Discussions on AYP Pranayama, Mudras and Bandhas
 Spinal Bastrika Vs. Spinal Breathing
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

CarsonZi

Canada
3189 Posts

Posted - Jul 23 2009 :  10:21:34 AM  Show Profile  Visit CarsonZi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hi Friends....

Quick question.......

If one is short on time for a sadhana, is it somewhat comparable in effects to substitute say 2 minutes of Spinal Bastrika Pranayam for 10 minutes of Spinal Breathing Pranayam?

Yesterday I was a bit short on time for my afternoon sadhana and I chose to do 2 minutes of Bastrika (maybe I should specify that this is root to brow Bastrika) and 5 minutes of SBP instead of 10 minutes of SBP, and 15 minutes of DM instead of 20. This was an incredibly blissful meditation but I could tell I was pushing that fine line of too much. Luckily I was in a hurry because my wife had the day off and wanted to take the dogs for a long walk at the off-leash park, so I got a good session of grounding in afterwards and I feel good today......anyways, does anyone out there have experience in substituting Spinal Bastrika for Spinal Breathing in a time pinch and if so, how many minutes of Bastrika do you find is comparable to 10 minutes of SBP?

Love,
Carson

Parallax

USA
348 Posts

Posted - Jul 23 2009 :  11:04:28 AM  Show Profile  Visit Parallax's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hey Carson,

Nothing specific here in terms of SB to Bastrika time conversion, but thought I'd throw out there that this is exactly what I do when I am pressed for time...I'll substitute 2-3 minutes of Bastrika for a couple of minutes of SB and ~3 cycles of YMK...so your ratio looks pretty close to mine...

I like keeping the Bastrika in there prior to meditation...I find I slide deeper more quickly with a little Bastrika

Much love to you
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000