Discussions on AYP Deep Meditation and Samyama
 same time?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

nirmal

Germany
438 Posts

Posted - Aug 02 2009 :  10:10:11 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hello,

Is it possible to have repetition of the mantra and thoughts at the same time? Sometimes during DM it feels like I am doing both at the same time.

Thanks,
nirmal

AYPforum

351 Posts

Posted - Aug 02 2009 :  10:49:12 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Moderator note: Topic moved for better placement
Go to Top of Page

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Aug 02 2009 :  11:04:16 AM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Yes, it is possible and it is normal. When you realize you are doing so, just go back to the mantra.
Go to Top of Page

Akasha

421 Posts

Posted - Aug 02 2009 :  11:30:33 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hello Nirmal,

Yes.It is possible but the mantra should take precedence over the thoughts,in terms of the attention we give it(not the thoughts).It is our main focus. The word used (in the lessons) is 'favour'.One favours the mantra over anything else that occurs or is occuring..Doing both is okay,thinking is okay.Just return to favouring the mantra when your attention is won over somewher else or the thought returns ' hey.. i'm somewhere else and i was repeating that mantra and i am off it, mmmm...better go back to it'.

When one's train of thought goes off in new & novel directions,or strange tangents ,such as when thoughts deep in the subconscious begin to percolate ,;this is probably symptomatic of the ' house-cleaning' processs, evidence of karmic obstructions being continually released.

It's alright ,you just let it happen--Thoughts or no thoughts But all the while you just favor the mantra.

A

Go to Top of Page

brother neil

USA
752 Posts

Posted - Aug 06 2009 :  9:09:23 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply

quote:
Originally posted by Shanti

Yes, it is possible and it is normal. When you realize you are doing so, just go back to the mantra.

the question was posted by nIrmal, not nOrmal
just kidding
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000