Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Forum FAQ | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 AYPsite.org Forum
 Kundalini - AYP Practice-Related
 Does AYP force kundalini to a specific pathway?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

solo

USA
167 Posts

Posted - Aug 13 2009 :  08:18:45 AM  Show Profile  Visit solo's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
I was experiencing kundalini energy prior to starting AYP. Then I found AYP which is both systematic and yoga based (I love yoga and also enjoy doing things systematically). So this practice seems to fit.

But one of my spiritual friends told me that I was forcing the energy down a specific path and that it needs more freedom and avenues to travel and more ways to exit. Then, he didn't offer any additional information (like so many spiritual people I know, just give you bits and pieces in vague terms then change the topic).

But this discussion did make me think. Does AYP somehwat force your kundalini energy up the center channel? Will the energy not find it's way up there anyway? Could it be that the energy desires to go other places first?

I am not trying to undermine anything yogani has laid out for us. More, just wondering if there is any merit to what my friend was trying to tell me (in very unclear terms).

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Aug 14 2009 :  09:45:01 AM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Solo,
You are talking about spinal breathing right?

We are purifying the central channel by directing the energy up the spine, that is right. Remember, it's through the central spine all the nerves of our body are connected. So we purify the central channel first, then kundlini energy will flow all though the body and many other channels will naturally open up. This way we don't have to focus too much on the details of how the purification happens, and what channels open and are we causing an imbalance by opening something that we are not ready for yet, we can just practice and depending on our unique matrix of inner obstructions, we will gradually open to experience the opening of all the channels in our body.

See if this lesson helps.
http://www.aypsite.org/42.html
quote:
Is pranayama natural? There is no doubt that pranayama, with all of its supplementary pieces, is a complex practice, and it may not feel natural at the start. However, as with meditation, pranayama is tapping a natural ability inherent in us. In the case of meditation, it is the mind's natural ability to become quiet and experience pure bliss consciousness. Just set up the proper condition in meditation and the mind becomes quiet all by itself. In the case of pranayama, we are tapping the nervous system's natural ability to refine and become ecstatically radiant from within. Setting up the initial conditions takes more doing. But once we have taken the necessary steps through pranayama, the condition of ecstatic radiance comes up naturally. Once it gets going, it is completely automatic. It is then that you know without any doubt that your body was designed to sustain divine ecstasy – quite a revelation. Just as inner silent bliss consciousness is our natural state brought up through meditation, so too is ecstatic radiance our natural state brought up through pranayama. Once stimulated through pranayama, ecstatic radiance deepens in meditation. Pranayama cultivates the soil of our nervous system to the point where meditation is capable of yielding a dynamic flowering of pure bliss consciousness. Pranayama enables the silent seed we are awakening in meditation to grow into ecstatic radiance, and this overflows generously into our daily life.

Go to Top of Page

solo

USA
167 Posts

Posted - Aug 14 2009 :  12:14:26 PM  Show Profile  Visit solo's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks Shanti. A 2nd friend is telling me to stop the pranayama and just let my awakening unfold. She references my headaches as signs that I should stop and told me about a bad experience she had with kriya yoga and pranayama.

But the headaches I am getting are because I jumped forward (again) a little too fast when I noticed that my heart was opening. I need to let go of wanting to open up all the channels so fast and just find a comfy pace to plod along with.

As always, I appreciate your response.
Go to Top of Page

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Aug 14 2009 :  12:27:14 PM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by solo

Thanks Shanti. A 2nd friend is telling me to stop the pranayama and just let my awakening unfold. She references my headaches as signs that I should stop and told me about a bad experience she had with kriya yoga and pranayama.

But the headaches I am getting are because I jumped forward (again) a little too fast when I noticed that my heart was opening. I need to let go of wanting to open up all the channels so fast and just find a comfy pace to plod along with.

As always, I appreciate your response.

To the best of my knowledge, there is no concept of self pacing in kriya yoga. But AYP the first rule is self pacing. So you have it right.. cut back on meditation and pranayama till the headache eases off, then you can go back to the normal practice once things even out.

Stopping pranayama all together and letting your awakening unfold naturally is not a good idea, nor is it a good idea to go all out and do excessive amounts of pranayama. Self pacing/balance is the key. It's not an "all or nothing" game.. It's an art in knowing when to cook on full heat and when to simmer the food.. that way you wont burn the food nor will you have to wait forever for the food to cook or have to eat it raw.
Go to Top of Page

Yonatan

Israel
849 Posts

Posted - Aug 23 2009 :  09:12:22 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Shanti

Self pacing/balance is the key. It's not an "all or nothing" game.. It's an art in knowing when to cook on full heat and when to simmer the food.. that way you wont burn the food nor will you have to wait forever for the food to cook or have to eat it raw.

That's a great analogy!! Thanks Shanti :D
Go to Top of Page

Etherfish

USA
3615 Posts

Posted - Aug 23 2009 :  10:20:27 AM  Show Profile  Visit Etherfish's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
The center channel is where you want the kundalini to flow. As you clear the obstructions in the center channel, the energy can still go "wherever it wants" everywhere else. In the average person the kundalini is scattered going everywhere besides the center channel, especially the right and left chennals.
The purpose of spinal breathing is to return it to the center channel.
I don't know the reasoning behind this but I suspect both karma and stored emotional stress create the obstructions, and consequently the imbalances. As we guide the energy in the center, it clears obstructions.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000