Discussions on AYP Deep Meditation and Samyama
 Agitation and anger after meditation
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

stevenbhow

Japan
352 Posts

Posted - Jul 09 2009 :  9:44:16 PM  Show Profile  Visit stevenbhow's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hello Everyone,

I've noticed that very often after I've had a very blissful meditation and I return to the day to day world I'm extremely agitated and angry. I'm sort of an angry person by nature, but is it possible the Kundalini energy could be causing this? Is this a common purification reaction? I've been thinking about trying to schedule an exercise session right after my meditation to see if this has an affect. Any thoughts?

Edited by - AYPforum on Jul 09 2009 10:51:47 PM

NagoyaSea

424 Posts

Posted - Jul 09 2009 :  11:52:44 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Steven. This is what I have found helpful: Please make sure you take time to come out of the meditation slowly. Sit for a couple of minutes in silence and then lie down flat on your back for up to ten minutes.

Please try to ensure you don't meditate over 20 minutes.

Following meditation up with exercise after an increment of rest, and perhaps a wee serving of protein, as you were thinking, is an excellent idea.

Kathy
Go to Top of Page

gumpi

United Kingdom
546 Posts

Posted - Jul 10 2009 :  03:57:39 AM  Show Profile  Visit gumpi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Can you identify the source of the anger? What is causing you to feel agitated?

Go to Top of Page

Richard

United Kingdom
857 Posts

Posted - Jul 10 2009 :  06:09:29 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi stevenbhow

Kathy is absolutely correct rest after meditation is the answer to this its all to do with obstructions in our nervous system being released and coming to the surface. When you finish your meditation purification of the nervous system doesn't stop rest is the answer and maybe some grounding like physical exercise.

See this post by Shanti it may be of help to you.

http://www.aypsite.org/forum/topic....ID=1222#8133

Edited by - Richard on Jul 10 2009 06:12:49 AM
Go to Top of Page

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Jul 10 2009 :  07:08:18 AM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I agree with Kathy and Richard. Take plenty of rest after meditation and before you get up from your meditation seat. If possible take a short nap.

Here is Yogani's lesson on this:
Lesson 15 - Meditation Q&A – Restlessness
Go to Top of Page

Etherfish

USA
3615 Posts

Posted - Jul 10 2009 :  07:19:46 AM  Show Profile  Visit Etherfish's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Yes a lot of us have experienced that; my theory is the purification is clearing stored anger. What stores anger is deliberately ignoring it; in other words pretending you don't feel it. Then if you do something like eat or push it down while you are ignoring it, it will be stored in your muscles.
This makes those muscles stiff.

So purification brings the anger back out because it is unfinished business. This time if you are fully aware of it, you can get rid of it instead of storing it. Your mind may search for a reason and come up with something usually way too small for the amount of anger. If it does, express the anger to whomever it involves. Just tell them that pisses you off, or whatever. The important part is being fully aware of what the anger feels like. Give it your full attention.
Or some people are able to not let their mind connect a story with it, but still be fully aware of the feeling. The more you put your attention on it, the quicker it will go away. More anger can come up though as you continue to purify, and just know it is not a permanent condition, but still be fully aware.
Go to Top of Page

mimirom

Czech Republic
368 Posts

Posted - Jul 10 2009 :  07:30:20 AM  Show Profile  Visit mimirom's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I meditate right next to my bed and sometimes, when I finish the sit, I turn on an alarm and slip under the sheet. It makes me usually fall asleep immediately, even for the few minutes, and that feels really good then.
Go to Top of Page

mimirom

Czech Republic
368 Posts

Posted - Jul 10 2009 :  07:35:06 AM  Show Profile  Visit mimirom's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Ether,

good point, really! Actually, as long as you keep putting attention on the anger, no story will be arising.

R
Go to Top of Page

stevenbhow

Japan
352 Posts

Posted - Jul 10 2009 :  08:17:46 AM  Show Profile  Visit stevenbhow's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks everyone. I will try resting, focusing on the anger and not getting caught up in the story, followed by some light exercise. I think this will help me a lot.

Steve
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000