Kundalini - AYP Practice-Related
 ecstatic feelings / energy relationship
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

christiane

Lebanon
319 Posts

Posted - Jul 01 2009 :  02:35:22 AM  Show Profile  Visit christiane's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hi all,

I need to ask a question about a specific thing that happened several times in the past, but now I'm more sensitive and can "see" more clearly what I feel. Here it goes:

It happens sometimes that, for a reason or another, I skip a day of practices (or 2). The energy drops and I find myself vulnerable and exposed to emotional/psychological threats and tensions.
Conflicts with relatives or friends may arise.. anyway, after this "dropping down", usually, I have this feeling of "missing my practices" and get back to them with thirst and enthousiasm.
The first day I do them, the ecstatic feelings (energy going up through the spine, heat, lights flashing in the forehead, orgasmic openings in the heart and throat..) are very noticeable and intense.
But the following day, all those pleasurable symptoms tend to fade away or totally disappear.

My question is THIS: what does it mean? this energy going up in a noticeable pleasurable way, is it because the system is open, but there's not enough energy gathered? I feel it as if I'm a vertical empty tube with energy moving up.
And when the ecstatic feelings disappear and I feel stable, confident, is it because I'm full of energy again and there's no frictions inside?
I remember Yogani said once that ecstatic conductivity or feelings are due to inner frictions, when the energy "hits" obstructions inside.. so maybe, when there's no pleasurable feelings, that doesn't automatically mean that we are stagnating, right? It could be just the opposite: it could be a smooth purification process..

Thank you in advance for any input.

.Love.

grihastha

USA
184 Posts

Posted - Jul 01 2009 :  08:52:04 AM  Show Profile  Visit grihastha's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Interesting. My experience is the same. I try not to miss practices but life isn't perfect... I've been comparing it to practicing a musical instrument. I used to play very diligently, but I noticed that, if I missed practicing for a while, say a week - just put the instrument down in frustration or disgust or because I was doing something else - I was BETTER when I picked it up again. Whether that's just perception or not I don't know, but it felt real. It may be that we come back to the task without the preconceptions/expectations bred both consciously and unconsciously by regular practice. We forget what we're supposed to be doing and instead do something that we already know on a deeper level.

Namaste!

gri
Go to Top of Page

Christi

United Kingdom
4429 Posts

Posted - Jul 01 2009 :  11:57:12 AM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Christiane and Grihastha,

Yogani did say in the main lessons that ecstasy is the product of friction in the subtle nervous system, caused by obstructions being cleared. So yes, the ecstatic feelings are usually more intense when a lot of purification is happening. However, he also says that ecstasy never goes away. Rather, it is refined to increasingly subtle levels, to the point where it is difficult to distinguish between ecsatsy and bliss.

The real key, I believe, at this point, is to continue disolving in silence inside in meditation, and explore what happens. Concentrate on the inner silence in meditation and the peace and serenity that surround it and you may find that you begin to experience ecstasy in new ways.

When an angel turns her face towards God, she knows the real meaning of ecstasy...

Christi
Go to Top of Page

Buffle37

Switzerland
79 Posts

Posted - Jul 01 2009 :  1:19:36 PM  Show Profile  Visit Buffle37's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
When an angel turns her face towards God, she knows the real meaning of ecstasy...

that is so beautiful and inspiring
thanks Christi
Go to Top of Page

christiane

Lebanon
319 Posts

Posted - Jul 01 2009 :  1:26:46 PM  Show Profile  Visit christiane's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Grihastha.
Thank you for the beautiful "musical instrument" association..
I got what you mean clearly as I was a pianist myself! And I agree with the expectation idea. It used to be like that before, but it's been a while I just do my practices without any expectation, rather an increased surrender and receptivity..

Hi Christi

Thanks for confirming my intuitions..
quote:

Go to Top of Page

mimirom

Czech Republic
368 Posts

Posted - Jul 01 2009 :  6:45:16 PM  Show Profile  Visit mimirom's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Christiane,

just went through a similar situation - I dropped practices for 3 days because of a hike with friends. During that time I checked occasionally what happened to the silence I'm used to feel inside, when I close my eyes, and saw that it was gradually fading away, as I wasn't doing DM.
When I started with my complete sadhana again, same thing happened - lots of excessive energy symptoms, including the ecstatic, but also the not-so-ecstatic ones.
During a few following sits my inner silence grew back, and e-symptoms smoothed out significantly.
For me, this was a rather clear message: brahmacharia+siddhasana+SBP+asana training increase the energy level quickly. DM needs a little more time to counterbalance this with a corresponding "amount" of inner silence. So, in my understanding, Shakti needs to meet enough of Shiva in the body, otherwise she's getting confused. So then when excessive symptoms minimize, that's a sign of a well balanced sadhana, isn't it?
Maybe it would be wise to enter practices in some specific way after a break, not jumping right into it with all the energy-stimulating tools. Something like first day 5 mins of SBP instead of 10, and without siddhasana for a few sits, just to allow those two ones to enjoy some foreplay...

let me know if this resonates somehow with your experience, thx

Wish you beautiful summer,

Roman
Go to Top of Page

christiane

Lebanon
319 Posts

Posted - Jul 01 2009 :  10:03:34 PM  Show Profile  Visit christiane's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by mimirom
just to allow those two ones to enjoy some foreplay...

Roman

thanks for the early morning laugh!!!

I feel you are right about balancing Shiva and Shakti after a break.
It would be similar to starting to eat again after a few days of fasting. It would be wise to gradually eat from light to heavier food, little by little, instead of rushing on it compulsively.

Thank you for sharing

PS: summer is beautiful here, provided you have an air-conditioned room to do your practices. Which is not everyday the case as there could be a power outage!

_/\_
Go to Top of Page

mimirom

Czech Republic
368 Posts

Posted - Jul 02 2009 :  12:09:10 PM  Show Profile  Visit mimirom's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by christiane

quote:
Originally posted by mimirom
just to allow those two ones to enjoy some foreplay...

Roman

thanks for the early morning laugh!!!

No problem...

I didn't even realize that I'm being funny

Best, R.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000