Satsang Cafe - General Discussions on AYP
 Second breath
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Metta

Sweden
24 Posts

Posted - Aug 03 2009 :  12:42:14 PM  Show Profile  Visit Metta's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hello all,

This is my first post in this forum.....I have read it for some time though and I really appreciate its existence. :-)

I have for some time had some strange experience that I wonder if any of you recognise. Sometimes when I sit and focus on my breath and body feelings it is almost as I feel a second breath that is not syncronising with my own. I dont mean that there is a physical second breath....it is more of a sensation.

Is this just a strange thing that can happen sometime or is there anyone else who experience the same thing some time?

mimirom

Czech Republic
368 Posts

Posted - Aug 04 2009 :  05:22:47 AM  Show Profile  Visit mimirom's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Metta, and welcome to the forums!

A beautiful name you have chosen, a noble one...

So when you focus on the sensations of your body breathing (raising and falling of the abdomen,perhaps..?), what do you feel exactly? Is there another series of sensations arising, suggesting a "second breath", somewhere else in your body at the same time? Or is it more about having or not having control over the breath maybe? Could you specify, pls?
Go to Top of Page

Christi

United Kingdom
4429 Posts

Posted - Aug 04 2009 :  06:22:43 AM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Metta,

Welcome to the forum.

Yes, there is a second breath in the body. It is a movement, or flow of subtle energy. Normally the physical breath syncs with this subtle flow so we don't notice it. When we become aware of the movements of subtle energy (prana), and make the normal breath light, such as during meditation, this second breath can be felt. It is quite natural and nothing to worry about. In fact, a lot of the techniques in yoga work by changing this subtle breath in different ways.

Christi
Go to Top of Page

Metta

Sweden
24 Posts

Posted - Aug 04 2009 :  06:45:26 AM  Show Profile  Visit Metta's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you Mimirom and Christi. Both for the welcome and the answers.

Christi: Ah...then I understand. I think I have felt the subtle energy earlier but not so clear in form of a breath. It also explains the feeling when it later synced with the breath and then before the sensation dissapeared it felt like if I had a breath beneath my breath. :-)

Mimirom: Glad you like it!

Gratitude!
Go to Top of Page

Yonatan

Israel
849 Posts

Posted - Aug 04 2009 :  08:01:21 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Metta!
Hope you have a good meaningful time here in the forums.

Love,

Yonatan
Go to Top of Page

Metta

Sweden
24 Posts

Posted - Aug 04 2009 :  08:13:27 AM  Show Profile  Visit Metta's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you Yonatan......I am sure I will and already have had. :-)

Go to Top of Page

Katrine

Norway
1813 Posts

Posted - Aug 04 2009 :  2:08:44 PM  Show Profile  Visit Katrine's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Metta

Welcome to the forum

Just wondering...are you practising AYP Pranayama? If so - have you felt this second breath then?
Go to Top of Page

Metta

Sweden
24 Posts

Posted - Aug 04 2009 :  5:12:06 PM  Show Profile  Visit Metta's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you Katrine!

I have read about AYP Pranayama but have not tried it.....yet. :-) The times I have felt it has been when I have been in a relaxed state and focused on my breath and body sensations.
Go to Top of Page

Katrine

Norway
1813 Posts

Posted - Aug 04 2009 :  5:24:28 PM  Show Profile  Visit Katrine's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Metta

I see.
Yes...mindfulness like that is a powerful practise also

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000