Yoga, Science and Philosophy
 The Perfect Sense
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

CarsonZi

Canada
3189 Posts

Posted - Jul 08 2009 :  5:58:36 PM  Show Profile  Visit CarsonZi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hello Everyone.....

I was just having a shower and had a re-remembering of an old "thought". Back when I was first starting my recording studio and band an idea came to me in a dream to which I coined the phrase "The Perfect Sense". We (the band) even titled our first album this... I had forgotten about this idea until just now and thought it might be an interesting phiosophical idea to bat around here. The idea is that our 5 senses are merely our physical and defineable senses. On top of these 5 senses there are many other "senses" such as "intuition" etc. Anyways, the idea of the "perfect sense" is almost akin to the idea of "enlightenment". The perfect sense would be the combination and perfect balance of all the "known AND unknown" senses. This would theoretically lead to state of mind with no thoughts. Thoughts would not be necessary if all senses had been "perfected." Anyone care to discuss the possibility of "perfecting" all the senses (not just the physical ones)?

Love,
Carson

Neesha

215 Posts

Posted - Aug 25 2009 :  01:56:52 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
[ Thoughts would not be necessary if all senses had been "perfected." Anyone care to discuss the possibility of "perfecting" all the senses (not just the physical ones)?

To perfect the senses,try the following

1.Chant 100,000 of Om Namah Shivaya and more
2.Discipline your body mind etc....no alcohol etc
3.Arise before the sun....and give praises before 6pm
4.Retreat to a nature spot often
5.Empty the mind
6.No meat....
7.Feed the soul
8.Do charitable work
9.Practice praynayam
10.Don't be too over whelmed with everything
11.Love unconditionally
12.once the third eye is open u can do more good

ESps expected to be resulted from this:

1.Clairalience-Clear smelling
2.Clairgustance-tasting
3.Clairaudience-looking,listening,smelling
4.Clairsentience-Psyhic sensing,feeling
5.Clairvoyance-seeing,third eye

After a while it becomes a pretty noisy,tasty environment I spent years trying to control....or rid of

It comes in handy now

Go to Top of Page

Yonatan

Israel
849 Posts

Posted - Aug 25 2009 :  03:02:02 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks Neesha.

Something I noticed is when the mind quiets down and the mental chatter decreases or stops, then suddenly the world becomes "alive" and seems actually "real" compared to when there are thoughts. It's like, I remember a saying of one zen teacher (I think Charlotte Joko Beck?) saying that when you practice you start seeing people as real people and not ghosts or shells of people..

And when you see the world like this it is so amazing and you realize that you've all the time been in some mental container only focused on your own thoughts and seeing only shells in the world (as your thoughts interpret it..)
Go to Top of Page

Neesha

215 Posts

Posted - Aug 26 2009 :  12:25:52 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
(I think Charlotte Joko Beck?) saying that when you practice you start seeing people as real people and not ghosts or shells of people..

Hiii,

This is so true about seeing real people..... This occurs with me in very specific instances(depends on the frequency etc)

1.Most times to issue a warning.Severe accident etc
2.People about to die
3.People that have died and doesn't know it or trapped in that time zone
4.Sometimes they are actually real(ALSO known as ANGELS)have a story about that for u.....Biolocation...made possible by the grace of God....this is done to help the sons and daughters in need

With the practice of Kriya Yoga the possibilities are unlimited....

1.Biolocation(accompanied with increased thirst afterwards)
2.Soul Projection(?)(very nice occur without warning)
3.Mind reading(this one comes in the early stages of yoga)
4.there are many more

Discipline is key for now

Discipline every aspect of your body and remained focused.....don't over do anything......move at a natural comfortable pace...

I'm still trying to discipline myself.....I see too much!!!!!

....Gosh I usually ask the
Go to Top of Page

Jo-self

USA
225 Posts

Posted - Apr 26 2010 :  07:21:46 AM  Show Profile  Visit Jo-self's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Really there is only one sense, Touch. Even with vision, the light enters our eyes and we feel it at the optic nerves, it touched us. Just like feeling with the fingers. In all cases some nerve is firing in response to being "touched".

Probably just semantics. Brings back that song, "feelings, nothing more then feelings, trying to ..."

Edited by - Jo-self on Apr 26 2010 07:35:47 AM
Go to Top of Page

Balasco

United Kingdom
3 Posts

Posted - Apr 26 2010 :  09:47:57 AM  Show Profile  Visit Balasco's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Thoughts would not be necessary if all senses had been "perfected."

In my experiance, thinking is just another sense phenomena, not to be negated, but accepted just as any other phenomena. If you can be aware of ALL phenomena with total surrender to what is, then that is the 'balance' you seek.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000