Satsang Cafe - General Discussions on AYP
 cicadas
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

nirmal

Germany
438 Posts

Posted - Jul 20 2009 :  07:05:26 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hello all,

For a very long time mow I hear something like cicadas or crickets
in my ears 24/7. Could this be a sign of Om or is it just plain ordinary tinnitus?

Thanks,
nirmal

Christi

United Kingdom
4429 Posts

Posted - Jul 20 2009 :  5:07:58 PM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Nirmal,

Tinnitus does not sound like crickets... it is a continuous high pitched ringing sound in the ears. The Om vibration on the other hand can sound like crickets, sometimes being very loud, and it can be heard 24/7. The Om vibration (Omkara nada) can take many different forms as different stages of the purification process happen. Personally I have never found it disturbing... and it doesn't last forever.

Christi
Go to Top of Page

emc

2072 Posts

Posted - Jul 21 2009 :  06:03:36 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Just an add on from my knowledge bank, that tinnitus has no specific sound. It can be any sound, any pitch and with different volume of different sounds at different times. You can have a high pitch constant tone together with a more or less constant lower bubbling sound like a flushing toilet simultaneously, for example, or several different pitches ringing at the same time... It all depends on which hairs has been damaged inside the cochlea.

*just had my tinnitus checked in an advanced machine and got every Hertz identified and pointed out*
Go to Top of Page

apachechief

Ireland
65 Posts

Posted - Aug 04 2009 :  6:10:40 PM  Show Profile  Visit apachechief's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Take a look here; might be helpful:

http://www.sodahead.com/question/56...m-with-this/
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000