Other Systems and Alternate Approaches
 Standing Vajra pose: anyone try this?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

solo

USA
167 Posts

Posted - Jul 06 2009 :  10:16:11 AM  Show Profile  Visit solo's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
I got this pose out of a dzogchen book. It generates a lot of heat and I believe is good for purification of the body. I found the following on-line:

The Vajra Standing Position is undertaken by placing the palms above the head, slightly apart in pyramid fashion. Trunk must be straight. Heels should be touching only with the toes on the ground. Knees are open wide. The upper triangular spokes symbolize three ideas: (i) entity is empty, (ii) nature is brightness, and (iii) great compassion pervades everywhere. The lower triangular spokes symbolize the three Kayas: Dharmakaya, Sambhogakaya, and Nirmanakaya. The middle body symbolizes the connection of the upper body (torga) with the lower body (che-cho).

Has anyone done this pose? Just holding it for a couple of minutes is fairly challenging.

veggiechica808

USA
4 Posts

Posted - Aug 04 2009 :  12:24:16 AM  Show Profile  Visit veggiechica808's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
That's a new one for me
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000