha, kidding. Don't think there is a "pattern". I think there are a lot of different variables that influence the timing of awakenings and it would be very hard to predict when they will happen.

quote:

PS I am a little down in the dumps. I meditate. So you don't have to suggest that. I know that every drop of K is a gift. Just curious here, what are the patterns, if any?

Well, there will always be "highs and lows" no matter where you are on the journey of awakening....it is a matter of seeing them for what they are and not letting them get you down. This too shall pass....there will be another mountain top.....and another valley. Everything is impermanent. It's all about learning to love life the same no matter if you are in the valley or standing on the mountain top. Good luck and hope to read more from you soon.

Love,
Carson
Go to Top of Page

solo

USA
167 Posts

Posted - Aug 18 2009 :  1:47:40 PM  Show Profile  Visit solo's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Some people talk about the "Aquarian Age" and others talk about an increasing Schumann resonance. There is so much different information out there. But if a 38 year old Catholic boy like me can show signs of kundalini, then I think that times are certainly a changin.

Maybe the return has more to do with what is rumored ot be happening on a global scale? The spiritual people I hang out with from time to time like to talk about a rise in our general "vibration".
Go to Top of Page

Kirtanman

USA
1651 Posts

Posted - Aug 18 2009 :  5:58:30 PM  Show Profile  Visit Kirtanman's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:

Now I am wondering, is there any rhyme or reason to when these awakenings come and go? Could one come back in a year? Can we ever say? Or is "25 years" my apparent routine? Etc...

Thanks.

Hi Beachgirl,

Welcome to the AYP Forum!

By far the best resource I know of, for specific answers to these types of questions, related to kundalini, is the web site and book:

Biology of Kundalini by Jana Dixon.

Jana has been through all manner of kundalini awakening phases, over the course of quite a few years.

I don't recall if she has a professional bioscience background, but she certainly writes at a level (about biology, physiology, neurochemistry, etc.) which indicates that she does (have such a background).

Beyond that skill-set, Jana also knows a lot about how various factors (nutrition, sexuality, menstruation, nutritional supplements, etc.) can affect kundalini, various awakenings, various phases of awakening, and so on.

So, in terms of "knowledgebase", I think you'll find the Biology of Kundalini (link above) site to be a veritable gold mine for you.

As far as meditation practices go ... that's what AYP is here for.

We can also help you with what to do, related to practices, based on where you may feel you "are", overall -- and how meditation may seem to be helping you (or not).

And finally, the group here overall is fairly converse with how consciousness works, in terms of the "big picture", and what we come to know, via the spectrum of experiencing/awareness which results from kundalini awakening, and how meditation and other yogic practices relate to this.

Hope this helps -- and again, welcome to the AYP Forum.

Heart Is Where The AUM Is,

Kirtanman

Edited by - Kirtanman on Aug 18 2009 6:00:06 PM
Go to Top of Page

beachgirl

USA
5 Posts

Posted - Aug 23 2009 :  11:52:27 PM  Show Profile  Visit beachgirl's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks, all, for such warm welcomes. Truly appreciated!

I checked out Jana's site. It seems a little more oriented to going though the awakening phase than what to do right after the awakening... so far as I have read in a little bit. But it looks like an invaluable resource and hits home, for sure.

I am so glad I did a lot of breathing and meditating during the awakening phase.

Right now as I said I feel kind of depressed. I am incredibly hyper-sound-sensitive. It's hard to socialize because of this. I believe the kundalini may have made me that way. That doesn't help my mood - feeling isolated. I used to be quite the social butterfly!

I keep telling myself to accept the grace of the divine and not question the life I have been blessed with. But I think it was easier before.

However I did get into kechari mudra. A lot. Ecstasy! I think I did things backwards. And spinal breathing. That's what I do. Perhaps yoni mudra might be the next thing to add in?

Blessings and many thanks to all who responded, for your kindest greetings,
Beachgirl
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000