Yoga, Science and Philosophy
 THE THIRD EYE / PINEAL GLAND
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

DAMOMCK

Australia
17 Posts

Posted - Apr 15 2010 :  08:24:53 AM  Show Profile  Visit DAMOMCK's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
G'day everyone,

Just a couple of quick questions about the third eye:

1) The third eye is the pineal gland which is located in the midbrain, so I was wondering how focusing the eyes upwards and towards the brow awakens it when it is back a fair way behind that focus?

2) Apparently the pineal gland calcifies over time, especially when it is not used. I have only just started meditating and I am 29 years old so would I still be able to activate my pineal gland while meditating?

3) Fluoride (which is the main ingredient in toothpaste & is also added to our tap water in Australia) apparently calcifies the pineal gland quite markedly. Could this be some sort of worldwide conspiracy to stop people receiving the gift of freewill, i.e. by becoming enlightened? I am not paranoid btw, in case anyone was wondering hehe just an interesting thought I had!!!

Jo-self

USA
225 Posts

Posted - Apr 19 2010 :  12:21:31 PM  Show Profile  Visit Jo-self's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Damomck:

I'm surprised no one has replied. I will give it a try, of course, what do I know????
1. That is a very old theory, but in most schools, like AYP, that is not set in stone. Rather the third eye is the total midbrain system toward the center and to the brow. Sensations are usually felt right at the brow, at least for me. Also, the body refers sensations from one place to another, so focusing one place may influence another.
2. I wouldn't worry about the state of any organ, if something is needed another organ will provide. Plus, many sages were very old. More markedly would be the change in the Thymus. Maybe that's why we become crotchety old geezers.
3. We have people awakening all over the place, some right next to pollutants. If your meant to wake up, there will be no stopping it. Whether Flouride, electromagnetic noise, flourescent bulbs, corn syrup, and so on, harms one, who knows. I'm sure our modern life styles and environment are nuts. However, if you dwell on these things soon you'll be wearing a tin foil hat. :)

Go to Top of Page

DAMOMCK

Australia
17 Posts

Posted - Apr 20 2010 :  10:43:22 AM  Show Profile  Visit DAMOMCK's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
What do you mean that SOON I'll be wearing a tin foil hat? I already am! ;-)

Seriously though, thanks for responding Jo-self, you should get a prize for being the first to respond - didn't think anyone was going to...
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000