Satsang Cafe - General Discussions on AYP
 Shivambu
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Deephish

Australia
1 Posts

Posted - Aug 05 2009 :  01:49:19 AM  Show Profile  Visit Deephish's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hello Everyone,

Just joined the AYP forum today and thought I would leave a post about an experience I had which some of you may appreciate.

A few years ago I had a profound personal experience that culminated in a moment that would lead to a complete shift in my perception of life. I was 32 years of age at the time and for various reasons I found myself making a request to the Cosmos but before I share this with you I would like to explain that at that time I was not unhappy nor was I happy and neither was I on some all consuming quest for spiritual insight rather I was just working from home and basically had some spare time to reflect on who am I and how do I fit into this conscious experience of a universe.

Importantly the request was completely direct and not some random notion or vague idea but a very specific request made at a conscious specific moment in time and little did I know that I was going to receive an answer beyond anything I was even aware to be aware of. The request was simple in the sense to actually ask it whilst not fully comprehending what the response if there was to be one could be and believe me I never seriously expected an answer at all. I asked the Cosmos that since I was beginning to question life, the universe and everything it would be far easier and far more effective if the Cosmos itself would personally assist me and reveal it's true nature and I will if such a request is granted flow where ever it takes me. That was that, the request was placed and the moment passed as I left the kitchen where I just happened to be at the time.

A week or two went by and to be honest I had allowed the Cosmic request incident to fade away into the background of my mind. Well as one would have it there just happened to be a specific moment in time when I received an answer as direct and specific as the one I had projected. Suffice to say this was utterly unexpected and clearly the moment was without warning and profound beyond description as there are in fact no words that could possibly convey the intent with which the reply was given. All I will say is the reply was not some disclosure there and then to the mystery of existence, it was far more poetic than that. Simply put, the Cosmos or as I prefer to say "Sublime Creation" made it known beyond any doubt that the request was received and that from this moment onwards if I am observant enough I might just catch sight of Cosmic truths that maybe just maybe will allow me to transcend my consciousness.

To give you some idea of just how mind blowing this was and how this experience was so far removed and beyond anything that was then within my sphere of experience, I spent the next month freaking out but I spent the immediate 24 hours really and I mean really freaking out and definitely not in a bad fearful sense since after all this was Cosmic Consciousness on the phone but more like in a "what the?" run that past me again cause that's hysterically funny and it's really freaking me out man sought of way.

One thing that was a bizarre concept for me to initially grasp (generally for most people) and was subsequently revealed happened to be Shivambu which at the time was like next you'll be having me drink my own urine for christ's sake and then low and behold the Cosmos is saying now that you mention it Shivambu is one of the central paths in the illumination of ones consciousness but don't get caught in a mind loop and always laugh cause humor transcends.

To bathe in the mind of Sublime Creation is to find who we are through the essence of ourselves.

Peace (or is it Peess!).

Sam.

PS
I would love to hear about anyones more metaphysical experiences in relation to Shivambu as I have never spoken about this to anyone and only yesterday learned that urine drinking was sometimes called Shivambu or Amaroli.

Edited by - Deephish on Aug 05 2009 02:16:34 AM

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Aug 05 2009 :  08:16:15 AM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Welcome to the forums Deephish.

What an awesome experience of surrender. Thank you for sharing this with us.

Do you practice AYP? If not, maybe you can look at the Main lessons. You may be especially interested in the practice of Samyama, it works on the same principles you experienced above, picking a thought (sutra) and letting go in silence, not expecting anything out of it, but knowing in you heart the silence/cosmos/"Sublime Creation" will give you the answers, not necessarily in the way the mind thinks it should, but in a way that is right for you at this moment.
This practice is enhanced by the cultivation of silence. Deep meditation helps a lot in cultivating inner silence.

Amaroli does increase the feeling of expansion of silence within. Amaroli has been discussed in these forums by many. Look at the FAQ on Amaroli, that has a few links to lessons and forum discussions. Or use the search function found on the top right hand corner and do a search on the word "amaroli" and you will find many topics where amaroli has been discussed.

Wish you the best in your chosen path.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000