Discussions on AYP Deep Meditation and Samyama
 feet fall asleep
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

nirmal

Germany
438 Posts

Posted - Jun 27 2009 :  11:04:22 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hi,

I have been working on the new way to sit and my feet fall asleep! DonĀ“t tell me to rearrange the pillows. I alternate feet that are placed at the crotch, too!

Thanks,
nirmal

sagebrush

USA
292 Posts

Posted - Jun 27 2009 :  2:58:21 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
thats good you write about your feet falling asleep=
I wake thru the night 3-4 times and my hands are tingly/sleeping.

it must be cause I work with my arms intensely thru the day.
I don't like it because I had been sleeping and probably for some time and then have to work them to get it to go away.. unlike noticing it start to happen...and making modifications.
Go to Top of Page

Etherfish

USA
3615 Posts

Posted - Jun 27 2009 :  5:20:24 PM  Show Profile  Visit Etherfish's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
You might try a diet lower in animal products like dairy. They can slow down the chi circulation which goes with blood circulation.

Also acupuncture can solve the same chi circulation blockages.
Go to Top of Page

sagebrush

USA
292 Posts

Posted - Jun 28 2009 :  06:34:09 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
`that is my whole diet, and will not be easy. making major modifications-uugghh.

I am sure I would feel better and I like very much acupunture.

thanks for the advice.
Go to Top of Page

Akasha

421 Posts

Posted - Jun 28 2009 :  3:18:04 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
You can always try a seat.

I understand you can get less than optimal results if you assmue a sitting posture prematurely. The important element however ( so attention is on the DM procedure,undivided, ratehr than on the body )is comfort.Releasing discomfort gently , by softly placing your attention there ,before returning to the mantra.

Sit wwhatever is comfortable .

if u can sit siddhaasan ,with little prolonged disconfort, then good for you. it would certainly amplify your root-to brow sbP if you choose to add that on later (or if currently practicisng)

If it's a circulation issue in your feet , then sitting on a seat might be more effective than say trying to assume one of the cross legged postures too soon.

Edited by - Akasha on Jun 28 2009 3:35:37 PM
Go to Top of Page

ZionMe

Brazil
8 Posts

Posted - Jul 12 2009 :  12:25:03 AM  Show Profile  Visit ZionMe's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Ok,

if your feet feel asleep and u can do the easy pose(normal crossed leg) "easily"(without your knees joint to hurt) the problem must be(in my opinion)in your ankle stress. What i can say to you do is to sit in easy pose with a pillow under your buttock, without putting it under the feet,(that means your body is going to be higher then your foot). The pillow size and softness should be chosen by attempt(this try must releive the ankles from the normal pressure they have from this pose, "you need to feel this releive" "you can try feel this by practising")be aware to get something to soften the contact with the feets and the floor too so they dont get asleep in this region.
When i sit in easy pose i do it entirely on the pillow(confortable and erect)and dont get my feet asleep. Well u can try the first one then the second if you already didnt.

Go to Top of Page

grihastha

USA
184 Posts

Posted - Jul 12 2009 :  10:37:44 AM  Show Profile  Visit grihastha's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I second ZionMe - and the pillow also makes it easier to achieve siddhasana. I tend to suffer from nasty foot cramps, but the worst problem for me was caused by pressure against hard surfaces. Now I meditate on a bed, against the headboard. Far fewer cramps, much more intense posture.

Namaste!

gri
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000