Discussions on AYP Pranayama, Mudras and Bandhas
 To all the Ladies out there
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

vijikr

United Arab Emirates
413 Posts

Posted - Aug 13 2009 :  12:31:59 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Namaste,

After adding yoni mudra and especially
siddhasana to the practice I felt huge difference.
First I felt lights flashing or rather flooding of light thing and it made my meditation great.

Secondly I guess it should be because of siddhasana I felt this intense and outrages throbbing in clitris. What to do in such a situation? and I could feel SB was also more intense and feel the energy moving up and down and it was really awesome.

Love and Light
Viji

CarsonZi

Canada
3189 Posts

Posted - Aug 13 2009 :  12:37:47 PM  Show Profile  Visit CarsonZi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi vijikr.....

quote:
Originally posted by vijikr

What to do in such a situation?

Favor the mantra. If the stimulation is too much, perhaps consider backing off of siddhasana for a while until it isn't so sexually stimulating.

Love,
Carson
Go to Top of Page

vijikr

United Arab Emirates
413 Posts

Posted - Aug 13 2009 :  8:16:10 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi,

Do you think I should back off hmm I just started Siddhasana 2days ego.May be you are right.Thanks Carzonzi.

Love and Light
Viji
Go to Top of Page

CarsonZi

Canada
3189 Posts

Posted - Aug 13 2009 :  10:22:49 PM  Show Profile  Visit CarsonZi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Viji....

If you added siddhasana only 2 days ago then you are probably still in the "clunky" stage....it should smooth itself out in time. If it is becoming too distracting during your meditation perhaps you could use it only during SBP or something? Just until the excess stimulation dies down? Just a thought.

Love,
Carson

Edited by - CarsonZi on Aug 13 2009 10:23:07 PM
Go to Top of Page

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Aug 14 2009 :  09:28:00 AM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by vijikr

Secondly I guess it should be because of siddhasana I felt this intense and outrages throbbing in clitris. What to do in such a situation? and I could feel SB was also more intense and feel the energy moving up and down and it was really awesome.

Love and Light
Viji

Hi Viji,
Make sure the heel is pressed against the perineum or is sitting in the mouth of the yoni. In the first stages of siddhasana, your heel should not be against the clitoris.
Also, as Carson pointed out, there is a clunky phase and it will smooth out. It's like Yogani says in the lesson:
http://www.aypsite.org/75.html
quote:
"How can I ever meditate while doing this?" you say. You can. Maybe not in the beginning without some distraction, but it is something you can work into gradually over time. Maybe at first you will only want to be in siddhasana during pranayama, and leave it out during meditation. In time, you will become completely comfortable in siddhasana and even forget that you are doing it throughout practices. It is a training that you are embarking on, a gradual buildup of a habit. There are two kinds of training going on at once, which is what makes learning siddhasana tricky.

First is the physical part of culturing the body into it to the point where it is completely comfortable physically to be in siddhasana. We all know that we can gradually coax the body in a particular direction. If we have managed to get comfortable in crossed legs before now, we know it can be done. If we have not gotten into crossed legs, this form of siddhasana won't be happening easily right now, not in the way just described. But there are other ways to do it. More on that below.

The second kind of training that is going on can be more challenging. That is riding through the sexual feelings that siddhasana creates. What we are doing in siddhasana is training our sexual energy to be comfortable flowing up, opening previously dormant pathways in our nervous system. We do siddhasana during our spiritual practices for two reasons. First is because we are sitting there for our time of pranayama and meditation, and that is automatically a certain amount of time of being in siddhasana as well. That makes siddhasana a regular daily practice like everything else, and we don't have to add any time to our practices to do it. Second, pranayama and meditation interact with the effects of siddhasana to greatly expand the flow of prana and pure bliss consciousness in the nervous system. In addition, we are also doing mulabandha and sambhavi. The integration of all these practices supercharges the process of evolution going on inside us.

Think of sexual energy as being like a wild horse. We want to use this horse for a useful purpose. So what do we do? We get on the wild horse and ride it. It jumps all over the place at first – the proverbial "bucking bronco." But pretty soon, the horse figures out who is in charge, and begins to settle down. It finds a new way of being within the conditions we have created. Then the horse becomes very useful for whatever our purpose has been in training her. This is exactly what siddhasana does. It creates a condition that sexual energy has to accommodate itself to, to our benefit.

Go to Top of Page

vijikr

United Arab Emirates
413 Posts

Posted - Aug 14 2009 :  5:49:26 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Hi Viji,
Make sure the heel is pressed against the perineum or is sitting in the mouth of the yoni. In the first stages of siddhasana, your heel should not be against the clitoris.
Also, as Carson pointed out, there is a clunky phase and it will smooth out. It's like Yogani says in the lesson:
http://www.aypsite.org/75.html

Hi Shanthi,

Yep I got the point! Thanks dear.

Viji
Go to Top of Page

vijikr

United Arab Emirates
413 Posts

Posted - Aug 15 2009 :  07:06:20 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi,
Oh yeah I am also going through that clunky stage Carsonzi. I hope it gets settled soon in a week or so.Gotta add some asanas too.

Love and light
Viji
Go to Top of Page

mimirom

Czech Republic
368 Posts

Posted - Aug 17 2009 :  5:07:23 PM  Show Profile  Visit mimirom's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Viji,

glad to hear you're enjoying the practices I see that you are having some fun with ymk and siddhasana, which is great. Just be attentive to signs of too much energy, please. Moderation is the key to long term successful practicing, okay?

Enjoy
Go to Top of Page

vijikr

United Arab Emirates
413 Posts

Posted - Aug 23 2009 :  4:45:44 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi mimirom,

Yes I had to self pace now and then. And i am at bit clunky stage.

Thanks

Love and light
Viji
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000