Yoga, Science and Philosophy
 Dolphins and consciousness...
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

minilogue

Sweden
1 Posts

Posted - Jan 17 2010 :  6:18:04 PM  Show Profile  Visit minilogue's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hi everyone,

I'm new here so this will be my first post
I've just seen the movie "The Cove". It's a movie about the dolphin slaughter in Japan. A must see!!
One thing that I became aware of was that the dolphins are a higher inteligent being than the humans. Maybe this is old stuff for some of you but it new to me!
One thing that they said in the movie was that the dolphis are always aware of their breath. Always.
That would proove that they are self aware all the time. Dolphins might be enlightened beings ... so they might live in a higher conscious universe than we do?!
If we believe in reincarnation and that we have lived numerous lifes in the past... we also believe that we have lived as animals in past lifes. It feel like the "reincarnation system" is built around some sort of hierarki. First your a fish. Then your reborn as a frog. Then a cat... and all the way to human form. It cant stop at that point... if we reach enlightenment in a human body we will be fully conscious and 100% self-aware... right?
So when our body dies and we're 100% consciousness we go to the next dimension or next life.
To me when I look at dolphins and see their higher intelligence they realy feel like the next thing.... the next level or hierarki to be reborn as... or are they of some other ET?!
Dolphis feel so much more intelligent than we do!
It feels like they're trying to teach us something.
Just look at this clip:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TMCf7SNUb-Q
They have the ability to affect their energies around them!

... or maybe to much smoke from my side

Any thoughts?

Happiness to all!

Richard

United Kingdom
857 Posts

Posted - Jan 18 2010 :  07:52:25 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Welcome to the forum minilogue Lovely clip thank you.

Yes Dolphins are wonderful creatures there form of awareness seems to be totally different than ours whether it is a higher form of conciousness I don't know.

I think conciousness is just conciousness some creatures have a different form of awareness than others whether it is higher or lower or just different I have no Idea.
Go to Top of Page

idiotegue

Czech Republic
12 Posts

Posted - Feb 13 2010 :  09:54:35 AM  Show Profile  Visit idiotegue's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi minilogue,
There is a big disagreement about the cognitive capacities of dolphins. But an interesting fact is that for instance bottlenose dolphins have bigger brains than humans. Their evolution is also much longer, early dolphins appeared around 20 million years ago (first homo species were here around 1.8 million ago). There is some evidence that they are able to produce some creative behaviour. Besides that, there is quite a strong evidence that they communicate and have ‘signature whistles’ – to call and identify each other, in other words they have names!! There are also some controversial claims that their communication is even more complex than any currently known language.

If you are interested in getting more info, very controversial ideas about dolphins come from John C. Lilly: something like this: they are much more developed than humans and that we should start to communicate with them as well as learn from them in order to survive on this planet as a species and so on ;)

Edited by - idiotegue on Feb 13 2010 10:06:48 AM
Go to Top of Page

NagoyaSea

424 Posts

Posted - Feb 13 2010 :  1:17:58 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Minilogue and Idioteque. I noticed this was the first post for both of you. Welcome to the forum. We're glad to have you here.

Interesting posts. Apart from their intelligence, dolphins also seem to have great compassion, caring and nurturing.

Kathy
Go to Top of Page

Jo-self

USA
225 Posts

Posted - Apr 26 2010 :  11:37:46 PM  Show Profile  Visit Jo-self's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Ravens been shown to have 'intelligence'. I don't know about sea mammals. If they were so smart they should have figured out how to avoid nets? Like communicating with each other and coordinating. Or maybe planning how to get rid of these crazy humans off the earth. Look at the latest oil spill!

Edited by - Jo-self on Apr 27 2010 08:47:51 AM
Go to Top of Page

idiotegue

Czech Republic
12 Posts

Posted - Apr 27 2010 :  06:14:20 AM  Show Profile  Visit idiotegue's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
what makes you think that they don't know to avoid nets? They do know that...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/science/.../2996728.stm

btw maybe the fact that they aren't planning how to get rid of these crazy humans shows their superior intelligence. Maybe they know after all that humans get rid of themselves anyway.

P.S. To NagoyaSea: thank you for your kind greetings ;)

Edited by - idiotegue on Apr 27 2010 06:52:39 AM
Go to Top of Page

Jo-self

USA
225 Posts

Posted - Apr 27 2010 :  08:47:02 AM  Show Profile  Visit Jo-self's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Yea, good points. Plus, like shown in the "Voyage Home" whales are in contact with ultragalactic advanced beings. :)

Good science link. BTW, in terms of animal evolution, roaches are super powerful.

edit:
Just had a thought. Dolphins wouldn't just let humans self destruct since we may take the earth ecology with us. Unless they are so evolved that they already took that into account. Well, one could speculate forever .....

Edited by - Jo-self on Apr 28 2010 09:49:05 AM
Go to Top of Page

idiotegue

Czech Republic
12 Posts

Posted - Apr 29 2010 :  3:58:29 PM  Show Profile  Visit idiotegue's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Jo-self

Plus, like shown in the "Voyage Home" whales are in contact with ultragalactic advanced beings. :)

I haven't seen it yet! But it's gonna change soon. Cheers! ;)

Btw in one respect they are certainly superior than humans (at least as to my system of values): "Dolphins have never in all our history been known to attack man -- even when man tries to make him. The dolphin will resist even until his death." (http://www.littletownmart.com/dolphins/)

quite guru-like animals though ;)

Edited by - idiotegue on Apr 29 2010 4:05:04 PM
Go to Top of Page

Jo-self

USA
225 Posts

Posted - Apr 30 2010 :  7:50:58 PM  Show Profile  Visit Jo-self's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by idiotegue
Btw in one respect they are certainly superior than humans (at least as to my system of values): "Dolphins have never in all our history been known to attack man -- even when man tries to make him. The dolphin will resist even until his death." (http://www.littletownmart.com/dolphins/)

Not sure if correct in factual terms. Killer Whales are Dolphins, I believe, and they have attacked people? But, correct on the most part.

Go to Top of Page

idiotegue

Czech Republic
12 Posts

Posted - May 01 2010 :  10:00:04 AM  Show Profile  Visit idiotegue's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
that's correct. So one exception. But they feed on everything. They even attack bigger whales. On the other hand they have quite complex social structures..I would say that they are like a militant nation..like Spartan among Cetaceans..
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000