Kundalini - AYP Practice-Related
 Feeling hot
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

vijikr

United Arab Emirates
413 Posts

Posted - Jan 21 2009 :  04:23:25 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hi,

Iam newbie here but have been browsing the forum for sometime now and ofcourse doing the AYP too as mentioned here in the main lessons.Previously I was just doing yoga and some pranayama for 2-3yrs now but so continues its just on and off.I feel lucky and previleged to see this forum while googling so I took this as a sign that its time for me practice advanced yoga technique as mentioned here.

Ok now to my question after doing this AYP at night I feel hot and iam sweating for past 3days...what is that?is that some symptoms of purification and iam not able to sleep well as iam sweeting a lot(i chked my BP its normal and all)and day time i feel cold ie when iam awake from bed I feel cold..is this normal?have anyone felt like this?Thanks for all your help.Its nice to see so many are out here helping each other.

With Love and Light
Viji

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Jan 21 2009 :  09:51:35 AM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Vijikr,
Welcome to the forum.
The heat/cold you feel is energy movement. So your worry in the other topic about surgery and kunadlini can be put to rest.

Do you do your second practice session close to bed time? This causes some to sleep badly at night. If you do practice close to bed time, change your second session to be early evening and if this is not the problem, then you may need to self pace. Cut down on your practice. You haven't told us what your routine is.. but it helps to cut back on some practices if the energy is making you uncomfortable.
Look at this FAQ:
Energy - Excess Kundalini Symptoms?
Wish you all the best.
Go to Top of Page

vijikr

United Arab Emirates
413 Posts

Posted - Jan 21 2009 :  1:19:36 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Shanti,
Thanks for the welcome. Yes you are right the second session I do practice it at night before bed time..and yes then Iam wideawake and cann't get back to sleep immediately it takes around 2-3hrs to get sleep. Anyways I guess self spacing is what i'll consider at the moment.
About my routine hmm haven't set a time for it.whenever i get time I do the pranayama and meditation but not excess though.

Love n light
Viji
Go to Top of Page

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Jan 21 2009 :  2:36:19 PM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Here Is what Yogani has to say.
http://www.aypsite.org/172.html
quote:
And yes, the energy can be running around inside in a variety of forms (light, sound, physical vibration, etc.) for quite a while after practices, so doing your second routine before dinner and having a reasonably active evening is important to stabilize things before bed. If it isn't happening, then consider backing off a bit on practice time for a while until you find a good balance between practices, activity, and sleep.

Lesson 49 - Pranayama Q&A – Perspiration

It may help to do your practice earlier. Also, maybe keeping track of time may help. If you are doing too much of spinal breathing and/or meditation, it can result in uncomfortable purification symptoms. Also, when you are not sure of how long you are practicing, it may be hard to self pace.
Go to Top of Page

SeekingShiva

USA
46 Posts

Posted - Feb 18 2009 :  3:29:22 PM  Show Profile  Visit SeekingShiva's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
vijikr,

From what I have known and told that if you are going through too Kundalini heat it could be damaging.

The whole process of kundalini awakening is purification and when kundalini energy hits a big roadblock it does produce some heat symptoms like you are mentioning.

Remember as we grow we will have above normal heat as all these breathing and building of ojas will create internal heat but too much needs attention.

So my suggestion which has worked for me is to take a warm glass of milk and mix one tablespoon of ghee with sugar. Make sure you mix sugar and nothing else as that will ease of the Kundalini heat.

Rest remember it is all purification but too much sometimes does bring in some charm.

I love AYP system and it works great with self pacing like everything else.

Also doing any meditation session for me just before sleep does not work so I do it little early in the evening.

May bliss follow you.

Go to Top of Page

vijikr

United Arab Emirates
413 Posts

Posted - Feb 18 2009 :  5:52:47 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
hi Seekingsiva,

Thanks for all your input. I'll have milk as said by you. Well iam not doing the SBP daily iam doing it alternatively but will try to do it everyday.

I have ordered Ypgani's books and waiting eagerly for its arrival.

Thanks
Go to Top of Page

ycloutier2000

Canada
78 Posts

Posted - Jun 20 2009 :  9:25:58 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
It is always wise to balance heating energy practices with cooling energy herbs/diet.

That is why a yogic diet is cooling - no chilli or spicy foods. A sattvic diet. Milk. Ghee. Ayurvedic herbs like Shatavari (which also increases ojas, sattva and opens the heart).

All these should be considered by a wise yogi
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000