Satsang Cafe - General Discussions on AYP
 Inner Silence
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

kami

USA
920 Posts

Posted - Jul 07 2009 :  12:43:35 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Can anyone describe inner silence? I've had an ever-increasing "buzzing" that is constant and everywhere. This has become more obvious over the last month of daily practice. When enmeshed in thoughts, I can easily "switch" to the buzzing. If I focus on it long enough, I feel it through my body, a kind of tingling/pleasurable sensation that doesn't last long.. Is this inner silence? I'm guessing it is, since samyama is becoming less "clunky" (still having trouble "letting go into the silence"). Additionally, I have an eerie sense of watching myself all the time (not during sleep).. any input is appreciated!
Thanks,
kami

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Jul 07 2009 :  12:59:56 PM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Kami,
Welcome to the AYP forums.

Maybe this lesson will help answer your question on what inner silence is:
Lesson 157 - Q&A – What is inner silence?

The buzzing you feel is energy movement. The more you focus on energy, the more pronounced it gets, hence when you focus on the buzzing long enough the energy spreads through your body and you feel the tingling sensation.

The watching yourself is the wittiness state. Many at the forum have experienced this. Maybe this lesson will help.
Lesson 122 - Q&A – Witnessing

Wish you all the best in your chosen path.
Go to Top of Page

CarsonZi

Canada
3189 Posts

Posted - Jul 07 2009 :  1:07:58 PM  Show Profile  Visit CarsonZi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Shanti

The watching yourself is the wittiness state.

Haha....Wittiness State...that's where I am right now! Hahahahaha.

Love,
Carson

P.S. Sorry for detracting from the thread, I just thought this was too funny.
Go to Top of Page

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Jul 07 2009 :  1:13:13 PM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by CarsonZi

quote:

Love,
Carson

Well being witty is better than grumpy eh?

Sorry Kami.. I meant witness state.. but witness is just an "I" away from wittiness.
Go to Top of Page

karl

United Kingdom
1812 Posts

Posted - Jul 07 2009 :  2:23:05 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:

quote:
Originally posted by CarsonZi

quote:

Love,
Carson

Well being witty is better than grumpy eh?

Sorry Kami.. I meant witness state.. but witness is just an "I" away from wittiness.

Well my wittiness goes up to II
Go to Top of Page

glagbo

USA
53 Posts

Posted - Jul 07 2009 :  10:49:41 PM  Show Profile  Visit glagbo's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:

....witness is just an "I" away from wittiness.

Witty. Deep. Wittily Deep.

Glagbo.
Go to Top of Page

Akasha

421 Posts

Posted - Jul 08 2009 :  05:50:55 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Go to Top of Page

kami

USA
920 Posts

Posted - Jul 09 2009 :  12:41:51 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks everyone - I had wondered about my enhanced wittiness

Shanti, thanks for the links. They were helpful. I'm still unclear on recognizing inner silence.. perhaps it is the stillness that I can feel (voluntarily) amidst chaos?

kami
Go to Top of Page

CarsonZi

Canada
3189 Posts

Posted - Jul 09 2009 :  12:46:40 PM  Show Profile  Visit CarsonZi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Namaste Kami.....

quote:
Originally posted by kami

perhaps it is the stillness that I can feel (voluntarily) amidst chaos?

I personally feel the inner silence is "space"....space to react/not-react as is fitting to the circumstance. Without this "inner silence" or "space" I find we will usually end up resorting to habitually patterned reactions to things. With some inner silence you will have the space required to have awareness surrounding an event.

Love,
Carson
Go to Top of Page

kami

USA
920 Posts

Posted - Jul 09 2009 :  12:54:16 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Namaste Carson,
I love your posts, and find myself nodding a lot reading them!

Thank you for the clarification - yes!! I do feel the space, except that I didn't call it that. This is the space that Tolle talks about, correct? Its wonderful. I recently heard from my guru that everyone talks about attaining peace. However, peace is just the beginning of much bigger things I hadn't known such peace/space/stillness - very empowering and humbling..

Love to you,
kami
Go to Top of Page

CarsonZi

Canada
3189 Posts

Posted - Jul 09 2009 :  1:03:44 PM  Show Profile  Visit CarsonZi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Namaste Kami.....

quote:

Thank you for the clarification - yes!!

Your welcome, but remember that this is just one definition of inner silence. It is the one I feel most closely explains what I personally feel inner silence is, but that doesn't make my definition "right". You will find your own definition.

quote:

I do feel the space, except that I didn't call it that.

Ehh....words are inadaquate anyways.... You know what I am talking about.

quote:

This is the space that Tolle talks about, correct?

Actually I don't know....I have never read Tolle.

quote:

Its wonderful.

That it is my friend!

quote:

I recently heard from my guru that everyone talks about attaining peace. However, peace is just the beginning of much bigger things

Perhaps....but at this point for me I am content to be happy/peaceful....nowhere to go but here.

quote:

I hadn't known such peace/space/stillness - very empowering and humbling..

Indeed. Best of luck to you on your way home.

Love,
Carson

P.S. Welcome to the forums
Go to Top of Page

arzkiyahai

93 Posts

Posted - Jul 09 2009 :  7:44:07 PM  Show Profile  Visit arzkiyahai's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi kami,

In my experience inner silence is literally the silence that is there, it is due to very less thoughts arising, when there are very less thoughts: you experience a kind of peace which in my experience is different than bliss, the peace in itself is quite pleasurable as the thoughts don't bother you anymore (most of the times you are not bothered by small things, thoughts , urges etc).

Yogani has given us a great path for achieving the inner silence and the ultimate goal.

regards

Edited by - arzkiyahai on Jul 09 2009 7:55:22 PM
Go to Top of Page

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Jul 09 2009 :  9:31:35 PM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:

I'm still unclear on recognizing inner silence.. perhaps it is the stillness that I can feel (voluntarily) amidst chaos?

kami

Hi Kami,
The quality of inner silence will change as you continue. So better to not get attached to a definition or a specific experience, feeling.. better to go with whatever feels right for the moment.. allow the experience to change with time.. allow the inner silence to expand and become what it becomes. So yes, I would say, the inner silence is the stillness and the witness state you are experiencing right now.
Go to Top of Page

kami

USA
920 Posts

Posted - Jul 10 2009 :  12:16:19 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you all! It is much clearer now, and I know it will morph as I plunge deeper.. so wonderful to have such an extraordinary group of people here..

Yes, I feel deeply grateful to Yogani for his teachings..

Love to all,
kami
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.08 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000